The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XST
According to the accommodation website, Barden Grange has a double bed in my room, 04. However I was told that I would be getting a shared room, so does double bed actually mean two beds? If not how big is this room going to be if it has 2 double beds in it! :eek:

I think it will be 2 beds. Same accomodation as me though, except I'm in Block M!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
been given bodington hall, clapham house! anyone know what its like? i applied for en suite/self catered and got given the complete opposite
Original post by geekaymillay.
These societies are quite expensive....

Good thing there's a "come and have a go" thing during Freshers!

I'm deffo doing Debating though :smile:
Original post by Muffinz
Good thing there's a "come and have a go" thing during Freshers!

I'm deffo doing Debating though :smile:

So im i, probably...see you there....:smile:
and you are doing a subject i love, English <3
So im i, probably...see you there....:smile:
and you are doing a subject i love, English <3

:biggrin: Yep! Happy days :smile: I'm hoping that the debating will help me hone my essay skills, which have disintegrated over the last year x_x

What are you gonna be doing?
Original post by Muffinz
:biggrin: Yep! Happy days :smile: I'm hoping that the debating will help me hone my essay skills, which have disintegrated over the last year x_x

What are you gonna be doing?

Definitely film and photography...my main loves.
one departmental society... probably politics..
debating, i want to join lippy, scribe and some others but its pretty much a money issue now.
Original post by Se0n
I booked my time slot to move in, but does anyone know if it's possible to arrange a time a little later than 5pm? My flight would of just missed it and it'll make things that much more bothersome for me if I need to find a place to stay for the night after travelling for so long.

Any ideas?

I can't move in until after 5 on my day either, I rang them up and they sorted it out for me - a lot of the halls offices are open later than 5 anyway, so as long as they know it's not a problem. If the office at your hall is closed they just send your stuff to Charles Morris hall office (which is 24 hours I think they said) so it's still not an issue - just ring them up and they'll arrange it for you.
AHH I just bought a ticket to see Scroobius Pip live in Leeds :biggrin::biggrin: omg omg I love him so much and in Cornwall you just never get a chance to see gigs! I'm going to love living in Leeds I think...

Definitely film and photography...my main loves.
one departmental society... probably politics..
debating, i want to join lippy, scribe and some others but its pretty much a money issue now.

Yeah I wanna join The English Soc, maybe the scribe and definitely debate... should be amazing :biggrin:

EDIT: Found out about the Medical Centre registration... You get given a Freepost envelope with the phyical copy of the registration pack, but if you just download the PDF then you need to stick a stamp on your envelope and send it to:

Leeds Student Medical Practice
4 Blenheim Court
Blenheim Walk
Leeds
LS2 9AE
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3788
im in Block E :smile: E4.14
Original post by mlmason
im in Block E :smile: E4.14

Block E of where I wonder. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Muffinz

EDIT: Found out about the Medical Centre registration... You get given a Freepost envelope with the phyical copy of the registration pack, but if you just download the PDF then you need to stick a stamp on your envelope and send it to:

Leeds Student Medical Practice
4 Blenheim Court
Blenheim Walk
Leeds
LS2 9AE

Oh, damn. Thanks for sharing that, anyway :smile: It was really unclear on the website! I'll give it until the middle of next week and maybe call them, just on the slight off-chance that they've received mine regardless :P And if not I'll wait until I get there.
Original post by Abnegation
Oh, damn. Thanks for sharing that, anyway :smile: It was really unclear on the website! I'll give it until the middle of next week and maybe call them, just on the slight off-chance that they've received mine regardless :P And if not I'll wait until I get there.

I told the secretary in my response that it was very confusing for people who downloaded the PDF as to where we should post it :P
Original post by Muffinz
I told the secretary in my response that it was very confusing for people who downloaded the PDF as to where we should post it :P

Bleh do you have a link to the PDF? (And is all you have to do to register with a doctor in Leeds is fill in that PDF?) Forgot about this.
Original post by Bella Occhi
Bleh do you have a link to the PDF? (And is all you have to do to register with a doctor in Leeds is fill in that PDF?) Forgot about this.

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/lsmp/register/LSMP%20Registration.PDF

Then return it in a stamped envelope to the address I posted earlier. If it's not urgent you can always do it during Fresher's week but since I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic and have a lot of repeat prescriptions I thought I'd get it done before I got there.
Can anyone give me instructions on how to pay the deposit in installments, or can we not do that anymore? Don't get it! :frown:
Original post by Muffinz
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/lsmp/register/LSMP%20Registration.PDF

Then return it in a stamped envelope to the address I posted earlier. If it's not urgent you can always do it during Fresher's week but since I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic and have a lot of repeat prescriptions I thought I'd get it done before I got there.

Thanks, I was going to rep you but I've run out :p:
Anyone going to be in Bodington, Seton House this September? :'D
Montague burtom? H3.2...... :smile:
Reply 3798
Original post by tsr-member
Most of your questions have been answered by Gemini92 but as for the social life, it really is what you make of it.
You'll probably have a committee with social secretaries to organise stuff like Christmas Balls, BBQ's, etc..
Make sure you get to know people from your whole block if you want a good social life :smile: talk to your flatmates to maybe organise a flat party in the first few days of Freshers and go knocking on everyone's flat in your block and try get loads of people to come along! Great way to meet people!

Thank you :smile:
just a small question, for the internet access do we need some sort of cable to get on since I read that its not wifi or are we given a cable?
Thanks
Reply 3799
Original post by oliviaL
Thank you :smile:
just a small question, for the internet access do we need some sort of cable to get on since I read that its not wifi or are we given a cable?
Thanks

You get given a cable in the welcome box that will be in your room when you arrive.

Latest