The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gunners r us
still have not got anything. I am with Natwest.

It should be there by now.
I'm with natwest and although they are a bit late, by 3:00am my money is normally in my account.

Wait a couple more hours and then find out what's going on
Original post by gunners r us
still have not got anything. I am with Natwest.

Mines usually goes in at 4am, phone the bank cause that isnt normal if you still havent gotten it, if the bank cant help then phone HR.
I'm with NatWest as well and my money was there when I got up this morning at about 8:00. Can't figure out why you haven't got yours. :/
I only had the induction by the cut off point. But still, should I not still recieve that induction money, or will it just come when i officially start my shifts?
Finished :frown: think i'll really miss it actually!
Reply 9485
Original post by Slapstick
Is it true that sooner or later i'll get till trained? and then maybe doing overtime? I'd really like that, or are warehouse guys just strictly warehouse only?

In my store they don't usually call for warehouse people to jump on the tills as then deliveries would get missed, but if you want to pick up overtime on checkouts you can normally arrange to get trained by talking to your Department Manager who'll direct you to the right person in your store. :smile:
Original post by jjgoth
In my store they don't usually call for warehouse people to jump on the tills as then deliveries would get missed, but if you want to pick up overtime on checkouts you can normally arrange to get trained by talking to your Department Manager who'll direct you to the right person in your store. :smile:

Thanks for the info!
Reply 9487
need some advice; firstly i start induction on monday they told me to bring me bank details, what details do i take?

secondly regarding lockers how much deposit do i take so i can have my locker on monday so i can put my belongings in there?

Also eventhough am a temp is my first payday 5th october or is it weekly?
Original post by hasm
need some advice; firstly i start induction on monday they told me to bring me bank details, what details do i take?

Your account number and your sort code. They also need your National Insurance number if you haven't given it them already.

Original post by hasm
secondly regarding lockers how much deposit do i take so i can have my locker on monday so i can put my belongings in there?

I don't remember paying a deposit for my locker key (but I could be wrong), although if you lose it they'll charge you for a replacement.

Original post by hasm
Also eventhough am a temp is my first payday 5th october or is it weekly?

Yeah, it's October 5th, I'm afraid. Everyone gets paid every four weeks on the Friday, regardless of whether they're temporary or permanent.
Reply 9489
Original post by Liam6993

Reply 9491
So I think I might be in trouble. Around June/July I got a written warning for (among other things) leaving 10minutes early (huge exaggeration btw). Tonight I was working until 8 (the time we shut at) and, because I had noone else at my till, and I seen other people doing the same, I flighted my till at exactly 8. When I had finished, another customer came up to my till and I had to send them to another till. In hindsight I probably should have served them anyway but can they do anything even though I waited until 8 to flight and didn't clock out until 3 minutes past?
Original post by Debbie2709
So I think I might be in trouble. Around June/July I got a written warning for (among other things) leaving 10minutes early (huge exaggeration btw). Tonight I was working until 8 (the time we shut at) and, because I had noone else at my till, and I seen other people doing the same, I flighted my till at exactly 8. When I had finished, another customer came up to my till and I had to send them to another till. In hindsight I probably should have served them anyway but can they do anything even though I waited until 8 to flight and didn't clock out until 3 minutes past?

I wouldn't worry about that. My store closed at 11pm but the supervisors always flighted them by around 10pm at the latest. That gave them time to deal with the flights in the cash office. :smile:
Original post by affinity89
I wouldn't worry about that. My store closed at 11pm but the supervisors always flighted them by around 10pm at the latest. That gave them time to deal with the flights in the cash office. :smile:

Hm I think your store might be a bit different to mine. We flight our own tills just before we leave/go on a break so there's never notes left in them when they're not being used (and definitely not overnight). Our supervisor usually deals with the flights in the cash office after the shop is shut too.
I probably wouldn't be so worried if it was a one off because I technically didn't close early and I did genuinely think the shop was empty because other people had closed, its more the fact I'm already on a warning for the same thing that's scaring me...
Original post by Debbie2709
Hm I think your store might be a bit different to mine. We flight our own tills just before we leave/go on a break so there's never notes left in them when they're not being used (and definitely not overnight). Our supervisor usually deals with the flights in the cash office after the shop is shut too.
I probably wouldn't be so worried if it was a one off because I technically didn't close early and I did genuinely think the shop was empty because other people had closed, its more the fact I'm already on a warning for the same thing that's scaring me...

In my store its the managers and or team leaders that do the flight at the end of the night. There is usually only ever one person still on the tils at 5 to 10 and one self scan the rest of checkouts are cleaning and putting items away. I dont think you have done anything wrong tbh, you waited until 8 and you also clocked out 3 minutes past your shift. I wouldnt worry about it.
Bastards underpaid me!
They overpaid me...by two pence. I wanna get my pay slip but I'm not in until Tuesday so I'll have to wait until then. Not that I care about them being two pence out (especially when they paid me more than they should have done :tongue:), but I usually get it spot-on when I try and work out how much I've been paid, so I'm just curious. :biggrin:
Induction in 3 days, So excited!! :biggrin: Can anyone let me know if i'll start working straight away? For example it's a weekend position so if my induction is on the 14th Wednesday, Will I start work on Saturday17th? Also, since pay day just came and went, does it mean i'll have like 3 weeks until i get paid for my Induction?

I'm pretty sure these are all questions I can find out about on the Induction but i'm so excited and this thread appears to have alot of Sainsburys Vets :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending