The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by EllieJoONM
I am going to Queens' too and I have heard nothing either :frown: I want my parents! Or at least a room :tongue: What are you studying?

Oh thank god I'm not the only one who hasn't heard! I'm actually dying to meet my parents! :biggrin:
I'm doing modern and medieval languages, how about you?
:smile:
Reply 2941
SCIENTISTS.

What have you been reading?
:smile:

also
Original post by TomU
"Please rate some other members before rating this member again." :frown:

I'm just spreading the gospel... apparently from now on, Cantabs use "PRSOM" on TSR for "Please rate some other members before rating this member again"
:cool:
Original post by kpatb
I'm just spreading the gospel... apparently from now on, Cantabs use "PRSOM" on TSR for "Please rate some other members before rating this member again"
:cool:

It's not unique to us...but we did come up with it first. :awesome:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I'm looking forward to :work: tbh.

Wait until you have 3 essays due in in the next 6 days and you only started the reading for the first one that morning...
Original post by gethsemane342
Wait until you have 3 essays due in in the next 6 days and you only started the reading for the first one that morning...

2 whole days for an essay! That's more time than I usually give myself :awesome:
2 whole days for an essay! That's more time than I usually give myself :awesome:

Plus reading and lectures :wink: Less time than you think.

(Well, with reading, you could do what we sometimes did and only do the reading for the essay. This is fine until you have 2 topics in a supervision, no one reads the 2nd topic and the supervisor dedicates the whole supervision to that topic...)
Original post by gethsemane342
Plus reading and lectures :wink: Less time than you think.

(Well, with reading, you could do what we sometimes did and only do the reading for the essay. This is fine until you have 2 topics in a supervision, no one reads the 2nd topic and the supervisor dedicates the whole supervision to that topic...)

I'm trollin', I know It'll be really hard.

I'm even looking forward to those manic pre-exam-esque periods of overburdening right now though. I just wanna start :frown:

Darn Cambridge, starting later than everyone else!
Reply 2947
I'm even looking forward to those manic pre-exam-esque periods of overburdening right now though. I just wanna start :frown:

I can't say that I'm looking forward to the manic pre-exam periods (because I get really stressed and seriously ill then :tongue:) but I want to start too...

I think what makes it worse is that all my friends have started already or are leaving in the next week :frown:
Original post by kpatb
I can't say that I'm looking forward to the manic pre-exam periods (because I get really stressed and seriously ill then :tongue:) but I want to start too...

I think what makes it worse is that all my friends have started already or are leaving in the next week :frown:

I'm trollin', I know It'll be really hard.

Yeah? Check out what we've got to look forward to. #****yeahPembrokeFreshers :smug:
Original post by Tortious
Yeah? Check out what we've got to look forward to. #****yeahPembrokeFreshers :smug:

I'm not even going to Pembroke and I nearly just :sexface:.

HOMERTON, Y U NO HAVE TIMETABLE!?

Very jealous of the Tea Party.
:tea:
Original post by Schnecke
Very jealous of the Tea Party.

Here...

Only joking. :p:

If you're erm...passionate about tea, there's actually a TeaSoc which is for all members of the University. They have different kinds of teas (I tried Christmas Tea when I went once last year) and for £1 per meeting or about a tenner a year, it's all you can drink. :biggrin: It's generally held at 4pm (teatime, duh :rolleyes:) in Pembroke. It's definitely on Sundays and I think Thursdays too... :smile:
Do you guys reckon that I should purchase a morphsuit for all of the fancy dress occasions?
Original post by Cast.Iron
Do you guys reckon that I should purchase a morphsuit for all of the fancy dress occasions?

Nah. From what I recall, they're fairly expensive - and the best fancy dress is home made! :h:

Besides, I don't think it'd work with any of the themes. To give you a flavour, past Pembroke bop themes have been "Heroes and Villains", "Nightmare Before Christmas", "Roald Dahl" and "P is For...". As you can see, you're better off getting some cheap stuff from the Primark near the Grafton and combining it. :yes:

EDIT: Might be worth getting a (cheap) tray of face paints though. There's nowhere really that sells that kind of stuff in Cambridge, with the exception of the party shop...where I paid about £4 for a pot of Snazaroo. :sad:
(edited 12 years ago)
Nah. From what I recall, they're fairly expensive - and the best fancy dress is home made! :h:

Besides, I don't think it'd work with any of the themes. To give you a flavour, past Pembroke bop themes have been "Heroes and Villains", "Nightmare Before Christmas", "Roald Dahl" and "P is For...". As you can see, you're better off getting some cheap stuff from the Primark near the Grafton and combining it. :yes:

You make a very good point.

Perhaps I will just buy a tuxedo one and wear it to matriculation :colone:.

Here...

Only joking. :p:

If you're erm...passionate about tea, there's actually a TeaSoc which is for all members of the University. They have different kinds of teas (I tried Christmas Tea when I went once last year) and for £1 per meeting or about a tenner a year, it's all you can drink. :biggrin: It's generally held at 4pm (teatime, duh :rolleyes:) in Pembroke. It's definitely on Sundays and I think Thursdays too... :smile:

Pretty much free tea, you say? :holmes:

I like the sound of that.
Somebody is randomly negging my posts.

:colonhash:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Somebody is randomly negging my posts.

:colonhash:

I got donned last night I think :sad:
Original post by cpdavis
I got donned last night I think :sad:

Maybe it's a rival Skype group :holmes:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending