The Student Room Group

Gift ideas for girlfriends birthday?

Hi, i'm male and me and my girlfriend have been going out for not far off 4 months and her birthday (will be 18) is coming up soon. I've a few ideas of what to get her but I'm not positive and would appreciate any ideas you guys/girls have. A friend raised a perhaps valid point that it's not like we have just started seeing eachother but at the same time we haven't been together for something like a year, so its knowing what is too little, and too much, or should there not be such a thing as too much for my girlfriend? I'm going to uni in ~2 weeks and she's a year below so going to be at home, if that alters any potential ideas.

Thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Until you said about going to uni in two weeks I thought you were my boyfriend. If you can't think of actual gifts, think about the kind of things she's interested in eg; animals, sailing, musicals . . . and then put that in the search box on websites such as argos or amazon . . . or with the musicals idea could you take her to London/ another big city near you to the theatre?

What kind of things does she like and whats your budget?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Get her something she can always keep with her when you're not around
Reply 3
It will be her 18th, a birthday that she will remember forever so I wouldnt worry about a present being too much. Although saying that, a ring will probably be a bit full on seeing as youve just got with her.
Would probably help if you said how you had to spend and what type of person she is?
Get her a birthday suit
Reply 5
A nice necklace or bracelet? Think a ring would be a bit too much!
A pretty necklace. It depends on your budget, but something can look nice and cost from £20-£9999999. Then she'll think of you whenever she wears it and is quite nice for an 18th!
Reply 7
maybe you could try doing something for her that she'll appreciate when you've gone away?

take her on a night out with her friends, (she's 18, she has to) and be the photgrapher, takes looooads of pictures of everyone and stick them on a memory card and give her a digital photo frame

something like that? noone can be unahppy with a present like that
Original post by skinny-minnie
A pretty necklace. It depends on your budget, but something can look nice and cost from £20-£9999999. Then she'll think of you whenever she wears it and is quite nice for an 18th!

Original post by Muffin.
Get her something she can always keep with her when you're not around

This. Get her a nice necklace, and then she can wear it everyday and think of you. It'd be nice especially on days when she misses you.
sandwich maker
A rabbit. That way, when she's alone and horny... I'm sure you can work it out :wink:
Get her two tickets to the thing she loves
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by mikeyd85
A rabbit. That way, when she's alone and horny... I'm sure you can work it out :wink:

She can take the fluffy rabbit out to cuddle and kiss? :teehee:

Erm, I like the necklace idea people have mentioned, it doesn't have to cost a fortune because It'd still be really sweet
Reply 13
Original post by Kalamari Dave
Get her two tickets to the thing she loves

Or a handful of diamonds
Reply 14
Pandora charm bracelet, and buy one or two charms ?
Leather one, with a nice heart charm will only be £70.... it is her 18th.
Original post by gCp
Or a handful of diamonds

Then turn up at her house riding on a horse.
oops misread title LOL
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm gonna agree with the majority and suggest a necklace :smile: What are her interests and what ideas do you have so far?
Name a star for her, you can get it done on various websites. You have to be careful though, some will just say they have named it but it won't be recognised by anyone.
whatever you do, don't buy a generic necklace from F.Hinds...anyone could have got that
why don't you get some theatre tickets for the westend around christmas...it serves the dual purpose as a gift, a date and a promise that you'll be seeing eachother even though you've gone to uni

Latest

Trending

Trending