The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marc_h94
Even with a below average BMAT your academics will probably get you into Cambridge. Well done on those! :smile:

Aww..thank you very much! But they still consider all parts of the application and I have seen people with better UMS ( on TSR of course!).
Your academics are really good as well! Oxford and UCL! I was considering doing two Bmat unis too, but I don't think i can take the risk. However, I will definitely be applying to B'ham too!
Good luck with getting your place at med school! :^_^:
Original post by Sailingslipelick
Aww..thank you very much! But they still consider all parts of the application and I have seen people with better UMS ( on TSR of course!).
Your academics are really good as well! Oxford and UCL! I was considering doing two Bmat unis too, but I don't think i can take the risk. However, I will definitely be applying to B'ham too!
Good luck with getting your place at med school! :^_^:

True it is a massive risk, but I mean if you prepare then it should be fine. Even if it doesn't even go that well, an average performance on BMAT will get you through if your academics are that good.
YES I've had enough of waiting! I really want to just get in and get it over with:redface:
hey you guys just wanted to ask which uni do you think i can get in to with:
GCSE
7A* 4A's

AS
Physics 282/300
Biology 267/300
Chemistry 252/300
Maths 261/300

i've done enough work eperience/ voluntary work

thanks you guys
Original post by sean morris
GCSE
7A* 4A's

AS
Physics 282/300
Biology 267/300
Chemistry 252/300
Maths 261/300

thanks you guys

Bite the bullet and apply to UCL, where you'll have to take the BMAT. They'll like your AS grades :smile:
Also depends on your UKCAT for almost everywhere else
Hey! Don't worry everyone! I know there were lots of people who were eager to find out Newcastle's Admissions phone number, so here it is: 01912227005
Your welcome, in advance :wink:
Original post by dej_unit
Is there any point in doing a fourth subject for A2?

Yes, and get an A in it just incase. So choose an easy subject (= a subject you find easy, but perhaps not relevant to Medicine so you didn't choose it) and that is still classed as a proper A level, and do it.

Bite the bullet and apply to UCL, where you'll have to take the BMAT. They'll like your AS grades :smile:
Also depends on your UKCAT for almost everywhere else

wow ucl? do what do you think are my chances of getting an iterview? and how well do i have to do at bmat?
thnaks
wow ucl? do what do you think are my chances of getting an iterview? and how well do i have to do at bmat?
thnaks

You'll have to do pretty well for the BMAT, but it's certainly preparable. Write a cracking PS too x
Original post by Limesasquatch
Hey! Don't worry everyone! I know there were lots of people who were eager to find out Newcastle's Admissions phone number, so here it is: 01912227005
Your welcome, in advance :wink:

ooooh some prank calling time :colone:

lol kidding :wink:

Thank youuuuuuu :biggrin: (though I don't need it :tongue: )
Reply 7009
GCSE
7A* 4A's

AS
Physics 282/300
Biology 267/300
Chemistry 252/300
Maths 261/300

thanks you guys

wow your academics are almost exactly the same as mine, in ums aswell :smile:
Reply 7010
is it possible to apply to lancaster and liverpool ?
Reply 7011
Anyone know which universities interview the largest number of applicants?
Reply 7012
after applications/interviews etc do any universities give you AAB offers? even though their entry requirements are AAA...

thankyou! :smile:
Original post by kimmey
wow your academics are almost exactly the same as mine, in ums aswell :smile:

cool, what unis are you applying to?
Reply 7014
Good luck everyone! :smile:
So I did some more work experience today and got to watch some surgeons in theatre. Somehow I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to the scent of burning flesh as they carve their way through the body.
So I did some more work experience today and got to watch some surgeons in theatre. Somehow I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to the scent of burning flesh as they carve their way through the body.

That's the same thing I picked up on. I wouldn't worry about it, every doctor I spoke to afterwards asked me about the smell, so I think it's quite a universal thing. :tongue:

If you wanna desensitive yourself from it, buy an electric flyswatter and zap some bugs. Smells very similar. :colondollar:
Reply 7017

You should write that in your PS :u:
Original post by maemg
You should write that in your PS :u:

lol thats not a bad idea! Id try to make it sound more positive though :biggrin:
Reply 7019
lol thats not a bad idea! Id try to make it sound more positive though :biggrin:

I cant beleive you were actually allowed into surgery, in northern ireland we cant get in , we watched a video of the surgery , a camera was placed inside the patient were the operation(gall-bladder removal) was taking place it was still pretty good though.

Latest

Trending

Trending