The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by areyousure?
Lacaster, Liverpool, Southampton, UEA, BSMS and Peninsula all accept resit applicants.

I thought they only accept resits if you have any particular circumstances?
Original post by Tzarchasm
I thought they only accept resits if you have any particular circumstances?

Nope :P The others are the ones that accept resit applicants if you have extenuating circumstances.

Check this:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies
asked this in the ps thread but thought i'd ask here too.

should i mention in my ps that i am now looking for a job related for medicine?
i already have a paragraph about volunteering abroad so i don't know if its worth saying this too to give an idea of how im gonna spend the rest of my year.
Original post by atomos
asked this in the ps thread but thought i'd ask here too.

should i mention in my ps that i am now looking for a job related for medicine?
i already have a paragraph about volunteering abroad so i don't know if its worth saying this too to give an idea of how im gonna spend the rest of my year.

It wouldn't hurt to mention it. Presumably it would only take up a sentence or two and it is good to tell the reader what your plans are for the rest of the year if you have any :smile:
Reply 3604
All done and dusted now. I'm hoping for a better outcome this year!

In the end I went for a 3:2 split.

Medicine:

Kings
St. Georges
Sussex

Human Sciences:

Oxford
Kings

Fingers crossed!
Reply 3605
Original post by twelve
Ahh thats good news :biggrin: Which subjects are you resitting? We're all willing to help with revision I'm sure :smile:

About your job - you won't be at a disadvantage. What matters is experience (which you'll have in your work experience) and just getting a job shows social responsibility because you are earning money (to help with university costs) and you'll also just get experience having a full time job, and working as an adult. Lots of things you can talk about about that - it just means you don't get the added bonus of work experience and a job at the same time.

Resitting biology and maths. I'm sure i'll be fine with revision this time around - but thanks for offering :thumbsup:

The trouble is im having to resit 5 exams. UEA want you to achieve an A* and an A if you are resitting, so i have to redo all of my A2 maths modules to have a chance of an A* in maths... and you can't resit Biology Unit 5 in january, so i'm having to resit Unit 2 and Unit 4 to make up the marks to an A. £100 in total :eek:

Just trying to figure out how it came to this :dry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
It wouldn't hurt to mention it. Presumably it would only take up a sentence or two and it is good to tell the reader what your plans are for the rest of the year if you have any :smile:

ok thanks, have put in a wee bit about it.
also i dont know if youre scottish but anyway is it alright to refer to sixth year as just S6?
Turns out the liver ward wanted me for their HCA so i'm probs working there now, so will be 18.5 hours there and 8.5 hours at la pharmacy which is...27 hours p/w.

How many hours is everyone else doing?
I wouldn't do FT because even if i DID get an offer this year i'd have killed myself by december.

This way i get to go out and get mortal with all my friends and go to teh cinemas and and not be lonely and go for coffee and have a laugh. AH NO WAIT THERE... they're all at uni... mmh well that's awkward.

all the last pals are leaving saturday, so from then on LOZZAS GAP YAH 2K11/12 WILL HAVE COMMENCED. oioi.
(edited 12 years ago)
Got ABB in my A-levels but by some miracle I had it all remarked and it came out AAA! Peninsula have just offered me entry for next year since I held an offer with them so I'm a happy chappy!

Shame about the fees though.... "/
Original post by laurenl93
Turns out the liver ward wanted me for their HCA so i'm probs working there now, so will be 18.5 hours there and 8.5 hours at la pharmacy which is...27 hours p/w.

How many hours is everyone else doing?
I wouldn't do FT because even if i DID get an offer this year i'd have killed myself by december.

This way i get to go out and get mortal with all my friends and go to teh cinemas and and not be lonely and go for coffee and have a laugh. AH NO WAIT THERE... they're all at uni... mmh well that's awkward.

all the last pals are leaving saturday, so from then on LOZZAS GAP YAH 2K11/12 WILL HAVE COMMENCED. oioi.

Full time in the labs, part time on top as a HCA :P
I still find I have loads of time to do other things though.
Original post by atomos
ok thanks, have put in a wee bit about it.
also i dont know if youre scottish but anyway is it alright to refer to sixth year as just S6?

Yeah S6 is fine.
Original post by PeaceFreak
Got ABB in my A-levels but by some miracle I had it all remarked and it came out AAA! Peninsula have just offered me entry for next year since I held an offer with them so I'm a happy chappy!

Well done man. GAP YEAR (Y) :P

Enjoy it, you don't have to work unless you want to.
No responsibility or anything.
Just win at life and enjoy it :biggrin:
Original post by joemullally
Well done man. GAP YEAR (Y) :P

Enjoy it, you don't have to work unless you want to.
No responsibility or anything.
Just win at life and enjoy it :biggrin:

I can't wait! The best part is i now get £80 of my cherished money back as I don't need to do another UKCAT!
I can't wait! The best part is i now get £80 of my cherished money back as I don't need to do another UKCAT!

If I hadn't rated you in the PMS applicants thread I'd do it for this post.
No UKCAT, No interviews, No nothing.
You must be buzzing, probably be in the pub If I were you.
You have like 2 days to party with what remains of your friends about your good news, get out!
If I hadn't rated you in the PMS applicants thread I'd do it for this post.
No UKCAT, No interviews, No nothing.
You must be buzzing, probably be in the pub If I were you.
You have like 2 days to party with what remains of your friends about your good news, get out!

More in shock than anything, when I first spoke to Peninsula yesterday they told me i'd have to reapply since it was past the 31st of August but they rang me today offering me a place! I'm just glad I got a high interview score last year or thing may of been verrrry different.
More in shock than anything, when I first spoke to Peninsula yesterday they told me i'd have to reapply since it was past the 31st of August but they rang me today offering me a place! I'm just glad I got a high interview score last year or thing may of been verrrry different.

Let's hope we all get high interview scores, Hey, If I get into peninsula, you can buy me a pint.

Go on, get celebrating.
Let's hope we all get high interview scores, Hey, If I get into peninsula, you can buy me a pint.

Go on, get celebrating.

Haha ok then! And i'm off to the pub in a couple of hours! And good luck on getting in :biggrin:
Haha ok then! And i'm off to the pub in a couple of hours! And good luck on getting in :biggrin:

Sweet, you're on!.
Reply 3618

wow i dont even know you but am soooo happy 4 u!!!!!
Reply 3619
Hi. I am new here. I am an International student. I came to UK in 2010 to study A-level. I applied to medicine and got rejected so I will reapply this year. I just want to ask if I need to fill in the grades of each modules for A2 subjects or just the subject grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending