The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2820
Oh yeah (this is off topic) but would it look ok, if I only have 3 paragraphs in my PS?
An intro, a massive middle chunk, and an ending?

I'm having problems with the line limit you seeeeeeee.. :rolleyes:
I'm under the character limit, and can't cut anything out!
A dissertation is actually pretty cool you know..all that independent shizz :ahee:
Reply 2822
Original post by zaina94
Oh yeah (this is off topic) but would it look ok, if I only have 3 paragraphs in my PS?
An intro, a massive middle chunk, and an ending?

I'm having problems with the line limit you seeeeeeee.. :rolleyes:
I'm under the character limit, and can't cut anything out!

I feel your pain :frown:

But just imagine you're an admissions tutor who has just read 50 personal statements, I think layout matters :colondollar:
Original post by Tateco
Makes me tempted to apply to Bristol :tongue:

haha I reckon you have a good chance assuming you fit that criteria to get a lowe offer (assuming you do get an offer, assuming you do decide to apply :tongue: )

Jesus.
Reply 2824
Original post by -Illmatic-
haha I reckon you have a good chance assuming you fit that criteria to get a lowe offer (assuming you do get an offer, assuming you do decide to apply :tongue: )

Jesus.

:rofl:
Reply 2825
Original post by Tateco
I feel your pain :frown:

But just imagine you're an admissions tutor who has just read 50 personal statements, I think layout matters :colondollar:

It's only the middle paragraph :colondollar:
Some of the parts where I would have split it into further paragraphs are slightly visible though, because the line before it ends half-way (but there isn't a space)....so hopefully that'll be enough?

Stupid UCAS not letting us indent...:angry:

:eek: gah my deadline is tomorrow, guess i'll just leave it for now. OMG YES THAT MEANS I'M DONE :banana:
Reply 2826
Original post by zaina94
It's only the middle paragraph :colondollar:
Some of the parts where I would have split it into further paragraphs are slightly visible though, because the line before it ends half-way (but there isn't a space)....so hopefully that'll be enough?

Stupid UCAS not letting us indent...:angry:

:eek: gah my deadline is tomorrow, guess i'll just leave it for now. OMG YES THAT MEANS I'M DONE :banana:

Tommorrow? :eek4: Why so early?!
Original post by zaina94
I need to decide by tomorrow!!! :eek:

I always preferred Soton, but I was counting on it as my backup! AAA doesn't sound like a back-up...

I prefer Soton! :cool:
But York is AAB...

You evidently seem to prefer Soton, so I would advise that you choose them, purely because you don't want to be left with an insurance you don't want to go to.
Reply 2828
Original post by Tateco
Tommorrow? :eek4: Why so early?!

It's the Oxbridge deadline...
But my college do them all pretty early, all the other Economics applications (Non-Oxbridge) have to be in by 3rd Oct. The latest all together is the 17th.

They said they "cannot guarantee they will meet the external deadline" if we don't get them in by then..
LIESSSS I SAY.
Reply 2829
Original post by -Illmatic-
A dissertation is actually pretty cool you know..all that independent shizz :ahee:

I'm so behind on my EPQ, and not bothered. That sort of says something :tongue:
Reply 2830
Original post by jamiepango
You evidently seem to prefer Soton, so I would advise that you choose them, purely because you don't want to be left with an insurance you don't want to go to.

Yeah, I think I will :biggrin:
Haven't look too much into York, as I only started considering it yesterday. I also prefer the actual city Southampton more :smile:
Reply 2831
Original post by zaina94
It's the Oxbridge deadline...
But my college do them all pretty early, all the other Economics applications (Non-Oxbridge) have to be in by 3rd Oct. The latest all together is the 17th.

They said they "cannot guarantee they will meet the external deadline" if we don't get them in by then..
LIESSSS I SAY.

Our Oxbridge deadline is October 1st :tongue: I'm going to wait until then anyway, because I've just started further maths AS so just want to make sure that is working out before I commit to doing it :tongue:
Reply 2832

This.

The reasoning behind people who choose any choice they wouldn't be happy at is just beyond me, especially for the money it's going to cost us! :facepalm:
Reply 2833
Original post by Tateco
Our Oxbridge deadline is October 1st :tongue: I'm going to wait until then anyway, because I've just started further maths AS so just want to make sure that is working out before I commit to doing it :tongue:

Same, I picked it up this year too :tongue:
Seems alright, but I haven't got the choice of dropping it now anyway.. :wink:
I personally wouldnt bother with an EPQ, im doing an extra qualification anyways (FM A-level) so I guess thats enough to keep me busy :tongue:
Original post by Tateco

Just wondering if hypothetically you received your offers that doesn't contain further maths, would you still take the exams? Also, would those universities require you to carry it on, seeing as it is put in as "pending" on UCAS? :biggrin:
Reply 2836
Just wondering if hypothetically you received your offers that doesn't contain further maths, would you still take the exams? Also, would those universities require you to carry it on, seeing as it is put in as "pending" on UCAS? :biggrin:

I was wondering this same thing, it would be interesting to know if I could just stop doing it although I doubt it, it seems stupid that someone could say they were doing 7 A-levels (to impress them), then when they get their offer of A*AA just drop the other 4... Let me know if you find out though...
(And even if it wasn't required I'd still do them :biggrin:)
Strangely word says I'm 5 characters inside my 4,000 character limit but on UCAS it's 8 over?!
Original post by Tateco
I was wondering this same thing, it would be interesting to know if I could just stop doing it although I doubt it, it seems stupid that someone could say they were doing 7 A-levels (to impress them), then when they get their offer of A*AA just drop the other 4... Let me know if you find out though...
(And even if it wasn't required I'd still do them :biggrin:)

Good point :tongue:

Are you self-teaching? Which modules have you chosen?
Reply 2839
Original post by Psychotic546
Strangely word says I'm 5 characters inside my 4,000 character limit but on UCAS it's 8 over?!

Apparently UCAS counts a line break as two characters (or so I've heard). There should definitely be a margin of error though, it's ridiculous :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending