The Student Room Group

2012 - veterinary re-applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gernumblies
Not even thinking about BMAT until I get my personal statement out of the way. Progress is pretty slow at the moment. :frown:

Not that I thought about the BMAT until the day before last year, either, but never mind.

i had a go at some BMAT questions today - unfortunately most of the answers that i came up with weren't options... :redface:
Original post by schizopear
i had a go at some BMAT questions today - unfortunately most of the answers that i came up with weren't options... :redface:

Can't give you any more +ve feedback at the mo but that's hilarious! I literally thought I'd FAILED my BMAT last year - thought after the exam that I'd done ok in section 2 and terribly in section 1 but actually did really well in sec 1 and not good in sec 2 haha!

With regards to the essay though people a word of advice...they are lookng for quite a specific method of response. There's 3 parts to the q and you need to answer each part. Its the one section that i would really advise reading a BMAT specific book for - think one of them is on google books. Part one use any problem solving/aptitude book and part 2 revise ALL of a higher or iGCSE syllabus to get the scientific knowledge part :smile:

hahaa, thats the problem I encountered on both attempts of it :biggrin:

hi guys - nice to see it getting busier in here again - it will be like 2011 all over again just without young people :tongue:

I've just started looking at BMAT stuff now, I didnt do it last year so at a bit of a disadvantage i expect to you lot...

Although thats not my main concern, as now my horses leg is getting better, he appears to have developed narcolepsy (my vet said i should feel priveledged as i'll probably be the only one at vet schoool who will ever see it, let alone see it before uni!) as 'true' narcolepsy is very rare in horses. He's coming out tomorrow to run some neuro tests and take bloods to run in case of infection, but the prognosis is grim :frown:
Reply 204
yeee i just did a mock exam in my practice book, i got about 11 out of 28 and didn't even do the physics ones lol!!

louise that's such a shame :frown: how bad does he have it??
Sorry to hear that Lou, poor Murph :frown: he's obviously a tough cookie though having pulled through the leg thing so fingers crossed for him this time too

If anyone wants BMAT books I have http://www.amazon.co.uk/Preparing-BMAT-Official-Biomedical-Admissions/dp/043504687X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315338380&sr=1-2 and http://www.amazon.co.uk/BMAT-UKCAT-Uncovered-Medical-Entrance/dp/1405169184/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315338380&sr=1-9 that I need to sell, PM me but going away for a week so be patient!
Original post by Lucy_x
louise that's such a shame :frown: how bad does he have it??

Original post by stef_vet?
Sorry to hear that Lou, poor Murph :frown: he's obviously a tough cookie though having pulled through the leg thing so fingers crossed for him this time too

quite bad lucy :frown: he had his first attack on sunday, but we put it down to him being sedated, then he had another on thursday, one yesterday, and 3 today :frown:

thanks stef x
Can't give you any more +ve feedback at the mo but that's hilarious! I literally thought I'd FAILED my BMAT last year - thought after the exam that I'd done ok in section 2 and terribly in section 1 but actually did really well in sec 1 and not good in sec 2 haha!

With regards to the essay though people a word of advice...they are lookng for quite a specific method of response. There's 3 parts to the q and you need to answer each part. Its the one section that i would really advise reading a BMAT specific book for - think one of them is on google books. Part one use any problem solving/aptitude book and part 2 revise ALL of a higher or iGCSE syllabus to get the scientific knowledge part :smile:

well i'm glad that my pain amuses you! :rolleyes:
Reply 208
Original post by ILurfSmurf
quite bad lucy :frown: he had his first attack on sunday, but we put it down to him being sedated, then he had another on thursday, one yesterday, and 3 today :frown:

thanks stef x

ahhh no :frown: i hope it turns out alright somehow, bless the little fighter!

Just make an educated guess. :tongue:
Original post by PurpleTinkerbell08
Hello everyone, how are we all?
Quick worry (again :s-smilie:) just out of interest to all the reapplicants, how much work experience have you been doing? I started volunteering at a wildlife place in may, and have done a day in hospital labs, 2 weeks in 2 different small animal vets and 2 days in a chimp sanctuary in spain. Now im really worried that this just isn't enough considering I am no longer at school and am reapplying, I know I have all of next year aswell but the schools prefer it if you have your work experience done before you apply. Am just finding it really difficult to get anything :frown:

that will be fine, aslong as you've learned things from it thats better than doing absolute mountains and not learning anything.
Also your grades and work experience and personal statement only get people interviews, its down to your personality to get in, so you'll be fine! :smile:
Reply 211
Trying to change previous personal statement is proving an issue, will be so glad when this is done with!
Original post by scar-man
Trying to change previous personal statement is proving an issue, will be so glad when this is done with!

I know, it's horrible. :frown:

If anyone wants BMAT books I have http://www.amazon.co.uk/Preparing-BMAT-Official-Biomedical-Admissions/dp/043504687X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315338380&sr=1-2 and http://www.amazon.co.uk/BMAT-UKCAT-Uncovered-Medical-Entrance/dp/1405169184/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315338380&sr=1-9 that I need to sell, PM me but going away for a week so be patient!

I also have a few BMAT books for sale if anyone is interested :smile: i will put the links up to the books i have tomorrow
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 214
my personal statement's quite close to being done woohoo. it's a bit disheartening when you ask like a family member to read it over and they're like 'nahh this bit sounds stupid to me' and i'm like nooo that's my best bit!!!
Reply 215
Original post by Lucy_x
my personal statement's quite close to being done woohoo. it's a bit disheartening when you ask like a family member to read it over and they're like 'nahh this bit sounds stupid to me' and i'm like nooo that's my best bit!!!

My dad has quite a bad habit of doing this. :rolleyes:
Original post by Evaxxxx1234
that will be fine, aslong as you've learned things from it thats better than doing absolute mountains and not learning anything.
Also your grades and work experience and personal statement only get people interviews, its down to your personality to get in, so you'll be fine! :smile:

aw thank you :smile:
Reply 217
Original post by Marley13
My dad has quite a bad habit of doing this. :rolleyes:

haha yes it always seems to be my dad too. ah i shouldn't complain though because at least it's getting an outsiders view :smile:
Reply 218
ahhh scary stuff! ucas sent to my tutor now for a reference, managed to get my PS done yesterday and then I have the agonizing wait for information...again! :frown:
Reply 219
you're very organised! :smile: i still need to get my school to send my old reference to my retake college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending