The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There was a spelling mistake in my UCAS application :eek:

Everyone check your application and remain vigilant!

...but seriously, I am so glad I didn't send it off >_>
Reply 2781
Original post by perrytheplatypus
There was a spelling mistake in my UCAS application :eek:

Everyone check your application and remain vigilant!

...but seriously, I am so glad I didn't send it off >_>

:eek: Where was it? Imagine finding it after you sent it :L I'm probably not sending mine off for another couple of weeks anyway :smile:
Reply 2782
Original post by Trizzle
Anyone here know if you should/could apply for both the UCL Economics course AND Economics with a year abroad?

As in, if you apply for the year abroad and get rejected, you could still be considered for straight econ?

You should apply to both of them if you are intent on going to UCL (they said at the open day they are happy to accept applications to both).

However, if you apply to L101, don't expect an offer to L100 instead.
Original post by Tateco
:eek: Where was it? Imagine finding it after you sent it :L I'm probably not sending mine off for another couple of weeks anyway :smile:

One of my A level modules. That would've been embarrassing...
Reply 2784
Original post by perrytheplatypus
One of my A level modules. That would've been embarrassing...

*panics*
Calm.
You probably didn't make a mistake like me...:tongue:

I think focusing on the spelling of the PS makes you lose focus on the other bits of spelling in your application...
Reply 2786
Original post by Tateco
"zxh800 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space." :tongue:

Wow, I never knew I'd reached the limit lol. I've deleted a few, you can PM me now.
When are people who aren't applying to Oxbridge planning to send their UCAS application? :smile:
Made a twitter account following key economics people and will be constantly retweeting posts, if anyone wants to keep up with latest economics then follow!

http://twitter.com/#!/FdEconomics
Original post by jamiepango
When are people who aren't applying to Oxbridge planning to send their UCAS application? :smile:

monday! :O lol where you applying?
Original post by funkydee
monday! :O lol where you applying?

So you're applying before the Oxbridge deadline?

I'm applying to Warwick, UCL, Bath, Bristol and one other. How about you?
Original post by jamiepango
So you're applying before the Oxbridge deadline?

I'm applying to Warwick, UCL, Bath, Bristol and one other. How about you?

Well our school want us to be done by monday, but i still need to read 1 more book :3 . Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Durham and York.
Made a twitter account following key economics people and will be constantly retweeting posts, if anyone wants to keep up with latest economics then follow!

http://twitter.com/#!/FdEconomics

Followed you!
Reply 2793
Southampton or York?
...and why? :tongue:
Reply 2794
Well our school want us to be done by monday, but i still need to read 1 more book :3 . Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Durham and York.

Which college at Cambridge? :u:
Original post by zaina94
Southampton or York?

Southampton. Cos York= Bad weather and So'ton= Good weather...

Nah but why you wanna go up north, bro?
Original post by gansta7
I'm starting this year, so I don't know completely, however I hear its got a really good economics department especially with the focus on certain regions in the world. Yeah definitely AAB should be enough to apply to SOAS.

Thanks, feeling a bit more confident now :smile: Yeah, I like the course as it focuses on different parts of the world, and i find that very interesting.
Original post by darkshadow1111
Is anyone going to apply to SOAS?

Yh I am :biggrin:

How many books are you including altogether? Nice choices! Good luck with your application :tongue:

Original post by zaina94
Southampton or York?

I'm currently in this dilemma as well. I was quite sure on York at first, however seeing as its about 5 hours away ( from south-east) I think it might be a bit too far for me.
So I'm still currently undecided :rolleyes:

Bear in mind also that York is AAB whilst Southampton is AAA at the moment.
Reply 2799
Guysss, only started considering Cambridge (Economics) today. Do you think I may be too late ?
Esp because I haven't done my personal statement nor visited the uni to see the colleges.
Took Economics, History, Maths and French(dropped this subject)

Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending