The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by David22
So I'm in a rut with both my leagues and was wondering who you would start in these situations:

First league (Need to fill the other RB slot, other is filled with Mendenhall):

Ryan Grant - playing against the Saints (is their D line good?) and the Packers already chose a 50/50 split carry between him and Starks
Brandon Jacobs - Second RB / goal line carrier, but playing against the Redskins who are garbage and last year Jacobs racked in double-digit points
Mark Ingram - Probably a no-go right? facing the packers D line...

Other League (both RB slots - right now I chose Ryan Mathews and Brandon Jacobs):

Ryan Mathews vs Min - starting back for the Chargers, but may not get the goal line balls
Brandon Jacobs - look above
Mike Tolbert vs Min - handcuff to Mathews, but does get the goal line balls
Willis McGahee vs Oak - will get all goal line carries and then some, but Moreno is the starting RB.

Let me know who you would start

Brandon Jacobs in both, and Ryan Matthews on the second team...
The Lions will make the playoffs.
Original post by georgegabriel

Agree. And possibly win a game, depending who they draw....
Reply 2523
I hope the Lions make it. My friends and I all have our individual teams, however we've adopted the Lions as our 'joint team' that we all want to do well too!
Original post by georgegabriel

I do hope so... Been a looooooooooooong time since we last made them.
Reply 2525
Thanks Patriot and alexsong, this helps.

Lions could very well make the playoffs, and I too want them to make it after their steroided defensive line (Silver Crush!). Besides the defensive line, Stafford HAS to stay healthy, otherwise their playoff dreams are shattered. Packers will take North, Eagles will take East, Saints have the edge on the South, and Rams will probably take the West. I'll put the Falcons taking 1 wild card spot and that last wild card spot is up for grabs - Giants (i'm biased), Cowboys, Lions.
Reply 2526
Ayone done any week 1 coupons yet ? Gonna look at them tomorrow I normally bet the money line but wanted to get into spread betting this year
Just watched America's Game 2010. Perhaps a bit over-dramatic but it was a great watch. Didn't realise Charles Woodson was such a dick when he came to Green Bay.
Motivation for people playing this year XD

IT'S GAME DAY! :woohoo:
Original post by Scott129
IT'S GAME DAY! :woohoo:

In the words of that old Madden track...FOOOOOTBALLL TIIIME! ONCE AGAIN ITS ONNNN!

Tonight should be a special game. Even sweeter as it looked like it wouldn't happen for awhile.
Original post by Jimmy McNulty
In the words of that old Madden track...FOOOOOTBALLL TIIIME! ONCE AGAIN ITS ONNNN!

Tonight should be a special game. Even sweeter as it looked like it wouldn't happen for awhile.

Agreed. I'm expecting fireworks, both before the game and during. Loads of Madden-style passing and hopefully, we'll see a good running game from both teams.
Looking forward to today! Been waiting since February :biggrin:

I have the Saints taking this one in an upset :P
Reply 2533
So pumped for tonight! When you've been waiting for this day since February 6th, Nothing can spoil it! I hope to god Sean Payton has shown the team Marshawn Lynch's run to get them pumped for this!
Original post by The Patriot
Looking forward to today! Been waiting since February :biggrin:

I have the Saints taking this one in an upset :P

I'm going with a narrow Saints win largely due to their Ds ability to shut down the Green Bay rush.

Brees VS Rodgers, last two superbowl winners squaring off, this is gonna be good:cool:
How's everyone watching it? If anyone needs a stream, I have several :colone:
How's everyone watching it? If anyone needs a stream, I have several :colone:

yes please! don't need high quality one... HD would ruin my download limit :P
Original post by The Patriot
yes please! don't need high quality one... HD would ruin my download limit :P

http://www.stream2watch.com/index.php?videoid=13286

That one's a general NBC one so you'll get the pre-game coverage/kick-off ceremony.
http://www.stream2watch.com/index.php?videoid=13286

That one's a general NBC one so you'll get the pre-game coverage/kick-off ceremony.

don't send them in the thread dude. mods don't like it!

do it through PM if you want to send any more :smile:

I've already saved this one you've sent me though. thanks :biggrin:
Reply 2539
SAINTS GONNA OWN TONIGHT.

this thread gonna be active tonight???

Latest