The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colonel.
What if Amy and Rory are the godparents of the Doctor and River's baby!

Will they ever go away? :tongue:
Just saw the episode, and noticed the rather prominent gold mirror in the dolls' house which Amy and Rory kept running past - I STILL like the mirrors theory :biggrin:

Also, has anyone else considered that the spaceman who kills the Doctor is a Teselecta thing from LKH - given that they are the 'Justice Department' and the Doctor is considered so dangerous by Kovarian et al? It would explain why they knew the time of his death down to the minute...
If the mirrors theory does hold any weight then I think it may be an important point that the spaceman's helmet has a mirrored lens.
Original post by sleekchic
The Girl Who Waited teasers

Below you will find our first 15 teasers for The Girl Who Waited.

Rory almost does what he does. Again At least he's only almost dying.
Another common phrase from Moffat’s-era crops up again Geronimo?

Not sure about any of the others. Other than the 36 years possibly being the amount of time Amy ages by.
Original post by Rascacielos
After watching Let's Kill Hitler again, I'm thinking that the Doctor who turns up in his TARDIS when River is about to be miniaturised isn't the Doctor that was dying in the TARDIS. It's just that he says "Doctor Who?" (which I think is also the question that the Silence want) but at the same time, it's evident that he's dying. :dontknow:

I was thinking this earlier. Furthermore in previous episodes things like 32 minutes left have generally been in real time/ In this episode there is a whole 9 minutes unaccounted for. :holmes:

Perhaps the Doctor realised what River would do, found the ganger doctor told him and poisoned him, got dropped off to ep 1. and then the ganger doctor came back. Or the ganger doctor went to ep. 1 with the poison. Which ever you prefer.

It'll be something to do with two Doctors, which has been referenced all throughout this series. I also think a parallel universe may come up.

The "Rory is a nurse" thing might also come into play.

I still think the whole Rory 'is a nurse' is showing how he is becoming a warrior and the Sontaran saying that 'Rory I'm a nurse' was just to juxtapose each other, Rory: Nurse to Warrior. Sontaran: Warrior to nurse.

-------------------
I wonder about why the Silence/ Kovarian are at war with the Doctor. Did he go back in time and stop them at some point to cause their hatred for him?
------

Rule 1: The Doctor Lies
Rules 2-6: Unknown
Rule 7: Never run away when you're scared.

I wonder when we find out Rules 2-6.
Original post by SirMasterKey
I was thinking this earlier. Furthermore in previous episodes things like 32 minutes left have generally been in real time/ In this episode there is a whole 9 minutes unaccounted for. :holmes:

Perhaps the Doctor realised what River would do, found the ganger doctor told him and poisoned him, got dropped off to ep 1. and then the ganger doctor came back. Or the ganger doctor went to ep. 1 with the poison. Which ever you prefer.

I still think the whole Rory 'is a nurse' is showing how he is becoming a warrior and the Sontaran saying that 'Rory I'm a nurse' was just to juxtapose each other, Rory: Nurse to Warrior. Sontaran: Warrior to nurse.

-------------------
I wonder about why the Silence/ Kovarian are at war with the Doctor. Did he go back in time and stop them at some point to cause their hatred for him?
------

Rule 1: The Doctor Lies
Rules 2-6: Unknown
Rule 7: Never run away when you're scared.

I wonder when we find out Rules 2-6.

It's probably a pre-emptive strike before the Doctor can mess with their worlds. They're scared of him, he did make the Daleks extinct (for a while) and blew up a Cyberman war fleet recently. I would think they're trying to get rid of him before he stops them.
Reply 6586
It's probably a pre-emptive strike before the Doctor can mess with their worlds. They're scared of him, he did make the Daleks extinct (for a while) and blew up a Cyberman war fleet recently. I would think they're trying to get rid of him before he stops them.

He only did that because the silence took Amy, didn't he?
Original post by humy369

Yes, but it's a bit excessive, wouldn't you say? And there's no proof that the Cybermen had anything to do with the Silence.
Original post by humy369

No but close. He blew up the cyber fleet as Kovarian (who is probaly under the silences control) as she kidnapped Amy and the cybermen knew where she was.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It would still be a massive hole in the plot, they could have taken a shot from something like Amy holding Melody in AGMGTW but this seemed to be an older Amy (well different hairstyle) in a different place. There were also other shots of the child growing up.

I like the second theory even though I'm not a fan of time being rewritten. Sounds most probable. Although a bit confusing how photos from a reset timeline would end up in the original timeline.

Yeah, she also looked happy and I doubt she was on Kovorian`s ship. I`m also not a fan of time being rewritten, actually I hate the whole concept and just want them to reboot the earth invasions of series 1-4 then leave the timestream alone, but I premuse something will convince Amy and Rory to leave in episode 11 so the Doctor visits Craig alone.

Hoping it isn`t other plothole, like the money from last episode. Did that annoy anyone else?

Nice reasoning. I'm siding with you on this one.

But then surely they have been many many attempts on the Doctor's life and he tends to survive. Surely a pre-emptive strike would be rather silly? On the other hand Kovarian seems to know that making a time lord regenerate and killing them again during it will kill them stone dead.

Even so it must be something fairly bad they are doing then as surely if it was good then the Doctor wouldn't really go and stop them?
But then surely they have been many many attempts on the Doctor's life and he tends to survive. Surely a pre-emptive strike would be rather silly? On the other hand Kovarian seems to know that making a time lord regenerate and killing them again during it will kill them stone dead.

Even so it must be something fairly bad they are doing then as surely if it was good then the Doctor wouldn't really go and stop them?

Making their own Time Lord to fight a Time Lord seemed to be their idea ala River.

If they were doing something bad, that doesn't mean that they think it's wrong. It could be something they believe in but the Doctor might not.
What if Amy and Rory are the godparents of the Doctor and River's baby!

Why would they be the godparents when they're the grandparents?
Original post by Tasneemo
Why would they be the godparents when they're the grandparents?

Timey wimey.
Timey wimey.

Wibbly Wobbly?
Another Doctor Who-themed tshirt coming up on http://qwertee.com/ in about 10 minutes or so. This time it features "Pond's Fish Fingers & Custard". Not sure if I can link images from facebook...

Actually somewhat tempted to buy it. Although I'm waiting on a free tee from them that I won last weekend and I'm waiting on three shirts from Threadless, so I don't really need any more shirts right now... I only wear my Exterminate/Procrastinate shirt on Doctor Who days (and I forgot to last week...) so... probably gonna give it a miss.

Next time *THIS* goes on sale, though, I plan on buying it D:<
I may buy it. :colondollar: Might not wear it out and about, but for £10, it wouldn't matter if I only wore it at home.

Original post by LastLordofTime
Another Doctor Who-themed tshirt coming up on http://qwertee.com/ in about 10 minutes or so. This time it features "Pond's Fish Fingers & Custard". Not sure if I can link images from facebook...

Actually somewhat tempted to buy it. Although I'm waiting on a free tee from them that I won last weekend and I'm waiting on three shirts from Threadless, so I don't really need any more shirts right now... I only wear my Exterminate/Procrastinate shirt on Doctor Who days (and I forgot to last week...) so... probably gonna give it a miss.

Next time *THIS* goes on sale, though, I plan on buying it D:<

Btw, what are the quality of t-shirts on that threadless site like?
(edited 12 years ago)
From what I understand, Threadless use American Apparel shirts for printing, so I'd imagine they're pretty good. Wont know until I receive mine (just over two weeks since they were dispatched, still waiting :frown: Darn international delivery!)
Original post by LastLordofTime
From what I understand, Threadless use American Apparel shirts for printing, so I'd imagine they're pretty good. Wont know until I receive mine (just over two weeks since they were dispatched, still waiting :frown: Darn international delivery!)

Eurgh, nightmare. Which ones did you buy? :h:

Latest