The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde Uni - Freshers Week

So Freshers Week for Strathclyde starts in just over a week and I just don't understand it really. Do most people go alone or do they bring friends who aren't going to the uni? Are you even allowed to bring people who are attending other unis or not colleges?
Also I'm staying at home so it's not as if I could go with people I am living with etc.
Any advice/help would be much appreciated!

:smile: :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I'm starting Strath as well and I think you are allowed to sign you and 2 others (Maybe only one?) in to the union while you are there. They don't need to be at the university so all is good for you! :smile:
Do you know if there is a certain time under 18's would need to be out at? I'm only 17 and not 18 until feb. so hoping that i dont need to be out my a certain time! :frown:
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by AllanMcG

Original post by AllanMcG
Hey, I'm starting Strath as well and I think you are allowed to sign you and 2 others (Maybe only one?) in to the union while you are there. They don't need to be at the university so all is good for you! :smile:
Do you know if there is a certain time under 18's would need to be out at? I'm only 17 and not 18 until feb. so hoping that i dont need to be out my a certain time! :frown:

Oh great, thanks! Hopefully it's 2 people.
I think you can stay all night but they give you a band to wear so that you can't buy alchohol but I'm sure you could find someone to get the drinks in for you if you want to!
Reply 3
I'll be starting as well so I haven't got any first hand info but this is straight from the Freshers' Week page on Facebook, someone asked the same there:

"Strath students can sign in 4 non-students, if the guests are students just not at Strath they dont need to be signed in they can come in as associate members. Yep it is just the £4 entry on the Thrs night, come early, esp if you have non-strathclyders with you - it is first come first served and priority is given to our students & holders of passes during the busiest times :smile: "
Reply 4
Original post by Drana

Original post by Drana
I'll be starting as well so I haven't got any first hand info but this is straight from the Freshers' Week page on Facebook, someone asked the same there:

"Strath students can sign in 4 non-students, if the guests are students just not at Strath they dont need to be signed in they can come in as associate members. Yep it is just the £4 entry on the Thrs night, come early, esp if you have non-strathclyders with you - it is first come first served and priority is given to our students & holders of passes during the busiest times :smile: "

Oh that's brilliant, thanks for the help. Are you going to be takin people or going it alone, I'm not sure what everyone else is doing ?

Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by groddie
Oh that's brilliant, thanks for the help. Are you going to be takin people or going it alone, I'm not sure what everyone else is doing ?

Thanks!

No worries mate, I'll be flying solo since I'm moving to Glasgow from abroad so I don't know anyone to take with me. :biggrin:
Original post by Drana
No worries mate, I'll be flying solo since I'm moving to Glasgow from abroad so I don't know anyone to take with me. :biggrin:

Where are you coming from?
Reply 7
Oh good stuff! I'm from Glasgow but don't know anyone at the uni? So nervous about Freshers.
Original post by groddie
Oh good stuff! I'm from Glasgow but don't know anyone at the uni? So nervous about Freshers.

yeah same, am from Glasgow as well and don't know anyone at the uni! :smile:
What are you going to do for freshers week?
Reply 9
Original post by ihatebrownbread
Where are you coming from?

Finland.

Yay, next week's going to be awesome! :h:
Reply 10
yeah same, am from Glasgow as well and don't know anyone at the uni! :smile:
What are you going to do for freshers week?

I don't really know what events to go to and stuff, I'm going tot he bar thing on the Saturday thing myself I think and then I'll see how it goes from there ha. How about you ? Are you staying at home?
Reply 11
I'm in the same situation myself. I'm staying at home and unsure what I'm going to do. Sure it starts on Saturday but I don't think I wanna be heading to it myself.

We could organise a meet up? Then in that case we won't be missing the first days of Freshers and not look like loners :P
Reply 12
Original post by Clydeside
I'm in the same situation myself. I'm staying at home and unsure what I'm going to do. Sure it starts on Saturday but I don't think I wanna be heading to it myself.

We could organise a meet up? Then in that case we won't be missing the first days of Freshers and not look like loners :P

I am the same and I dont want to look like a loner, I would be up for a meet up if anyone wanted
Original post by Drana
Finland.

Yay, next week's going to be awesome! :h:

So you looking forward to it then?
Original post by groddie
I don't really know what events to go to and stuff, I'm going tot he bar thing on the Saturday thing myself I think and then I'll see how it goes from there ha. How about you ? Are you staying at home?

Yeah am staying at home as well. I don't know what events to go to either:confused:, probably start by going to that speed meeting thing on Monday and then see what happens from there.
Reply 15
So you looking forward to it then?

Yup! Tho I might be a bit too optimistic about it.. Oh well, lots of alcohol to take off the edge then. :tongue:
Original post by Drana
Yup! Tho I might be a bit too optimistic about it.. Oh well, lots of alcohol to take off the edge then. :tongue:

lol am going to need some alcohol to take of the nerves too. :redface:
Reply 17

Yeah am staying at home as well. I don't know what events to go to either:confused:, probably start by going to that speed meeting thing on Monday and then see what happens from there.

that sounds like a good plan ha! Im gonna take a friend to the headphones disco and then go to the speed meet thing on monday, hopefully meet some of you then haha!!
Reply 18
So I didn't have the guts to go to the union by myself last night. I have a flatmate that's going to Strathclyde but she was going with her friends so I didn't want to just force myself on her. I have a feeling I'll go to barely anything, IF anything this week. I wish our inductions were before freshers, it'd be so much easier because we'd know people before hand.
Original post by showerhead
So I didn't have the guts to go to the union by myself last night. I have a flatmate that's going to Strathclyde but she was going with her friends so I didn't want to just force myself on her. I have a feeling I'll go to barely anything, IF anything this week. I wish our inductions were before freshers, it'd be so much easier because we'd know people before hand.

You up for going to that speed meeting thing tomorrow or tuesday night?

Quick Reply

Latest