The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Nerd Culture?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Computerised
Nowhere, not even Oxbridge can beat the nerdiness of UCL. Seriously they are like rats in their computer cluster dungeons. I have never seen people looking so nerdy in my life. I remember on open day, there was this guy with a big jewfro, round glasses, thick vermillion sweater, and massive jack-ups in his jeans coupled with tacky white trainers. I will never forget when soon after on the same day I saw this ultra nerdy looking guy pored over 2 laptops and a pile of books through a window while outside it was nice and sunny with hot girls frolicking around.add that to the maths jokes we used to tell for entertainment in the kitchen..

Actually I just remembered Imperial. While I have never actually seen any nerds there I have heard stories....

Imperial defines nerdiness:biggrin:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 201
Original post by Computerised
Nowhere, not even Oxbridge can beat the nerdiness of UCL. Seriously they are like rats in their computer cluster dungeons. I have never seen people looking so nerdy in my life. I remember on open day, there was this guy with a big jewfro, round glasses, thick vermillion sweater, and massive jack-ups in his jeans coupled with tacky white trainers. I will never forget when soon after on the same day I saw this ultra nerdy looking guy pored over 2 laptops and a pile of books through a window while outside it was nice and sunny with hot girls frolicking around.add that to the maths jokes we used to tell for entertainment in the kitchen..

Actually I just remembered Imperial. While I have never actually seen any nerds there I have heard stories....

Is it really that bad? I'm in year 12 and I'm considering going there but if it's really that bad I might reconsider...
Original post by englishmajor2013
What if we met on Sunday afternoon/night, October 2, in front of an easy-to-locate place and then decided what to do from there? That gives everyone a good week to go through welcome week, get acquainted with all the places and societies and city, etc. and it'll be a nice way to end the week before classes start.

Ive heard worse plans see you guys in october
October 2 plan sounds good to me!
Also, I'm from Toronto, and go to U of T (as my super unoriginal username attests). I'm doing an exchange to exeter this year. I've never been to Yellowknife, but I have a friend who's been to the North West Territories who says it's gorgeous. I'd love to go some time :smile: [Sorry - totally irrelevant to nerd culture...]
Hallo!

Have just found this thread and am ridiculously pleased there are other proud nerds coming to Exeter this year :biggrin:
Am coming from Belfast and there is a sad lack of nerd culture here :frown:

Anyone here studying Sociology and/or living in Birks Grange self catered?

Yay for Who fans and nerdfighters :tardis:

October 2nd meetup sounds great, any more details?

See you all soon!
Original post by PagesandPerfume
Hallo!

Have just found this thread and am ridiculously pleased there are other proud nerds coming to Exeter this year :biggrin:
Am coming from Belfast and there is a sad lack of nerd culture here :frown:

Anyone here studying Sociology and/or living in Birks Grange self catered?

Yay for Who fans and nerdfighters :tardis:

October 2nd meetup sounds great, any more details?

See you all soon!

I'm in Birks Grange Catered, is that near to you?
Original post by Organised=Chaos

As far as I can tell they're on the same road (new north) ?

Not looking forward to the trek up to lectures from there :s-smilie:
At least it will provide toned legs after a while?
Original post by PagesandPerfume
As far as I can tell they're on the same road (new north) ?

Not looking forward to the trek up to lectures from there :s-smilie:
At least it will provide toned legs after a while?

Yeah, I can't work out from Google Maps which is catered and which part is self catered, I think the catered part has The Ram bar in it?

Indeed, I don't think I'll bother with a gym subscription :P
Yeah, I can't work out from Google Maps which is catered and which part is self catered, I think the catered part has The Ram bar in it?

Indeed, I don't think I'll bother with a gym subscription :P

The interactive map on the Exeter accommodation website is not much more helpful, I think you may be right about The Ram being in catered though. Lucky you! :wink:

Was debating about joining some athletic society (poss swimming or tennis) but will maybe hold off on this until I can walk up the hill without wheezing :colondollar:
How about this for the meetup:

October 2nd, around 4 pm, meet in front of the cathedral? Then we could go get dinner somewhere and just get to know one another.

October 2nd, around 4 pm, meet in front of the cathedral? Then we could go get dinner somewhere and just get to know one another.[/QUOT

maybe we should make this a facebook event so we can recognise people or something?
This is thread so reassuring, I was worried I would be alone! I'm start Exeter for psychology this year! Yay for nerdiness!
[QUOTE="Dr_horrible93;34037345"]

October 2nd, around 4 pm, meet in front of the cathedral? Then we could go get dinner somewhere and just get to know one another.[/QUOT

maybe we should make this a facebook event so we can recognise people or something?

That sounds like a plan - who wants to create it?

If someone does, just post the name of the event here so we can search it on fb and 'attend' or not.

:smile:
im not exactly sober right now, so if you want to your more then welcome haha
That's brill! Just clicked 'attend'

Love the name you chose btw :biggrin:
Original post by Dr_horrible93
im not exactly sober right now, so if you want to your more then welcome haha

Enjoying a glass of wine as we speak :smile:
Reply 217

Im in birks grange self catered! Im so excited to move in :biggrin:
Reply 218

October 2nd, around 4 pm, meet in front of the cathedral? Then we could go get dinner somewhere and just get to know one another.

What do we need to be interested in to make the cut for this nerd meetup?
Reply 219
Original post by history geek
This is thread so reassuring, I was worried I would be alone! I'm start Exeter for psychology this year! Yay for nerdiness!

Im starting psychology at exeter too this year :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending