Scroll to see replies

Original post by <XOXO>
Hey does anyone know a website that shows Applicants/offer ratio for med unis

Not the most recent cycle, but gives a good picture:
http://www.medical-interviews.co.uk/Medical-School.aspx

scroll down to the table
Reply 7141
Original post by Nator
Doing BMAT prep atm, started way too early, anticipation :rolleyes: How you been mate? What unis u going for? :smile:

How are you finding the BMAT prep? My teachers are getting stumped by some of the questions in the 400Q book, one of them admitted that the difficulty is the range it covers, and to quote 'you really do become teachers of your own spec'.
Reply 7142
need honest opinions on whether i can get an interview for medicine, or should consider foundation med maybe?

GCSE'S: 3A's + 4B'S and a distinction* (4A*'S) in btec ict (our school had a 26% 5 A*'s - C's and a 32% pass rate, i know it shouldn't be an excuse but they might see that and think otherwise? :/
AS: BBBC (Chemistry, maths, psychology, biology in that order)
A-Level predictions: AAAB
ukcat: 667.5
i've done a 2 week work placement at hosp in orthopaedic ward, 6 months with red cross first aid work, football team, prefect at school organizing open days etc.

thanks in advance :biggrin:
Reply 7143
Original post by cz100
How are you finding the BMAT prep? My teachers are getting stumped by some of the questions in the 400Q book, one of them admitted that the difficulty is the range it covers, and to quote 'you really do become teachers of your own spec'.

Not bad, I go through the 400Q bio questions with my dad, I seem to understand the questions we discuss. Went through some Physics and Chemistry in the book, some questions are fine, others never come across like Lewis in Chemistry :erm: But yes, the spec in the book I believe is harder than that in the papers. How is your prep going?
Reply 7144
Original post by Nator
Not bad, I go through the 400Q bio questions with my dad, I seem to understand the questions we discuss. Went through some Physics and Chemistry in the book, some questions are fine, others never come across like Lewis in Chemistry :erm: But yes, the spec in the book I believe is harder than that in the papers. How is your prep going?

Alright I guess, been focussing mainly on biology and physics so far. My teachers are really helpful, don't think there's been anyone in my school who has done BMAT before. When do you want to start using MSN?
Reply 7145
could i apply for kings/ queen mary with :
8 A* 5A GCSE
3 A at As (chem, biol,history) 1 B maths
Predicted A*AA and welsh bac A
UKCAT 690 Average

could i have a chance at getting into Imperial or UCL with the following GCSE grades:
Biology,Physics, Maths, Maths (did two seperate GCSES) Art, English Lit, all A*
English lang and Chemistry both A
Latin, German, History all B

Thank youu
Reply 7147
Original post by cz100
Alright I guess, been focussing mainly on biology and physics so far. My teachers are really helpful, don't think there's been anyone in my school who has done BMAT before. When do you want to start using MSN?

Mainly biology for me. Same here, especially for Biology, teachers giving out some materials soon, should be useful I hope. And we can start some time this week, just doing UCAS atm, but find some questions to go through if you want, would be easier that way? :smile:
Reply 7148
Original post by Nator
Would it be foolish to apply to Cambridge, Imperial, GKT and Notts?

I am def applying to GKT, cambridge and debating between HYMS and notts. Those seem like good choices. :smile:
Thank god you are a home applicant or my comp would be even more intense.
GOOD LUCK!! :biggrin:
Reply 7149
Original post by apple17
I am def applying to GKT, cambridge and debating between HYMS and notts. Those seem like good choices. :smile:
Thank god you are a home applicant or my comp would be even more intense.
GOOD LUCK!! :biggrin:

Good stuff and thanks, you too :smile:
Thanks a lot, good luck to you too!! :biggrin:
Reply 7150
Original post by Nator
Good stuff and thanks, you too :smile:
Thanks a lot, good luck to you too!! :biggrin:

Whens ur app due? Like do you have a school deadline or something? As I am the first and only person applying to uk from my school and independent applicant, my counsellors pre chilled about the whole process. :P
Reply 7151
Original post by Nator

Lewis structures in chem?
I have really good notes for those. I remember like having a week of studying that stupid topic
Original post by Nator

Lewis diagrams are sometimes called dot and cross diagrams, maybe you've heard of those?
Reply 7153
Original post by Nator
Mainly biology for me. Same here, especially for Biology, teachers giving out some materials soon, should be useful I hope. And we can start some time this week, just doing UCAS atm, but find some questions to go through if you want, would be easier that way? :smile:

Sure, let me know the times you can go on and I'll see which ones suit :smile:
Original post by cz100

can you look at, and try the pattern for the boxes in question 16 of AR?

http://www.kaptest.co.uk/Images/ukcat-free-test-2011_tcm55-29481.pdf

thanks
Reply 7155
Original post by ratrabbit
can you look at, and try the pattern for the boxes in question 16 of AR?

http://www.kaptest.co.uk/Images/ukcat-free-test-2011_tcm55-29481.pdf

thanks

Hi, I remember people talking about this one in the UKCAT thread before, and the answer was set A must have one large shape and set B must have at least one black triangle
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cz100
Hi, I remember people talking about this one in the UKCAT thread before, and the answer was set A must have one black shape and set B must have at least one black triangle

In two instances Set A doesn't have a black shape?
Reply 7157
Original post by ratrabbit
In two instances Set A doesn't have a black shape?

sorry I meant big shape :colondollar:
Reply 7158
Original post by apple17
Whens ur app due? Like do you have a school deadline or something? As I am the first and only person applying to uk from my school and independent applicant, my counsellors pre chilled about the whole process. :P

Was today :smile:

Original post by apple17
Lewis structures in chem?
I have really good notes for those. I remember like having a week of studying that stupid topic

Yeah I have never heard of the convention, nor have I heard of Bronsted-Lowry? And nice haha

Original post by roar558
Lewis diagrams are sometimes called dot and cross diagrams, maybe you've heard of those?

Oh really? Didn't know that, and yeah ofc :laugh:

Original post by cz100

Sounds good and will do, thanks :smile:
Reply 7159
Alright guys,
I did my UKCAT today, and got
VR - 610 [thought it was my strongest? o.O]
QR - 620 [ran outta time, and had to guess :frown:]
AR - 710 :biggrin: [actually don't know how this happened]
DA - 670

Average - 652.5
Which universities do I stand a good chance with?
considering my As grades.

Maths - A
Chem - B - remarking
Bio - C -remarking
Philosophy - C -resitting.

thanks in advance,
and if anyone needs help/advice feel free to quote me.

Latest

Trending

Trending