Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official Rosebery thread thing 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by xTazx
so.much.clubbinghollie = liver poisoning :biggrin:

lolol just went on your profile and realised who you are! i thought you were very "in the know" for a fresher! you at rose next year again then, or just being a helpful former roseberian? x
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Hollie -
lolol just went on your profile and realised who you are! i thought you were very "in the know" for a fresher! you at rose next year again then, or just being a helpful former roseberian? x

hahah, someone's got to look after the new kids, I wish I had someone helping me first year :biggrin:

Not at rose next year, although I'll probably be attending more rosebery parties since we had the best ones
Hey.

I have a SINGLE in HIGH HOLBORN and I want a SINGLE at Roseberry/Bankside.

pm me if interested :smile:
Reply 143
Hey, i dont know if this was already answered,
but is bedding included in the rooms? Like bedspreads/duvets/sheets?
Reply 144
Original post by aagron
Hey, i dont know if this was already answered,
but is bedding included in the rooms? Like bedspreads/duvets/sheets?

Hey, this may be of help: https://www.facebook.com/notes/-lse-rosebery-hall-2011-2012-/things-to-bring-to-rosebery-and-other-tips/229286033786569

Feel free to ask more questions.
Reply 145
Thanks for that! And I have another question. I'm living in the Myddelton wing, could you tell me how much closet space there is/ is there room for hangers and stuff, and is there enough room to store suit cases underneath the bed?
Reply 146
Original post by aagron
Thanks for that! And I have another question. I'm living in the Myddelton wing, could you tell me how much closet space there is/ is there room for hangers and stuff, and is there enough room to store suit cases underneath the bed?

Sorry - I don't know much about the Myd Wing (and everyone else on the committee is also from the Rose Wing). I'm pretty sure there will be room for suitcases as everyone comes with them. Rosebery also has a storage room, so don't worry about empty suitcases. I've never known closet space to be an issue either, so I wouldn't worry. There will definitely be space to hang things up. Sorry I can't be of more help. :smile:
Reply 147
So I hate to be the neurotic kid asking loads of questions but I was just wondering how freshers at LSE works...
Do people mainly just stick to their own hall's freshers plan? Or do people tend to go to events like **** me! It's freshers (although I notice there's nothing on the hall schedule for the 1st)??
Reply 148
ops
Reply 149
Original post by evans.d
So I hate to be the neurotic kid asking loads of questions but I was just wondering how freshers at LSE works...
Do people mainly just stick to their own hall's freshers plan? Or do people tend to go to events like **** me! It's freshers (although I notice there's nothing on the hall schedule for the 1st)??

Hey, just ask loads of questions - I don't mind at all!

Good Q. There will kind of be three things going on. Everyone will have their hall events (some halls are rubbish for this though), sometimes there will be LSE events and then there will be general London freshers stuff. In general, Roseberians tend to stick to the Rosebery calendar during the first week of freshers so that they can get to know everyone in their hall. The Rosebery spirit is normally good and so noone really wants to go off and do their own thing (at least at the very beginning).

Not sure why there isn't a club night allocated to the 1st (perhaps cos of AU trials the next morning), but I wouldn't be surprised if a facebook message gets sent round gathering the troops last minute. (Make sure you join the facebook group if you haven't already. A lot of freshers plans get organised last minute dependent on the mood/weather). Another reason may be that by then people will want to start forming their own plans.

**** me tends to come up quite often throughout the year.. like xmas, valentines, halloween, end of exams.. but I'll forward the suggestion onto Rafie (the person who put together the schedule). Let me know if there are any other nights you're wanting to go to.
Reply 150
Original post by evans.d

Message from Rafie:

Saturday 1st?

Can you link me to this?

There is a F*CK me event but I don't think it's on the 1st. I took it out of the original plan because it's likely the event will be cancelled. It's hard to tell.

Thanks for the info. If you can think of any good nights on the Tues & Thurs that'd be helpful too. There are options on the table but the more the better... x
Reply 151
Do post-grads usually go to these events? or are there separate events geared to post-grads/ those who live in the myddelton wing?
Reply 152
Can anyone confirm whether we need to bring pillows/duvets/bedding/towels or not? I've seen a couple of different links, one says we have to bring all those things but another says we're provided with it all :s-smilie:
Reply 153
Original post by seans443
Can anyone confirm whether we need to bring pillows/duvets/bedding/towels or not? I've seen a couple of different links, one says we have to bring all those things but another says we're provided with it all :s-smilie:

Take them all. Some things are provided, but I think it would be better to take your own in case you think what is provided isn't sufficient enough, llol.
Reply 154
Original post by defuzion
Take them all. Some things are provided, but I think it would be better to take your own in case you think what is provided isn't sufficient enough, llol.

Thanks, I suppose it's probably better to bring them just to be on the safe side!
Reply 155
Original post by aagron
Do post-grads usually go to these events? or are there separate events geared to post-grads/ those who live in the myddelton wing?

There are separate PG events (for instance: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=255716954450405&ref=notif&notif_t=event_invite), however PGs are welcome to all freshers events. Usually only a few go to the main club nights stuff though. Over the past few years, there has always been a divide between PG/UG and Myd/Rose for some reason.
Reply 156
Original post by defuzion

What comes with your room:

Two pillows
A regular duvet
A pretty crap bed sheet
Table lamp
Chair & cupboards
Internal phone
Face mirror

For more info see: https://www.facebook.com/notes/-lse-rosebery-hall-2011-2012-/things-to-bring-to-rosebery-and-other-tips/229286033786569

Tbh I take my own bedding anyway but that's just my personal preference :smile:
Reply 157

Check out my post above for more details, but you are provided with pillows and duvets. You are not provided with towels. Hope that helps! (Could you also give me the links to anywhere that says differently so we can avoid confusion for others? Thanks)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 158
Original post by Hollie -
Check out my post above for more details, but you are provided with pillows and duvets. You are not provided with towels. Hope that helps! (Could you also give me the links to anywhere that says differently so we can avoid confusion for others? Thanks)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/135799856492098/
Under "the basics" it mentions needing a quilt/pillows, so that's what was confusing me a bit because your earlier post said we were provided with those. Thanks for clearing it up for me though :smile:
Reply 159
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/135799856492098/
Under "the basics" it mentions needing a quilt/pillows, so that's what was confusing me a bit because your earlier post said we were provided with those. Thanks for clearing it up for me though :smile:

Oh dear, a rogue group. Thanks so much for linking us to it! (Watch out for stuff like this btw. We've already had to get others like this taken down this year. They will try and sell you tickets to events.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending