The Student Room Group

First day back at sixth form...A2

first day back yesterday, how's everyone feeling about their A2 courses? anybody feeling the pressure already? :eek:

What subjects do you do?
What did you get at AS?
What are you aiming for at A2?

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by JakeE10
first day back yesterday, how's everyone feeling about their A2 courses? anybody feeling the pressure already? :eek:

What subjects do you do?
What did you get at AS?

I feel the pressure a little , my biology teacher has put my target to an A* :eek: high expectations !

I now do , physics , chemistry and biology.
I got A biology, B chem, C phys, D maths

I want to get A* in biol , B in chem and C in physics :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by BekahDe
I feel the pressure a little , my biology teacher has put my target to an A* :eek: high expectations !

I now do , physics , chemistry and biology.
I got A biology, B chem, C phys, D maths

I want to get A* in biol , B in chem and C in physics :biggrin:

ahhh cool! well done on those grades! I didn't do so well (didn't revise) and regret it now because I must work extra hard this year. I got German-B, English Language-B, Economics-D (6 UMS off a C :mad: ), Maths-D

Aiming for German-A, English Language-B, Economics-C

Where are you applying to/what for?!

Reply 3
Original post by JakeE10
Where are you applying to/what for?!

Im applying for biomedical science :P probs in plymouth/southamton/reading/cardiff/oxford brooks

what about you ?

and well done with the german :biggrin: i couldnt for my life do a language
Reply 4
Well I had an awful day at college and spent lunchtime wondering around the school by myself since I've lost most of my friends over the years. And I did terribly at AS so I am considering dropping out and either getting benefits or working in McDonalds. :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by JakeE10

What subjects do you do?
What did you get at AS?

Lol, I'm already feeling the pressure of essays/ research to be done, hence the reason why I'm on TSR, doing absolutely nothing :colondollar:

I do English lit., History and Theology & Ethics, also just finishing an EPQ on Animal Behaviour :tongue:

AS grades: AAAA :smile:

A2: aiming for A*AA/AAA :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10

What subjects do you do?
What did you get at AS?

I was feeling the pressure for A2s last year... -.-

I'm doing Further Maths A2 (and possible an add further maths AS), Physics and (god help me) Chemistry. I reckon I'll get predicted AAB, but I want A*A*A/A*A*B ( already have an A* in Maths, so that's all cool ^.^')
My first day was on Monday and it was fine but there are bucket loads of year 12's so the common room is packed :sad:

This week, we just did a recap of the A2 stuff we did in July plus admin stuff like resits etc

I do Biology(A) Chemistry(B) Maths(A) and did AS Economics (B)

I'm aiming for A*AA tbh but straight A's will be enough to get me into uni
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Chemistry, Literature and Biology. I got AAB and have picked up Psychology this year, my predictions are AABa, but i'm hoping for an A in biology too :smile: I'm over the moon with my results and predictions actually! This year hasn't been too bad, although I do only have one free that isn't at the end of the day, which is a pain.
Reply 9
AAB in biology, sociology and psychology respectively. Not had my predictions yet, but as long as I can get ABB overall this year I think I'll be happy. I'm trying to remain confident so I won't put myself under so much pressure, and doing well at AS has helped :smile: I'd like to get an A* in sociology, but i don't think i can with the marks I've got, ah well!
Reply 10
Original post by BekahDe
Im applying for biomedical science :P probs in plymouth/southamton/reading/cardiff/oxford brooks

what about you ?

and well done with the german :biggrin: i couldnt for my life do a language

Cool!! :biggrin: I'm applying for German at Leeds(ABC) - MAYBE, depending on my predicted grades!!!, Manchester(ABB-BBC), Reading(BBC), Hull (260 points) and 1 other with quite low entry requirements (240/260 points) don't know yet though!!
Good luck to you! :biggrin:

and thanks, I bet you could if you put your mind to it!!
What subjects do you do? Biology, Chemistry, English Lit, Maths, Psychology, might pick up French AS
What did you get at AS? AAAAB (my teacher seems to have decided to get the B remarked :K: )
What are you aiming for at A2? Well, my prediction last year was A*AAAA, but if i somehow magically do amazingly at A2 then A*A*A*AAa

Had my first day of lessons today but didn't really do anything :lol: although i have 5 exams in January, aaaaaah :eek:
Reply 12
Original post by manic_fuzz
What subjects do you do? Biology, Chemistry, English Lit, Maths, Psychology, might pick up French AS
What did you get at AS? AAAAB (my teacher seems to have decided to get the B remarked :K: )
What are you aiming for at A2? Well, my prediction last year was A*AAAA, but if i somehow magically do amazingly at A2 then A*A*A*AAa

Had my first day of lessons today but didn't really do anything :lol: although i have 5 exams in January, aaaaaah :eek:

wow, amazing grades well done!! :biggrin:
ahhhhh 5! you best get revising now! :wink: lol.
I've got 3! Good luck.
Reply 13
Original post by JakeE10
Cool!! :biggrin: I'm applying for German at Leeds(ABC) - MAYBE, depending on my predicted grades!!!, Manchester(ABB-BBC), Reading(BBC), Hull (260 points) and 1 other with quite low entry requirements (240/260 points) don't know yet though!!
Good luck to you! :biggrin:

and thanks, I bet you could if you put your mind to it!!

And good luck to you :wink:
and im sure youll make the grades , especially if you didnt revise last year and did well, i revised super hard last year so my grades will probs stay the same if im lucky :s-smilie:
and you underestimate my language skills haha:colondollar:
Reply 14
Original post by BekahDe
And good luck to you :wink:
and im sure youll make the grades , especially if you didnt revise last year and did well, i revised super hard last year so my grades will probs stay the same if im lucky :s-smilie:
and you underestimate my language skills haha:colondollar:

Haha :smile: I hope so! good luck to you too!! :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10
wow, amazing grades well done!! :biggrin:
ahhhhh 5! you best get revising now! :wink: lol.
I've got 3! Good luck.

:smile: Thankyou! And erggh i'm just going to ignore that they're happening until December :frown:

And oooh, good luck on yours too! :biggrin: ooh, du kannst Deutsch sprechen? ... VIEL GLUECK! :biggrin:
Reply 16
:smile: Thankyou! And erggh i'm just going to ignore that they're happening until December :frown:

And oooh, good luck on yours too! :biggrin: ooh, du kannst Deutsch sprechen? ... VIEL GLUECK! :biggrin:

Vielen dank! :biggrin:

jaa ich kann deutsch! du kannst auch? :wink:
Original post by JakeE10
Vielen dank! :biggrin:

jaa ich kann deutsch! du kannst auch? :wink:

Ich kann Franzoesisch sprechen, aber mein Deutsch ist scheisse

Sorry if you don't understand that, i've never really learnt german :colondollar:
Reply 18
Ich kann Franzoesisch sprechen, aber mein Deutsch ist scheisse

Sorry if you don't understand that, i've never really learnt german :colondollar:

dein deutsch ist gut :wink: besser als du denkst! wo hast du gelernt? in der Schule?

Neinn ich habe verstanden!! :wink:
Original post by JakeE10
dein deutsch ist gut :wink: besser als du denkst! wo hast du gelernt? in der Schule?

Neinn ich habe verstanden!! :wink:

Okay, i'm just going to kind'f guess what everything there means :tongue:

no no, it really isn't good ahah, and naah i haven't learnt any languages at school since Year 9 and that was Spanish, our language teachers are atrocious and soul-destroying :mmm: i just teach myself

And yay :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest