The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachelll=)
Ahh cool, where abouts are you in Oxley?

And thanks :smile: what website did you get it off? And is that the cheapest you can get :/ Although I suppose it's not too bad considering it's for a whole year...

block C, you?

off the First website. That's the only one they do that gets to Oxley for a whole year
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Gemini92
You get given a cable in the welcome box that will be in your room when you arrive.

Do you know if that's in all the accom or just your one?
Reply 3802
Original post by Bella Occhi
Do you know if that's in all the accom or just your one?

I would imagine it would be all of them. There was nothing specific to my hall in the box.
Original post by Gemini92
I would imagine it would be all of them. There was nothing specific to my hall in the box.

Let's hope so! How long was the one you were given - long enough to reach to the bed or not? (and do you get to keep it or do you have to give it back at the end of the year?)
Reply 3804
Let's hope so! How long was the one you were given - long enough to reach to the bed or not? (and do you get to keep it or do you have to give it back at the end of the year?)

I don't know exactly how long the cable is off the top of my head, but its long enough to reach the bed. You can keep it at the end of the year.
Original post by adamcarter22
block C, you?

off the First website. That's the only one they do that gets to Oxley for a whole year

Ahh cool, I'm in Oxley house :smile:

And ok having a look now. Thanks :smile: Also how long did it take for yours to come?
Original post by rachelll=)
Ahh cool, I'm in Oxley house :smile:

And ok having a look now. Thanks :smile: Also how long did it take for yours to come?

oh cool :smile:
erm less than a week i think, it wasn't long.
Reply 3807
I'm sure someone's asked this before! However, what do we need to bring with us when we move in? Like forms etc...? :s-smilie:
Original post by livelove
I'm sure someone's asked this before! However, what do we need to bring with us when we move in? Like forms etc...? :s-smilie:

Accommodation contract
student registration certificate
You need to have sent the Essential Information form
Original post by Muffinz
Accommodation contract
student registration certificate
You need to have sent the Essential Information form

I've just sent mine today, think it will be fine if I'm moving in on Friday?
Original post by Teh User

I'm sure it will :smile:
Reply 3811
Original post by xploded_tb
Anyone going to be in Bodington, Seton House this September? :'D

yeh, room 42
Reply 3812
Original post by Teh User

I haven't sent mine yet - I read somewhere that if you can't really expect it to be there by the time you go (ie. haven't sent it 3 days or so before) then just take it with you.
Gotta nip out this week to get some last-minute bits :s-smilie: Excited and nervous!
Original post by Muffinz
Gotta nip out this week to get some last-minute bits :s-smilie: Excited and nervous!

When are you moving in?
When are you moving in?

Saturday, between 1pm and 3pm :s I still haven't bought knives and forks!!
Reply 3816
Hey guys.I was looking for the edge thread and couldn't find it, but I really hope you can help. I was just trying to register online as a student and got to the stage about the edge membership. Basically I was just wondering whether Leodis first year accommodation gives you the edge membership card? I really hope it does but I got confused. And if so, it says something about the off-peak hours only. What times are those exactly? Thanks in advance :wink:
Sorry if this is a bit off the thread topic but I am doing a joint honours and my induction days clash. Does anyone else have this problem?
Reply 3818
all you need for the ID is the print off. Got mine today, don't even need passport photo's. You need ID
Original post by Rommari
Hey guys.I was looking for the edge thread and couldn't find it, but I really hope you can help. I was just trying to register online as a student and got to the stage about the edge membership. Basically I was just wondering whether Leodis first year accommodation gives you the edge membership card? I really hope it does but I got confused. And if so, it says something about the off-peak hours only. What times are those exactly? Thanks in advance :wink:

All the Leeds accomodation gives you an Edge membership card.

http://sport.leeds.ac.uk/page.asp?section=221&sectionTitle=Hall+of+Residence+Student

Halls students receive Edge Club membership.

This means you get access to all the facilities at any time, EXCEPT the swimming pool and fitness suites, which are only available for people with the Edge Club Membership between 6:30AM-12 noon, and 2pm-4pm.

Latest