The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm writing my personal statement and I keep using the word 'shadowing' when I talk about shadowing doctors. Is there a synonym for this word or a different way of saying that I have shadowed doctors. Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Nator
Was today :smile:

Yeah I have never heard of the convention, nor have I heard of Bronsted-Lowry? And nice haha

Oh really? Didn't know that, and yeah ofc :laugh:

Sounds good and will do, thanks :smile:

question 36 on AR?

http://www.kaptest.co.uk/Images/ukcat-free-test-2011_tcm55-29481.pdf

Biggest shape is striped in A.
Smallest shape is striped in B.
Anyone else here sitting their UKCAT soon?

15th for me :smile:
Original post by Scarface-Don
I'm writing my personal statement and I keep using the word 'shadowing' when I talk about shadowing doctors. Is there a synonym for this word or a different way of saying that I have shadowed doctors. Thanks :biggrin:

Stalked?

Followed, observed? :smile:
Reply 7166
Doing 4 A2s, working 16 hours on weekends, revising for UKCAT and BMAT, volunteering and writing my personal statement still. Lol. Also driving test soon :/
Original post by Crushy
Doing 4 A2s, working 16 hours on weekends, revising for UKCAT and BMAT, volunteering and writing my personal statement still. Lol. Also driving test soon :/

I think you could do with a bit more work tbh, you seem quite lazy. Maybe try and organise some after school work experience at a GP?
Original post by Joseppea
Followed, observed? :smile:

Doesn't 'followed' sound a bit creepy to you - it does to me for some reason :redface:
Original post by thegodofgod
Doesn't 'followed' sound a bit creepy to you - it does to me for some reason :redface:

Depends what context you use it in I guess :tongue:

"During my work experience, I was able to follow around several medical professionals."

Compared to....

"I followed that person home and lingered outside their bedroom window" :zomg: xD
"I followed that person home and lingered outside their bedroom window" :zomg: xD

:ninja: :biggrin:
Depends what context you use it in I guess :tongue:

"During my work experience, I was able to follow around several medical professionals."

Compared to....

But tbh even in that sentence 'follow' implies you're a loner because you have to follow people around :frown: :cry:

Anyway, how's your PS coming along?
But tbh even in that sentence 'follow' implies you're a loner because you have to follow people around :frown: :cry:

Anyway, how's your PS coming along?

I suppose "follow" is better than using the same word lots of times. :tongue: Plus, you usually are a sort of loner, you're generally the only college student surrounded by loads of qualified professionals who know what they're talking about. It's not the best word to use I'll admit, but it'll do xD

I've submitted mine on here (about a week ago) and redrafted from the comments made on it, nw waiting for any responses on the new draft. Quite pleased with it so far, you? :biggrin:
I suppose "follow" is better than using the same word lots of times. :tongue: Plus, you usually are a sort of loner, you're generally the only college student surrounded by loads of qualified professionals who know what they're talking about. It's not the best word to use I'll admit, but it'll do xD

I've submitted mine on here (about a week ago) and redrafted from the comments made on it, nw waiting for any responses on the new draft. Quite pleased with it so far, you? :biggrin:

Cool beans (don't know why I just said that, just felt like it :tongue:)

Just got my 2nd draft done, and handed in to the PS helpers service people :biggrin:

Don't have much to show for teamwork though :mad:

Got an internal deadline for the PS by Monday :s-smilie:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Stalked?

Lol:biggrin:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Stalked?

LOL hahaha well that may be true based on the expression on some of the doctors' faces. And don't forget the extremely awkward cases when you sit there like a statue and they don't talk to you...
Cool beans (don't know why I just said that, just felt like it :tongue:)

Just got my 2nd draft done, and handed in to the PS helpers service people :biggrin:

Don't have much to show for teamwork though :mad:

Got an internal deadline for the PS by Monday :s-smilie:

I've got until next Thursday before our internal deadline :cool:

I've got a fair bit of teamwork in mine, though my voluntary work sort of fell to pieces due to insanely lengthy training times... :frown: but I've got enough (I hope)

Where are you applying? (I would check your sig but I'm on "Go advanced" :cool:

Everyone uses the word shadowing I'm sure! The admissions staff must die of boredom reading our ps.:redface:
Original post by Anterior view
Everyone uses the word shadowing I'm sure! The admissions staff must die of boredom reading our ps.:redface:

lol exactly :biggrin: and thats why I wanted a different word for shadowing so that I could spice up their lives :tongue:
I've got until next Thursday before our internal deadline :cool:

I've got a fair bit of teamwork in mine, though my voluntary work sort of fell to pieces due to insanely lengthy training times... :frown: but I've got enough (I hope)

Where are you applying? (I would check your sig but I'm on "Go advanced" :cool:

You had training for your voluntary work?? :eek:

Most likely:
- Leicester
- BSMS
- Nottingham
- Keele
- Leicester, Medicinal Chemistry

Latest

Trending

Trending