The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deFossard
Advertising his autobiography... Beyond parody.

:facepalm2:

'Let me tell you about the time I was the most evil man alive...'
Original post by soutioirsim
Anyone going to the open day on Friday? :smile:

Is that a freshers' open day? Haven't heard about that. Does it sound interesting?
Reply 3622
Is that a freshers' open day? Haven't heard about that. Does it sound interesting?

I think it's the same type of thing as the one I went to last year (that was 10th Sept ish), which was aimed more at people who'd forgotten about open days in the summer (woops) and wanted to look around before applying. Although I got up before 5am, so my memory is a little blurry.

Nah, it's for applicants but I need to hand in some work and other forms (..and I want to have a cheeky peek at some of the other colleges :colondollar:)
Original post by soutioirsim
Nah, it's for applicants but I need to hand in some work and other forms (..and I want to have a cheeky peek at some of the other colleges :colondollar:)

Ha I'm going. I want to show my mum around the colleges and I thought, what better time to do it than when all of them are open without charge (£7.50 to get into Christ Church in summer =S)
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
Ha I'm going. I want to show my mum around the colleges and I thought, what better time to do it than when all of them are open without charge (£7.50 to get into Christ Church in summer =S)

£7.50 to get into Christ Chruch!? That's the college I wanted to go see so I'm glad I'm going on the open day :tongue: I'm gonna do some shopping as well.
Original post by Babs12123
Hey guys, sorry it's a few days late and, also, sorry to bring the conversation back to mini fridges. These are the dimensions for the 20L on Argos :smile:

Without the front door pockets or the shelf, the measurements are: depth 21cm, width 25cm and height 33cm. I think it will be a pretty handy little thing :smile:

Mine just arrived and it makes a really ugly, loud rattling noise... :frown:
Is anybody else doing German at Exeter by any chance? I don't know if we'll be doing prose or poetry first.
Advertising his autobiography... Beyond parody.

I went to the speech/book signing thing. Really not sure why, don't even like the guy. But he's so ****ing charming! Only read two chapters then got bored though...
Reply 3629
Original post by barefootfiona
Is anybody else doing German at Exeter by any chance? I don't know if we'll be doing prose or poetry first.

HAve you joined either of the two Exeter College groups on Facebook yet? I'm virtually certain there will be someone on there doing German as well (how many students does Exeter admit to read German, anyway?).

I look forward to meeting you in October.
Original post by Bax-man
HAve you joined either of the two Exeter College groups on Facebook yet? I'm virtually certain there will be someone on there doing German as well (how many students does Exeter admit to read German, anyway?).

I look forward to meeting you in October.

I might have joined but not checked back yet. I think they admit about a dozen MFL students, and in the year above us there is one German sole and two German duals. So a small handful!
Hi there. I was trying to register online and I noticed that my "Fee Status" was labelled as "Query". Should I be concerned?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by muddybike
Hi there. I was trying to register online and I notoced that my "Fee Status" was labelled as "Query". Should I be concerned?

I have this as well :s-smilie:
Hi there. I was trying to register online and I noticed that my "Fee Status" was labelled as "Query". Should I be concerned?

Query is the standard status until your fee status is actually confirmed - you shouldn't worry :smile:
Query is the standard status until your fee status is actually confirmed - you shouldn't worry :smile:

Should I therefore just fill in the form and send it off?
Should I therefore just fill in the form and send it off?

I'm sorry, what form? The self-service personal details one?

If so, then I just checked all my details were correct and then saved it.

Oh that's good - was worried about that one!
How can I fill in my term time address when I don't know it?
Original post by micky022

It's just the college address, I believe.
Original post by micky022

Yup just put college address :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending