The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3760
Original post by oliviaL
Oooh I do, it wasnt my first choice so I dont know too much about it :smile: looks nice though
How long does it take to get to the campus?
And what are the shower/toilet facilities like I dont remember looking at them lol
also is it a generally social place?

It takes about 5-10 minutes to get to campus, depending which part of campus you're going to. There's one toilet and one shower in each flat of five people.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by oliviaL
Oooh I do, it wasnt my first choice so I dont know too much about it :smile: looks nice though
How long does it take to get to the campus?
And what are the shower/toilet facilities like I dont remember looking at them lol
also is it a generally social place?

Most of your questions have been answered by Gemini92 but as for the social life, it really is what you make of it.
You'll probably have a committee with social secretaries to organise stuff like Christmas Balls, BBQ's, etc..
Make sure you get to know people from your whole block if you want a good social life :smile: talk to your flatmates to maybe organise a flat party in the first few days of Freshers and go knocking on everyone's flat in your block and try get loads of people to come along! Great way to meet people!
Reply 3762
Kay, got my accommodation.

Clarence Dock M3.14

:smile:
Reply 3763
Anyone know what halls have shared rooms? Just been told I will receive a contract for one until November.
Original post by Lovin
Yeh i know right. I havent even done the essential information form yet. Can you hand it in when you get there or does it HAVE to be sent off before you go?

Have you got a link for the essential information form? Can't find it on the acomm website!
Original post by strengthandhonour
Have you got a link for the essential information form? Can't find it on the acomm website!

Its on the University portal site when you go through the eInduction for your accommodation.
Reply 3766
This is a bit random but is anyone going up for the pre-registration day tommorow? :smile:
Original post by YaziB
Montague Burton, block H?? What's the atmosphere like there? I didn't apply there so haven't done much research! xx

I am in block H too! :smile: H3.2..
Reply 3768
Just wondering, have any clearing students received any accommodation offers yet?

I phoned up the accommodation office a few days ago (before they sent the email) and they said I should receive a reply by the 9th, though, their phones (introduction message) says we should hear before the 14th?

Also, is it likely that I will be able to change my accommodation (assuming that I get a bad one) within the first term? How 'competitive' is the line for alternative accommodation (especially seeing how I may be offered accommodation in St Marks with a contract that expires in November or January).
Reply 3769
I booked my time slot to move in, but does anyone know if it's possible to arrange a time a little later than 5pm? My flight would of just missed it and it'll make things that much more bothersome for me if I need to find a place to stay for the night after travelling for so long.

Any ideas?
Reply 3770
Original post by acj
This is a bit random but is anyone going up for the pre-registration day tommorow? :smile:

what pre reg?
Original post by acj

I AM :biggrin:
Original post by Se0n
I booked my time slot to move in, but does anyone know if it's possible to arrange a time a little later than 5pm? My flight would of just missed it and it'll make things that much more bothersome for me if I need to find a place to stay for the night after travelling for so long.

Any ideas?

Email the accommodation office and find out :smile:
Reply 3773
Original post by strengthandhonour

Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
Its on the University portal site when you go through the eInduction for your accommodation.

What she said hun :tongue: When you go through the eIntro, (Which iis incredibly long) you will get a print out of the essential information form. :smile:
Reply 3774
Just found out I'm living in Barden Grange, room 04.

Contract is only until November as apparently this is a shared room.
I can't find where I can book a moving in slop on the eportal, where abouts is it?
I need to fill out the essential information form too. I'm so unorganised for moving!! ahhh
Reply 3776
Original post by annawatson
I can't find where I can book a moving in slop on the eportal, where abouts is it?
I need to fill out the essential information form too. I'm so unorganised for moving!! ahhh

You have to go through the residence eIntro and you can book a moving-in time at the end.
Reply 3777
According to the accommodation website, Barden Grange has a double bed in my room, 04. However I was told that I would be getting a shared room, so does double bed actually mean two beds? If not how big is this room going to be if it has 2 double beds in it! :eek:
Reply 3778
Okay, so I doubt any of you guys would need this information but just incase.

if you want to move in after 5pm, just contact the Accommodation office and they'll arrange your keys to be held for you. Also if you just so happen to be at st. marks and moving in on the 15th (like moi :smile:) then they'll be open until 8pm.
These societies are quite expensive....

Latest