The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7080
Original post by JChoudhry
I only chose to apply to Oxford because I couldn't choose after Imperial and Barts :laugh: What did you get? (btw, I hate you Ravenclaw. super jealous :colone: )
Oh, where are you applying?

Got 762.5, it really isn't as bad as the practices although VR was annoying. I've got Cambridge, Birmingham and Queen's on my list, don't know what else.
I actually got a choice of Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff at the end, but I always wanted Ravenclaw.
Original post by cz100
Got 762.5, it really isn't as bad as the practices although VR was annoying. I've got Cambridge, Birmingham and Queen's on my list, don't know what else.
I actually got a choice of Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff at the end, but I always wanted Ravenclaw.

That's an AMAZING score! lol Beats everyone at my school from last year! lol How about one that places A LOT of emphasis on the UKCAT? I still haven't gotten in to pottermore yet :sad:
Reply 7082
Original post by JChoudhry
That's an AMAZING score! lol Beats everyone at my school from last year! lol How about one that places A LOT of emphasis on the UKCAT? I still haven't gotten in to pottermore yet :sad:

That's what I'm looking for, somewhere that has UKCAT as part of selection criteria even after interview. Currently looking at St Andrews but not sure since they say they give higher academic scoring to people who have already achieved grades compared to those with predicted grades.
I have a few friends who are waiting as well, it gets a bit boring after a while because you can't read past the Philosopher's Stone in the Pottermore Beta.
Original post by cz100

did you finish everything within the time given?
Original post by cz100

I despise you... :frown:
Reply 7085
Original post by ratrabbit
did you finish everything within the time given?

I guessed some QR because I made some mistakes in calculations and just went for the answer that was closest, but I did have time to attempt them all.
Original post by Limesasquatch
I despise you... :frown:

:frown:
Original post by cz100

:frown:

Oh dear, I'm sorry! :frown:
Reply 7087
Anyone applying to Aberdeen? :biggrin:
Reply 7088
Dundee or Newcastle?

Can't decide on my last choice. :confused:
Reply 7089
Original post by tbag1
Dundee or Newcastle?

Sheffield :badger:
Reply 7090
Original post by Vulpes
Sheffield :badger:

I only managed a 710 UKCAT. Would hate to miss the cut-off and have a choice wasted :eek:
Reply 7091
Original post by tbag1
I only managed a 710 UKCAT. Would hate to miss the cut-off and have a choice wasted :eek:

They're lowering the cutoff and inviting more applicants for interview this year :biggrin:
Reply 7092
Original post by Vulpes
They're lowering the cutoff and inviting more applicants for interview this year :biggrin:

Interesting!

I'm still not that bothered by Sheffield, if I'm honest :colondollar: sozzle :tongue:
Reply 7093
Original post by tbag1
Dundee or Newcastle?

:colone:
Reply 7094
Does anyone know which Uni's give out the highest number of interveiws per applicants!?
Reply 7095
Original post by Beska

Don't listen to that guy! Very Biased. :mad:

Why not go for a middle ground: Sheffield = :woo: (Highlight in-between text)
Reply 7096
Original post by Beska

Right I'm picking Dundee. The deciding factor was simply the fact that Dundee had a few videos on youtube telling me about the Med school etc.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7097
Original post by maemg
Does anyone know which Uni's give out the highest number of interveiws per applicants!?

SGUL interview close to 100%. :smile:
Reply 7098
Original post by Beska
SGUL interview close to 100%. :smile:

Thanks i'll take a look at them, do you have any idea what aberdeen are like?:biggrin:
my personal statement is pants :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending