The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5420
Original post by Tech
congrats, that's great news :biggrin:

Thankies...beer is always good news! :tongue:
Original post by Phryx
Luckily with us we get a auto-generated system email confirming essay 'uploads'.

We have to manually give our essays in and upload them it in to turnitin. I wouldn't trust myself with email submission :/ would probably end up sending from multiple email addresses to be sure. Also it'd take a while to attach it to email for big files.

Also had no idea you worked that much in 5th year - we do an A&E block so hopefully will get a lot of clinical experience if we're working those hours.
Original post by Mushi_master
I ended up with my fifth choice (medical botany), which had an exam. Was a bit unsure at first but ended up really liking it and doing pretty well.

That sounds pretty good though! I got the developmental basis of birth defects. Fingers crossed it goes ok :tongue: Are you ready for 3rd year?!
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
That sounds amazing! What iBSc's are you guys doing? I did want to do the space physiology one at Kings but wasn't running for this year, although they did offer an MSc. But don't really know if I'd be applicable for an MSc.

FFC and I are both biomedical engineering :h: I really wanted orthopaedic sciences at UCL until they decided never to take externals again :sigh:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
FFC and I are both biomedical engineering :h: I really wanted orthopaedic sciences at UCL until they decided never to take externals again :sigh:

Good luck with your iBSc! I knew UCL haven't taken on externals this year, but is this going to be the case forever?! :frown:
Reply 5425
Original post by Skwee
Thankies...beer is always good news! :tongue:

For sure :awesome:

Original post by billet-doux
Good luck with your iBSc! I knew UCL haven't taken on externals this year, but is this going to be the case forever?! :frown:

It seems so :frown: I think they're trying to integrate the BSc year more with the rest of the course

Yeh, they're changing their course structure so the BSc will be less of a standalone year and more integrated into the rest of the course.
It's strange, I would have applied to intercalate in medical anthropology at UCL. I can't believe I start at King's in a few weeks. I really hope there's not a lot of essays in this BSc year (bar the disso of course).
Original post by crazylemon
Friend has failed resits :frown:
I hope she gets her appeal. She has come into medicine the hard way and in clinical years would have wiped the floor with me.

Worst thing is if they hadn't started scaling this year she would have passed first time round :frown:
That's awful. Is she not allowed to repeat the year?

My friends have started T-year and it sounds hectic. Lobs galore.
That sounds pretty good though! I got the developmental basis of birth defects. Fingers crossed it goes ok :tongue: Are you ready for 3rd year?!

Ew embryology :tongue: not a bad choice though as it may tie in pretty well with the repro scenarios.

Bit anxious, gonna be a very different year! Looking forward to it though, have been since I started. Intro week starts on Monday so summer bliss over very soon!
Original post by i'm no superman
It's strange, I would have applied to intercalate in medical anthropology at UCL. I can't believe I start at King's in a few weeks. I really hope there's not a lot of essays in this BSc year (bar the disso of course).

Wouldn't mind essays, am utterly terrified that my complete inabilities in maths and physics are gonna crush my grades this year!
Looking at the student numbers for year two, we seem to be missing a good 20 people. Do that many really not make the next year!? :eek: Although I'm not sure if they're retaking the year of have just been kicked off :dontknow:

So far I've managed to guess who four of them were, but without a list of the original 170, I'm a bit stuck.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Looking at the student numbers for year two, we seem to be missing a good 20 people. Do that many really not make the next year!? :eek: Although I'm not sure if they're retaking the year of have just been kicked off :dontknow:

So far I've managed to guess who four of them were, but without a list of the original 170, I'm a bit stuck.

I reckon we lost that many by Christmas of 1st year :colone:

Thing is, of the 150 people left, there are at least 10 names I don't recognise (so they're either retaking the year or took the year out or whatever) so that brings it up to 30 missing people :dontknow: Just a bit of a shock I suppose - I thought medicine drop out/fail rates were supposed to be fairly low!!

Especially since I can't find the name of one of my friends on the list, only she hasn't said anything about it, and I don't feel like I could ask her about it.....

:eek: I don't understand why you'd work so hard to get into a competitive course and then drop out :dontknow:
Original post by Lantana

Original post by Lantana
:eek: I don't understand why you'd work so hard to get into a competitive course and then drop out :dontknow:

We had one person that didn't even turn up for the first day! :lolwut: And somebody else stayed for about a day before leaving :confused:
There was one girl who never showed up for enrollment, but somehow remained on the list for our GP visits, tutorials, IPE etc etc, they never got the message.

Another girl I know, spoke to her a little during revision time this Easter, never saw her at exams and there is no trace of her on facebook. Very strange.
Original post by Mushi_master
There was one girl who never showed up for enrollment, but somehow remained on the list for our GP visits, tutorials, IPE etc etc, they never got the message.

Another girl I know, spoke to her a little during revision time this Easter, never saw her at exams and there is no trace of her on facebook. Very strange.

Very similar thing here last year. We had a girl who was meant to be in my pbl group, EPC group (GP shiznit) and MedSoc group (Hospital shiznit), but she never turned up. It was the strangest thing ever. No one had heard of her before from our year. She wasn't in the year above us because another girl I was with in those groups was repeating the year and had never heard of her (I know thats not good enough evidence). I don't think anyone knew who she was. And she never turned up for anything. Freaky... :iiam:
Original post by i'm no superman

I have a lot of essays to do this year. :eek: Apparently, this course is just lots and lots of reading and lots of essay writing. And a bit of teaching in between. Kinda sucks that the last essay I wrote that asked me to state my opinion on something arty farty was my BMAT essay...and that didn't go well! Oh dear.

We start in a week and half! I need to go stationery shopping! Ain't nothing better than feeling well organised with a new set of everything at the start of a new year! :teeth:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Medicine Man

Original post by Medicine Man
I have a lot of essays to do this year. :eek: Apparently, this course is just lots and lots of reading and lots of essay writing. And a bit of teaching in between. Kinda sucks that the last essay I wrote that asked me to state my opinion on something arty farty was my BMAT essay...and that didn't go well! Oh dear.

We start in a week and half! I need to go stationery shopping! Ain't nothing better than feeling well organised with a new set of everything at the start of a new year! :teeth:

And then a month later only 10% of it's actually being used :teehee:

See all the essays and stuff is kind of what puts me off doing an intercalated degree. I think I'd be awful at any normal degree :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending