The Student Room Group

MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) Jan 2012 start

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
congrats to all you who got in M.Sc physio for jan 2012.

Is anyone going to RGU for M.Sc? or am i the only one in the program? lol
Hi Guys! I've accepted an offer at Teesside for Jan 2012! Anyone else :smile:
Reply 22
Hey Guys ! , I received a condition offer from Leeds Met for Msc pre reg Physiotherapy !. I'm coming from University of Toronto , Canada so a bit scared as well as excited !
Reply 23
Original post by patchwork01
I've just heard back from Leeds Met and got an offer, anyone else got an offer from them? Would love to get talking to people that may possibly be on the course

Hey , Congrats ! , I received one as well however mine is conditional. What about you ? Also can I relax now that it is done or whether conditional is still considered "job not done" ?

Cheers
Reply 24
Original post by ruthy89
Hey! I have been in touch with MMU and sent off my transcripts and certificate ect but no reply yet, they said they are interviewing until the end of september. Have you heard from them?

Hey! yeh i got into MMU and Teeside but i met quite a few people that went to teeside for a year and hated it during my interviews so i am going to go to MMU. I think Teeside is pretty **** as no one ever accepts to go there and most people fail lol! thats just what i have heard so defo gonna avoid that one!!!! MMU seemed really good and i like manchester. Have you been to an interview yet? or are you waiting to hear back?
Reply 25
Original post by sarahjack99
Hi, congrats on your offer to MMU Janne. I have an interview with MMU in a few weeks time, a little nervous but hopefully all goes well. Do you mind me asking when you interviewed for MMU and how long it took for them to get back to you with a decision? Thanks.

Hi Sarah! Thank you for that!! Well i had my interview on the 18th May and i didnt hear back until like 3 weeks ago so it took them ages!!!! the interview was really good actually, a few pointers:

- the people interviewing you (2 people - Joanna Ashman and a guy) havent seen your application so all they know about you before your interview is your name so make sure you get all of your experience across as they have no idea what they have done.

- they asked me the usual questions like why do you want to be a physio, what relevent experience have you had, why do you think you would be successful, what can you offer to the course.

- they asked me a lot about how i work within a group so maybe think of some examples of when you have had to do this and positive things you have achieved etc. - there is a lot of group work involved with the course at MMU so ability to work well with others and within a group is something they are very interested in.

- they also asked me about my dissertation and what i did and why, they asked me what i would have done differently and why etc.

- i tried to make my strengths relevent to the questions they asked and tried to use examples of experience that i had had to back up my answers....

i hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!!! Did you get any offers yet? what first degree did you do??

Janne
Reply 26
Original post by venks27
Hey , Congrats ! , I received one as well however mine is conditional. What about you ? Also can I relax now that it is done or whether conditional is still considered "job not done" ?

Cheers

Depends what your conditions were? Mine was conditional but only on a health check and a CRB check so I'll be fine on both of those so I'm considering it as a firm offer. I'll send you a message on here, would be good to get chatting!
Reply 27
Original post by ruthy89

Original post by ruthy89
Hey! I have been in touch with MMU and sent off my transcripts and certificate ect but no reply yet, they said they are interviewing until the end of september. Have you heard from them?

Hi, I have been told I have an interview with MMU but the date has not been confirmed. Has anyone else had their interview yet?
Reply 28
Original post by Binks
Hi, I have been told I have an interview with MMU but the date has not been confirmed. Has anyone else had their interview yet?

Hello! i had an interview and have accepted a place at MMU.... i posted some info to Sarah Jack... its up the page a bit.. hope it helps! Janne
Reply 29
Original post by Janne_87

Hello! i had an interview and have accepted a place at MMU.... i posted some info to Sarah Jack... its up the page a bit.. hope it helps! Janne

Thanks very much Janne, I appreciate it!
Reply 30
Just had an invitation to a selection event at Brighton, anyone else?
Reply 31
Original post by Binks

Original post by Binks
Thanks very much Janne, I appreciate it!

Hi Janne,

Sorry to bother you but I wanted to ask if you know what the term dates are for the course next year?
Thanks very much!
Reply 32
Original post by Binks
Hi Janne,

Sorry to bother you but I wanted to ask if you know what the term dates are for the course next year?
Thanks very much!

Hi! All i know is that we start on January 3rd!!! I was surprised that its so soon after Christmas but im pretty sure they all do and i know Birmingham does... when is your interview?
Reply 33
Original post by patchwork01
Just had an invitation to a selection event at Brighton, anyone else?

Yep but not gonna go as i already accepted a place! i have heard Brighton is really good i know a guy from England Basketball that i worked with that went to Brighton said it was brilliant!! i cant believe they want everyone to write an essay and do a group interview as well as individual! good luck hope it goes well for you!!!!!
Reply 34

Hi! All i know is that we start on January 3rd!!! I was surprised that its so soon after Christmas but im pretty sure they all do and i know Birmingham does... when is your interview?

Thanks very much, shew that is early! My interview is on Wed 21st.
Reply 35
Original post by Binks
Thanks very much, shew that is early! My interview is on Wed 21st.

Good luck!!
Reply 36
Hi everyone, I'm from Canada but have an interview via Skype for RGU MSc Physiotherapy (Pre-reg) soon. Has anyone had an interview at RGU? I'm just curious as to what kind questions they ask and if it is at all similar to questions asked at Canadian Physiotherapy universities. Also, does anyone know of any RGU physio graduates that are working as physiotherapists in Canada?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 37
Is pre reg msc course in physiotherapy is applicable to other students beside student having bsc in physiotherapy???? student having bsc in physiotherpy cant apply for pre reg msc courses???
Reply 38
Original post by slfsh
Is pre reg msc course in physiotherapy is applicable to other students beside student having bsc in physiotherapy???? student having bsc in physiotherpy cant apply for pre reg msc courses???

If you've got a BSc Physiotherapy you wouldn't be able to (or need to) get onto the MSc pre reg. If you've got the BSc you'd already be registered as a Physio. The pre-reg is for people not registered as physios but with a relevant degree, so for example my degree is in psychology, once I've finished this MSc pre reg, I'll be a registered physio.
Reply 39
Hi
I have just accepted an unconditional offer for this course at MMU starting in Jan. Is anyone else going there? Im looking for people on the course. What are you all doing about accommodation?

Im excited and nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest