Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 501
Original post by Annie72
Am following your blog via Facebook :biggrin:

Nice one :smile:

ETA: I signed too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.....

Quite different this time round....namely got no chance to escape unlike the first time round when I was based overseas. :tongue:

Feel rather groggy all day long, could hardly sleep at night. Little fella wakes up like a Swiss clockwork every 2 hours and it takes me 2 hours to fall asleep.

School for DD starts on the 8th, still not bought her uniforms :tongue: will do it on Monday :biggrin:

Original post by h82think

This is not my month, but to be honest I would have been pretty damn lucky to fall pregnant the first month of trying.

Just take it easy and don't stress yourself over on this.

Original post by balloon_parade

I win the award for the worst mother award, I'm missing Bella's first day at school (Monday) because I'll be at my first day at uni, gutted :frown: :frown:

You're not :smile:

Neither of my parents were ever there for my first days at school.... LOL, they had the maid or nanny take me to school as they were too busy due to work related reasons. I never really thought about it as amiss really.

As for feeling bad about it, we all have to do things we have to do, sometimes I wish I didn't have my job so I could spend more time with my family but the reality of it is I do need the job so it means I have to make some of the sacrifices that the job calls for.
Reply 504
Looks great PMP : )

Treasure the moments when they are still happy to go =P
My sister just shared a link with me: a full 3 years after my high school told me I was a complete idiot for trying to apply to Oxford and vouching that they would never ever help me with that ridiculous process (I am not exaggerating)... they now advertise a special meeting for students who want to apply to Oxford. What the hell is wrong with some people.

Edit: http://nos.nl/artikel/270593-tiet-zat-kleuter-aan-de-borst.html [google translate]
(edited 12 years ago)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by noodles!
Hi all :smile: Just a quick question- do you think this would be a good present for a 1st birthday?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-Spin-Sing-Alphabet-Ball/dp/B000NRX5XE/ref=sr_1_3?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1315427925&sr=1-3

Other suggestions would also be appreciated (looking to spend less than £15)

Hope all mums/dads/babies/bumps are well :smile:

yeh that looks like a good present :smile:
First day of school today for DD, I didn't take her as my parents wanted to do so, maybe they want to make up for the time they didn't send me for 1st days at school LOL.

DS is doing fine as is DW.

Original post by Zenobia
Looks great PMP : )

Treasure the moments when they are still happy to go =P
My sister just shared a link with me: a full 3 years after my high school told me I was a complete idiot for trying to apply to Oxford and vouching that they would never ever help me with that ridiculous process (I am not exaggerating)... they now advertise a special meeting for students who want to apply to Oxford. What the hell is wrong with some people.

Edit: http://nos.nl/artikel/270593-tiet-zat-kleuter-aan-de-borst.html [google translate]

What is wrong with that woman in the article? Am surprised social services hasn't come after her and to think she would go public on such things..... guess Britain isn't the only place with messed up people after all.
Does anyone know how HRH is?
Original post by **CutiePie**

I do - she loves about 10 mins away from me. Everything is going well for her :smile:

aww thanks hun. Im good the baby is doing really really well. Bump is 13 weeks old Sunday. Had my scan with a date of 18 March 2012 but as I will have an elective section baba will be airlifted out around 11th March. Other then that all is going well. I read what you are all writing but I always forget to post these days! Only thing im finding tricky is ive got Low BP which is making me sick and faint. Difficult to deal with at work, but I am getting there and Ill be leaving come January.
My Ella is coming on no end and no hate ITNG and her new word is "watch peppa pig mummy!", still its not as bad and shorter! Hows everyone else doing?
Katherine-text me your number-I think i dont have right one.
Cutie Pie and anyone else on P and P, add me on FB. im on PMPs list-Louise Sayer (UEA) x ooo tell me ur username if not ill more then likely reject youx
Page 19
Dream Catcher: Thank you and glad to hear you got christening sorted
PMP: Thank you as well, enjoy your holiday and congratulations on your weigh loss. Poor Lydia not been a braidsmaid, hope she’s not too upset.
Balloon_Parade: Thank you, rib is all healed now, Good luck on your PGCE and I’ll check out the website when I’m back

Page 20
Erich Hartmann: Thank you as well. Had exam now and didn’t do as well as I expected myself to do, got very annoyed with 1 of them which changed to complety different set of questions I had been revising from using past papers. My first went well very gutted with the paper and my final one i was gutted with the results.
Tufts: You wean when you want to, not because it’s better for some food companies

Page 21
PMP: Hope Alex had an awesome birthday party
Tufts: It’s true, politics are too involved and it shouldn’t be involved with feeding babies or anything such it’s unnecessary
Balloon_Parade: Glad you had an awesome hen night

Page 22
Tufts: I shall have a look when I have time at your article
Zenobia: Hugs

Page 23
Zenobia: Congratulations on the apartment
Dream_Catcher: congratulations shouldn’t matter
Balloon_Parade: Clarks is slightly better used to get school shoes from there. Good luck and congratulations on getting married in advanced as I wont be around for couple of weeks.
H82think: Congratulations on TTC

Page 24
Jar of Hearts: Aww your poor cousin Teachers should do something about bullying but from personal experience they rarely do but defiantly make it up with them. Maybe take him to something like karate/something along those lines to help him.
HerRoyalHighness: sorry it’s getting stressful stay strong and don’t worry with Ella maybe try and get her involved with helping out with number 2 so she gets some attention as well.
Erich Hartmann: summed it up well.
Hele: Hello and glad to hear you have a very lovely and supportive boyfriend. You can opt to get onto council housing or private and go for housing benefit whilst your waiting to start, and other benefits, and if you move you can apply for full support from SF which gives a full/max loans and grants/bursaries. Also apply for an overdraft from student bank to. Most tutors are very supportive. I know the benefits/housing as my friend had her daughter inbetween 2nd and 3rd yr. You can opt for part time degree at university which spread out your degree easier takes longer but you could go full time after a year most take up to 5-8years to do part time which is more then enough time to have LO in daycare.

Clareramos: Theme parks/water parks/zoo trips/go to a holiday park/camp and go and visit places surrounding the area. South area is lovely and has plently of stuff to do.

Page 25
Jettybee: Hello
Balloon_Parade: Your not the worst mum, don’t put yourself down, it can’t be helped when you on your PGCE, just think your be there in evenings afterwards to help her with homework in a few years. I bet she’ll look cute in her uniform.

Page 26
H82think: Signed it already and don’t stress about it.
PMP: Look very cute
Zenobia: I would just ignore it, and not bother with it, it’s stupid how teachers barley help students at all if ever your at a great uni and doing great for it.
HRH: Glad baby is doing well , hope you get over your sickness soon. I cant remember if I have you on facebook or not.
Original post by Sapphire_Eyes
Page 19
Dream Catcher: Thank you and glad to hear you got christening sorted
PMP: Thank you as well, enjoy your holiday and congratulations on your weigh loss. Poor Lydia not been a braidsmaid, hope she’s not too upset.
Balloon_Parade: Thank you, rib is all healed now, Good luck on your PGCE and I’ll check out the website when I’m back

Page 20
Erich Hartmann: Thank you as well. Had exam now and didn’t do as well as I expected myself to do, got very annoyed with 1 of them which changed to complety different set of questions I had been revising from using past papers. My first went well very gutted with the paper and my final one i was gutted with the results.
Tufts: You wean when you want to, not because it’s better for some food companies

Page 21
PMP: Hope Alex had an awesome birthday party
Tufts: It’s true, politics are too involved and it shouldn’t be involved with feeding babies or anything such it’s unnecessary
Balloon_Parade: Glad you had an awesome hen night

Page 22
Tufts: I shall have a look when I have time at your article
Zenobia: Hugs

Page 23
Zenobia: Congratulations on the apartment
Dream_Catcher: congratulations shouldn’t matter
Balloon_Parade: Clarks is slightly better used to get school shoes from there. Good luck and congratulations on getting married in advanced as I wont be around for couple of weeks.
H82think: Congratulations on TTC

Page 24
Jar of Hearts: Aww your poor cousin Teachers should do something about bullying but from personal experience they rarely do but defiantly make it up with them. Maybe take him to something like karate/something along those lines to help him.
HerRoyalHighness: sorry it’s getting stressful stay strong and don’t worry with Ella maybe try and get her involved with helping out with number 2 so she gets some attention as well.
Erich Hartmann: summed it up well.
Hele: Hello and glad to hear you have a very lovely and supportive boyfriend. You can opt to get onto council housing or private and go for housing benefit whilst your waiting to start, and other benefits, and if you move you can apply for full support from SF which gives a full/max loans and grants/bursaries. Also apply for an overdraft from student bank to. Most tutors are very supportive. I know the benefits/housing as my friend had her daughter inbetween 2nd and 3rd yr. You can opt for part time degree at university which spread out your degree easier takes longer but you could go full time after a year most take up to 5-8years to do part time which is more then enough time to have LO in daycare.

Clareramos: Theme parks/water parks/zoo trips/go to a holiday park/camp and go and visit places surrounding the area. South area is lovely and has plently of stuff to do.

Page 25
Jettybee: Hello
Balloon_Parade: Your not the worst mum, don’t put yourself down, it can’t be helped when you on your PGCE, just think your be there in evenings afterwards to help her with homework in a few years. I bet she’ll look cute in her uniform.

Page 26
H82think: Signed it already and don’t stress about it.
PMP: Look very cute
Zenobia: I would just ignore it, and not bother with it, it’s stupid how teachers barley help students at all if ever your at a great uni and doing great for it.
HRH: Glad baby is doing well , hope you get over your sickness soon. I cant remember if I have you on facebook or not.

No i think not hun and thanks x
I love sapphire's MEGA catch-ups lol x

eeeeek I'm so excited! Kids are going to school tomorrow, and then after that we're going straight to Taybarns for some grub, and then straight to the Travelodge at Manchester Airport for the night. Then we fly out at 8am Tuesday morning (so have to be at the airport for 6am...not so fun to tackle with sleepy kids!).
Salou here we come! woooo!

God I'm in need of a holiday so frigging badly!!
Reply 514
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I love sapphire's MEGA catch-ups lol x

eeeeek I'm so excited! Kids are going to school tomorrow, and then after that we're going straight to Taybarns for some grub, and then straight to the Travelodge at Manchester Airport for the night. Then we fly out at 8am Tuesday morning (so have to be at the airport for 6am...not so fun to tackle with sleepy kids!).
Salou here we come! woooo!

God I'm in need of a holiday so frigging badly!!

Oh exciting, sounds lovely! Hope you all have a great time. :biggrin:
Original post by alexa123
Oh exciting, sounds lovely! Hope you all have a great time. :biggrin:

thanks hun xxx
Original post by hbandtr4eva
I do - she loves about 10 mins away from me. Everything is going well for her :smile:

Thank yuo Kat, Hope you're okay too!
Original post by HerRoyalHighness
aww thanks hun. Im good the baby is doing really really well. Bump is 13 weeks old Sunday. Had my scan with a date of 18 March 2012 but as I will have an elective section baba will be airlifted out around 11th March. Other then that all is going well. I read what you are all writing but I always forget to post these days! Only thing im finding tricky is ive got Low BP which is making me sick and faint. Difficult to deal with at work, but I am getting there and Ill be leaving come January.
My Ella is coming on no end and no hate ITNG and her new word is "watch peppa pig mummy!", still its not as bad and shorter! Hows everyone else doing?
Katherine-text me your number-I think i dont have right one.
Cutie Pie and anyone else on P and P, add me on FB. im on PMPs list-Louise Sayer (UEA) x ooo tell me ur username if not ill more then likely reject youx

Ahh that's good to hear! 11th March doesn't sound that far away either, time goes so fast.

My friend whom I was bridesmaid for is nearly due with her second little girly.. Was wondering if any of you could help? She's obviously got lots of stuff from her first time round and when I asked her what she wanted for her babyshower she said "I dont know".
Any ideas on what I could buy?

It seems a bit radical, surely there should be more research into where the late abortions are taking place? Especially if you can only find out the sex at the 20 week scan and then it takes place after that. I thought you needed special permission for terminations after a certain number of weeks.

If it only really happens in former soviet states then why not sort it there instead of an EU wide ruling? I don't think it will come in to force, seems too backwards.

**CutiePie**
Have you thought about something personalised to that baby? Personalised taggie or comforter? I loved personalised things for the second, then it's just for them!

PMP: Have a great holiday!

HRH: Glad to hear you're doing well.

x
Thank yuo Kat, Hope you're okay too!

Ahh that's good to hear! 11th March doesn't sound that far away either, time goes so fast.

My friend whom I was bridesmaid for is nearly due with her second little girly.. Was wondering if any of you could help? She's obviously got lots of stuff from her first time round and when I asked her what she wanted for her babyshower she said "I dont know".
Any ideas on what I could buy?

Or what about a giftcard for Mothercare or something. that way she can choose what she uses it for.

Quick Reply

Latest