The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LemonSherbett
I'm doin psychology too XD i'll b commuting from home thou, is anyone else commutting..?

I'm commuting from near Euston Station, if that counts!? I'm just worried about freshers. I've bought a pass and don't mind the whole business of turning up on my own.. it's just getting home that's worrying me!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by xbabycakes
I'm commuting from near Euston Station, if that counts!? I'm just worried about freshers. I've bought a pass and don't mind the whole business of turning up on my own.. it's just getting home that's worrying me!

im guessing ur gunna go 2 liverpool street n then get a tube to mile end?? Thts wat im gunna do anyway from north london lool. N freshers idk i avent bought any tickets yet coz of the travelling bak n goin on mi own ect.. .. i need 2 decide wat im gunna do n then buy the tickets before they get sold out lool .
im guessing ur gunna go 2 liverpool street n then get a tube to mile end?? Thts wat im gunna do anyway from north london lool. N freshers idk i avent bought any tickets yet coz of the travelling bak n goin on mi own ect.. .. i need 2 decide wat im gunna do n then buy the tickets before they get sold out lool .

I don't think I can get to liverpool street from euston station? I was planning on taking the victoria line to oxford circus, then change to the central line to mile end. I think the journey will take about 30 minutes, but some people say it shouldn't take that long.

Well, I know that I don't want to miss out on freshers so I'm going to try my hardest to get there! I'd buy one if I was you, but it's completely your decision I guess.
Anyone else had that invite to work for an Iphone company at Freshers, is it legit?
I'm doin psychology too XD i'll b commuting from home thou, is anyone else commutting..?

heyy, yes i'm doing psychology and also commuting :smile: i'm commuting from west london and it'll take me around an hour to get there everyday which isn't too bad.. what about you? xx
Original post by shabnam-x
heyy, yes i'm doing psychology and also commuting :smile: i'm commuting from west london and it'll take me around an hour to get there everyday which isn't too bad.. what about you? xx

i'm commuting from north london n i think it takes about an hour too
:/ anyone else feeling a bit nervous about starting and the lonely first weeks :frown:
Original post by Iqbal007
:/ anyone else feeling a bit nervous about starting and the lonely first weeks :frown:

They're not really lonely, there's so much going on and you're meeting so many new people. Awkward perhaps as you start to make friends/friendship groups and realise who are the idiots in your flat and in your year but not lonely.
Original post by ajp100688
They're not really lonely, there's so much going on and you're meeting so many new people. Awkward perhaps as you start to make friends/friendship groups and realise who are the idiots in your flat and in your year but not lonely.

Im commuting though :/
Original post by QueenOfHearts93
Yeh that one. It was definitely an "Oh Crap" moment! :smile: How much is the poetry one? (I'm not doing that module 'cos I'm joint)

Yeh I'm really excited :smile: Are you looking forward to seeing Much Ado About Nothing? Are you planning on going to the day one or evening one?

I'm going to the Friday afternoon showing - so excited! I've never read or seen it before, so I started reading it a few days ago and now I'm especially looking forward to seeing who they cast as Benedict and Don John (they're my favourites so far) Which day are you going? Do you know anyone else who is going? I haven't spoken to another English student yet c:

P.S. The poetry one was about £30 :c and my Norton Shakespeare came in the post today and its giant! About 3500 pages! I can't imagine how we're all going to haul it around this year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Iqbal007

yes! im commuting too. this is gonna suck =/
Reply 1611
Original post by JellyyBeanyy

I commute too and I made loads of good friends. Don't worry so much :smile:
Original post by Susanoo
I commute too and I made loads of good friends. Don't worry so much :smile:

i think im just worried about having to be all awkward and alone between lectures in the first few weeks, you know?
Reply 1613

i think im just worried about having to be all awkward and alone between lectures in the first few weeks, you know?

Just introduce yourself to as many people as you can. You won't be the only one in that situation.
Original post by Susanoo
Just introduce yourself to as many people as you can. You won't be the only one in that situation.

yeah, thats what i keep telling myself :P
yeah, thats what i keep telling myself :P

Listen, it will work out! Don't be too nervous about it all. For example, a bunch of us met up a few days ago since we were checking out properties and trying to find somewhere to live and we all managed to get along really well. QMUL has loads of people and your sort of people (if such a thing exists) will be out there.
Reply 1616
It's funny how ppl are so worried that it will al be awkward and painful because they do not know anyone. Think about it... You will spend three years in college. THREE YEARS. You don't need to make a hundred friends the first week you get there. There is no popularity contest going on. Just relax and enjoy a new experience. You will eventually meet people. Actually I believe you will meet more people or at least build stronger friendships if you act calm and don't go around acting all weird in trying to set a record for getting to know the most people.

And what's so weird and awkward about being alone? Just stroll around. Go get a snack. Go have a drink by yourslef. Sit on a bench in campus and just relax. Your confidence will be a magnet for people. Sooner or later you will get to know people.

Like I said... You have three years to spend with a limited number of people. You will eventually make some friends. It's human nature. So don't worry about it.
Original post by hendershott
I'm going to the Friday afternoon showing - so excited! I've never read or seen it before, so I started reading it a few days ago and now I'm especially looking forward to seeing who they cast as Benedict and Don John (they're my favourites so far) Which day are you going? Do you know anyone else who is going? I haven't spoken to another English student yet c:

P.S. The poetry one was about £30 :c and my Norton Shakespeare came in the post today and its giant! About 3500 pages! I can't imagine how we're all going to haul it around this year.

Oh dear... I'm buying it today, should make a nice dent in my already none existent funds :smile: I've got to buy that, two coursepacks, Much Ado tickets, Frankenstein and another book I can't remember, and the Fresher's Pass. :s-smilie: So what exactly is the Shakespeare book, just the plays, or is there like commentaries on them or something? That's a lot of pages!

I'm gonna go to the Friday afternoon one too (Don't wanna miss out on any evening fun) We should go together :smile: I am yet to actually speak to other English students yet, I've seen them on Facebook on the QM page, and keep meaning to add them, but I forget...

Yeh, I studied it in English yonks ago, can't actually remember when... Think it might have been year 9? I remember the basic plot but that's about it, so I'm gonna reread it before :smile:
Reply 1618
hello all of you!

was wondering if anyone was going to be joining me at queen mary this year? :smile:

xx

My life might not suck, some foundation i joined 2 years ago is having a Queen Mary pre-uni get together :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending