The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eragon.
Am I the only one that keeps getting massive lectures from my parents about what I need to do this year?

Nope, I do too :biggrin: It's particularly annoying when they say "you need to get a job" and I've already applied to loads and nothings come of them so far, except one job interview so that better come through or my gap year section is screwed as I have literally nothing :l
Original post by atomos
lucky?
that's not the word i'd choose to describe having to go through the torture of ucas/ukcat/interviews all over again D:

lol im a reapplicant too, im just sayin my school are forcing me to hand everything in ridiculously early, im super rushed for time
Hi everyooneee! A fellow reapplicant here, how exciting :biggrin:
Your app's can be sent to UCAS from thursday.
They can be sent to your school earlier.

what is it with UCAS and loving thursdays?
Seriously, results day, clearing closing, admissions opens.
Original post by laurenl93
OR IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE SECRETLY A 47 YEAR OLD TURKISH MAN ?!
:eyeball:

:fatcontroller: You got me.
Reply 3545
Original post by joemullally

Joeeee, you know your genetics course at Sheffield? Is there an oppurtunity to transfer to medicine?
Original post by twelve
Joeeee, you know your genetics course at Sheffield? Is there an oppurtunity to transfer to medicine?

I have no idea! lol.
I don't think there is, but i'd be interested enough on following it through anyway.
Original post by baztech
:fatcontroller: You got me.

I am sure we were in the same interview group at St Andrews last year and you didn't look that old :P

Although, now I am not sure if it was you or not!
what are all your 5th choices guys?

anyone going for pharmacy?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by areyousure?
I am sure we were in the same interview group at St Andrews last year and you didn't look that old :P

Although, now I am not sure if it was you or not!

Haha yes I think we were from discussions on here earlier in the year. Hows your app going?
Original post by bertstare
what are all your 5th choices guys?

anyone going for pharmacy?

I'm thinking biological sciences at Leicester
Original post by tkoki1993
I'm thinking biological sciences at Leicester

i wish more people were doing pharmacy lol, i literally have no clue which uni to apply! bath was the only one which came to mind
Reply 3552

We can start sending our UCAS off this Thursday? :eek:
Reply 3553
I have no idea! lol.
I don't think there is, but i'd be interested enough on following it through anyway.

Thats a shame - I'm assuming it would be similiar for the biochemistry and molecular biology course they do. That looks really good, but since I'd never be able to afford graduate medicine, I want to choose something I can transfer to.

There's a cellular and molecular medicine course at Bristol that my friend is doing that sounds really good - and apparently after second year, there's an oppurtunity to transfer into first year graduate medicine. Thats what she's hoping for anyway!
Original post by baztech
Haha yes I think we were from discussions on here earlier in the year. Hows your app going?

Its going okay, UKCAT in a few backs so I should get preparing!!
How about you?
Does anyone know if Uni of Leicester consider applications for medicine from first year science degree students??? You might have gathered I'm a reapplicant... =(
I HATE MY SCHOOL.

I really wanted to do the extended project this year, i put it on my application this year, and withdrew when i didm't get any offers. So now my application is possibly worse than last years. SO annoyed. Does anyone know if i can do the extended project without a centre? or some kind of AS qualification?
Reply 3557
Original post by areyousure?
What happened with the facebook group?

same thing happened to me, but then a feedback letter from St Andrews did say my PS was very good so maybe we are just exaggerating! I have made some changes and its done!!

Now I just have to practice for the UKCAT!

Do you reckon it's too late to write a letter to st andrew's asking for feedback? I was going to ages ago but then I was in hospital for a while and kind of forgot about it :P
Reply 3558

I'm guessing that we would just check the box in UCAS that says "I applied last year and know my personal ID number"? What would happen if you made a totally new one?
I was invited for a Numeracy and Literacy Test for a HCA post on Friday, but I live abroad and its only a 4 day notice so I won't be able to attend... gutted

Original post by KCosmo
Do you reckon it's too late to write a letter to st andrew's asking for feedback? I was going to ages ago but then I was in hospital for a while and kind of forgot about it :P

Well it's never too late! I think you should go for it, if they don't give it then you have not lost anything.
Last year we were told that it was by handwritten letter only, but I emailed them asking for feedback and they sent me a letter by post.

Have a try calling or emailing. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest