The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by konqur
Does anyone know of Medical Schools that looks at AS grades? Apart from Cambridge :smile:

I know Birmingham does but not sure about other medical schools :smile:
Original post by Normandy114
My school's internal deadline is Friday, so stressed atm :eek:

Mine's similar but they ask for the PS by that day and reference from teachers. What I don't understand is, the application deadline is around a week after or so. But after personal statement and choices, what more is there to complete?
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
Mine's similar but they ask for the PS by that day and reference from teachers. What I don't understand is, the application deadline is around a week after or so. But after personal statement and choices, what more is there to complete?

Not a lot, it's only really personal statement, references and choices they need, as well as all the information you fill out on UCAS like qualifications and contact details etc.
Do you have a source for this? I know they don't like retakes but I was unaware that it was the same for modular exams.

They do state that they would like applicants to have sat all exams within may/june. That being said, I can't see someone being rejected who didn't sit all their exams in june/or is retaking, but someone who has done well first time and sat exams in June will definitely have a good advantage.
My school's internal deadline is Friday, so stressed atm :eek:

Yeah mine is a week this Friday :tongue:

Once we've sent them... the only thing we need to stress about is... A levels, rejections and interviews. :colonhash: Yay.
Original post by Ariadne xox
Yeah mine is a week this Friday :tongue:

Once we've sent them... the only thing we need to stress about is... A levels, rejections and interviews. :colonhash: Yay.

Only A levels, rejections and interviews.
You make them sound so easy.

But yeah I'm looking forwards to just forgetting about it, as it's no longer in my hands. BUT until then it's a case of 'oh f*** everything needs improving!'.
Only A levels, rejections and interviews.
You make them sound so easy.

But yeah I'm looking forwards to just forgetting about it, as it's no longer in my hands. BUT until then it's a case of 'oh f*** everything needs improving!'.

Aha well I'm obviously good at hiding my stress. :emo:
This year is going to be hell for me! :p:

Yeah. I don't think I've cared about anything this much in my life. I'm sure my teachers hate me now after all the questions I've asked. :colondollar:
Aha well I'm obviously good at hiding my stress. :emo:
This year is going to be hell for me! :p:

Yeah. I don't think I've cared about anything this much in my life. I'm sure my teachers hate me now after all the questions I've asked. :colondollar:

Know how you feel, got to see my references though and they're really positive, which is always a good thing.
Know where you'll be applying?
Know how you feel, got to see my references though and they're really positive, which is always a good thing.
Know where you'll be applying?

Aha we're not allowed to see them apparently, but I've been assured mine are positive too... although I doubt teachers actually write bad things about students. :tongue:

Well I did my UKCAT today so I know I'm definitely applying to Newcastle and Sheffield. :biggrin: Still deciding about the others though!

You?
Aha we're not allowed to see them apparently, but I've been assured mine are positive too... although I doubt teachers actually write bad things about students. :tongue:

Well I did my UKCAT today so I know I'm definitely applying to Newcastle and Sheffield. :biggrin: Still deciding about the others though!

You?

Manchester, Newcastle, Barts and Keele I expect, spent the past couple weeks making sure they were good choices. How'd your UKCAT go then, I'm assuming good as you're applying to Sheffield.
Manchester, Newcastle, Barts and Keele I expect, spent the past couple weeks making sure they were good choices. How'd your UKCAT go then, I'm assuming good as you're applying to Sheffield.

Aha I'm considering Barts also! :h:

It went well :teeth: Have you done yours?
Aha I'm considering Barts also! :h:

It went well :teeth: Have you done yours?

Yes did it a few weeks ago now, got 707.5 average :colone:. Only got 560 in VR though which dragged it all down, but oh well, still very happy with it.

I really like the look of Barts, but then again I really like the look of all the ones I'm applying for! If by some miracle I get multiple offers, no idea how I'll choose.
Yes did it a few weeks ago now, got 707.5 average :colone:. Only got 560 in VR though which dragged it all down, but oh well, still very happy with it.

I really like the look of Barts, but then again I really like the look of all the ones I'm applying for! If by some miracle I get multiple offers, no idea how I'll choose.

Ah well done! :h: that's a very good score :smile:

Aha yeah! I practically liked ALL the universities I visited on open day... :emo:. I'm so bad at choosing!
Reply 7073
Does anyone know what Bristol think about AS module re-sits?
Reply 7074
Does anyone know what Aberdeen and Southampton are really interested in an application or is it just a mixture of everything? I've heard Southampton use the personal statement quite a bit?
Hey guys, I need help on deciding my last choice for medical school. So far, I'm applying to: Oxford, Imperial and Barts.
GCSE's: 6A*'s, 10A's, 2B's.
AS Levels: AAAAA in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, RS and Further Maths
A Level: A* in Maths.
Predictions:A*A*A*A in Chemistry, Biology, Further Maths and Physics.

2 weeks in total at GP's and 1 week at the Royal London Hospital. EC's are kinda bad :colondollar: But I was in young enterprise. lol
Original post by JChoudhry
Hey guys, I need help on deciding my last choice for medical school. So far, I'm applying to: Oxford, Imperial and Barts.
GCSE's: 6A*'s, 10A's, 2B's.
AS Levels: AAAAA in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, RS and Further Maths
A Level: A* in Maths.
Predictions:A*A*A*A in Chemistry, Biology, Further Maths and Physics.

2 weeks in total at GP's and 1 week at the Royal London Hospital. EC's are kinda bad :colondollar: But I was in young enterprise. lol

UKCAT score?
UKCAT score?

Doing it on the 30th. But let's assume I get 660 because that's what all of my friends are getting around :p:
Reply 7078
Original post by JChoudhry
Doing it on the 30th. But let's assume I get 660 because that's what all of my friends are getting around :p:

I did the UKCAT nearly 2 weeks ago and I'm still none the wiser about my fourth choice :frown:
Original post by cz100
I did the UKCAT nearly 2 weeks ago and I'm still none the wiser about my fourth choice :frown:

I only chose to apply to Oxford because I couldn't choose after Imperial and Barts :laugh: What did you get? (btw, I hate you Ravenclaw. super jealous :colone: )
Oh, where are you applying?

Latest

Trending

Trending