The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mushi_master
And since when did you get alerts for bath medical school stuff? Way to ruin the fun, not like we have loads of in jokes around here.

That's Bath for you- they've got influence everywhere and they are very protective of their privacy.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
That's Bath for you- they've got influence everywhere and they are very protective of their privacy.

I now feel so privileged they even noticed me! I'm a lucky guy.
I now feel so privileged they even noticed me! I'm a lucky guy.

You're a rebel without a cause! I've never had a warning. :frown:
You're a rebel without a cause! I've never had a warning. :frown:

I had one before for putting a link on here to an embarrassing bodies anatomy game. Supposedly that was linking to nudity.
(edited 12 years ago)
Do you reckon I could make some quick cash by knocking up a Bath med website and charging £25 per prospectus?
Do you reckon I could make some quick cash by knocking up a Bath med website and charging £25 per prospectus?

Do it! You'll be a millionaire.
Do it! You'll be a millionaire.

When people complain that they didn't receive it, I'll tell them that they've unfortunately failed at the first hurdle.
When people complain that they didn't receive it, I'll tell them that they've unfortunately failed at the first hurdle.

Such a plan! Bath will be proud of you.
Original post by crazylemon
I got some from very exasperated mods last year. Although at the time It was the peak of the Bath thing and had been spreading it as far as possible.

Meh I still don't see the problem, its good to have an in joke for us regulars so we don't tire of the huge numbers of newbie questions so fast.
Such a plan! Bath will be proud of you.

Well, last I heard, getting away with committing massive fraud was a fairly key minimum requirement.

I've just realised my old anatomy demonstrator will be in your year, wonder if you know her...

PM me the name :colone:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Even ignoring the GEP issue, I heard Barts were now ranking applicants by predicted grades? Seems a wasted choice now unless you can persuade your teachers to predict A*A*A*... :dontknow:

They are. It's an absolute joke. They're doing it because they're so obsessed with pushing themselves up the league tables even though nobody really gives a **** about them apart from moron, morons which frankly I don't want to meet in medical school.

I am with you on that. glad mine isn't like that. Yet.

We are just having less and less people involved in ICSM. But then as a traitor myself I can't complain.

Like going to Imperial events over ICSM? Mreh, that's not that bad. At least then if it shuts down its because the majority of people don't want it, unlike QM who are trying their hardest to shut down the union by force.

Well, last I heard, getting away with committing massive fraud was a fairly key minimum requirement.

The amount of people I get quoting me in threads asking me about Bath/PMs/etc is insane. I love my sig <3, it lets me troll without even trying.
Reply 5472
Original post by digitalis
USMLE Step 1: done

Congrats digi mon! How did it go - have a nice break after the 7 hours?

I'm currently trawling through First Aid, been putting off the date for a year and a half now... any golden nuggets?
Reply 5473
But I hear complaints from other medics that more and more people are not going to bops and other even'ts.

people don't go because the fun and frivolous has been replaced by the glum and serious (w/ overbearing pseudo-homosexual vibes) and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy - for example hastings used to be beer and jeer, now it's like question time :C

meh, that's imperial for you. I knew what I signed up for, and tbh I quite enjoy, never been one for drinking till I puke into the communal orange bucket
(edited 12 years ago)
If they go to imperial stuff I don't notice it. I do because I am involved in the dance soc at imperial rather than the ICSM one (they do totally different things so actually not that strange). But I hear complaints from other medics that more and more people are not going to bops and other even'ts. The sports teams do fine I think, though the did get a hit from having pitchers banned.

What are they doing to shut it down? I mean there is always talk about our bar being closed (tbh it makes a loss so I can see where they are coming from)

They were trying to get our union closed down and ship us down the road to QM. They always try little niggles to force us to do stuff the QM way it's stupid.

What's bops? And lolwut? Pitchers were banned? That sucks.
Original post by buzzcat
Congrats digi mon! How did it go - have a nice break after the 7 hours?

I'm currently trawling through First Aid, been putting off the date for a year and a half now... any golden nuggets?

You need to annotate first aid with:
Brs physiology
Brs path
Clinical microbiology made ridiculously simple
Lippincotts biochemistry
Hy molecular biology.

Do two readthroughs of fa.
Do USMLE world in random, timed full blocks.
Annotate each explanation into FA
Read FA again.

That's what I did. Have a healthy fear of this exam. It is no joke and will piss all over you, regardless of how well you do in med school.
[QUOTE=RollerBall;33946272 At least then if it shuts down its because the majority of people don't want it, unlike QM who are trying their hardest to shut down the union by force.

Let's be honest, the union is a ****hole, it is barely ever open and only a solid clique of around 70 people I would say go to it on a reg basis. It was hardly open last year. Tbh, I am surprised QM were even bankrolling its renovation! Hats off to them.
Reply 5477
just saw simon from the inbetweeners on his todd at the bar in the camden head :wtf: have thought i'd seen a couple of celebs before, but it's always weird actually finding out in retrospect that it's official!

also in other news, just getting used to the OHCM - louis, i think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship... :smug:
Original post by digitalis
Let's be honest, the union is a ****hole, it is barely ever open and only a solid clique of around 70 people I would say go to it on a reg basis. It was hardly open last year. Tbh, I am surprised QM were even bankrolling its renovation! Hats off to them.

The recently graduated doctors from BL I know/finalists from last year, say that the union was much better to hang out in the past. I obviously only have two years worth of experience to compare, but last year certainly wasn't as enjoyable as first year IMO. First year was crazy fun, but it probably was because we were a massive year so the union always felt relatively packed. I reckon things will be better this year though with a normal sized intake coming in... :holmes:

Please do this.

Latest

Trending

Trending