The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2860
Original post by somaiyar
just go an email back from the UCL Economics department saying they will require UMS marks for this application cycle, the email said:

Thank you for your email regarding application for admission to the
Economics L100 course at UCL.

I can confirm that we will require the UMS scores in order to consider an
application and this information should be included in the GCE AS unit
section of the UCAS form.

Yours sincerely,

Economics Department

it says "in order to consider an application", but surely, if they haven't put it on the UCL website, the UCL prospectus OR the UCL Economics Department website/webpage, then there will be thousands of economics applicants around the country who wont put their UMS scores in the UCAS form. So will they not be considered? I dont know how the hell this will work

I am assuming, that on the UCAS from, where you enter your induvidual module grades, you leave the dropdown box alone, and in the box next to it which says "other", you put something like: " A 90 / 100 UMS" for example, is this what other people are going to do??

Confusing times. I guess I'll tell my UCAS tutor to put all my UMS' in my reference. I got 88 in both my History exams but my school's being very strict on predictions so I'm being predicted an A. So, I'll defo try and put UMS down or else Unis may think the A prediction suggests I got a low A at AS.
Reply 2861
just go an email back from the UCL Economics department saying they will require UMS marks for this application cycle, the email said:

Yours sincerely,

Economics Department

it says "in order to consider an application", but surely, if they haven't put it on the UCL website, the UCL prospectus OR the UCL Economics Department website/webpage, then there will be thousands of economics applicants around the country who wont put their UMS scores in the UCAS form. So will they not be considered? I dont know how the hell this will work

I am assuming, that on the UCAS from, where you enter your induvidual module grades, you leave the dropdown box alone, and in the box next to it which says "other", you put something like: " A 90 / 100 UMS" for example, is this what other people are going to do??

I'm putting my units in the other box in this format "A (84/90)" for each module :smile:
Reply 2862
Original post by jamiepango
Anyone going to the Bath open day on Saturday? :smile:

Oooh didn't know there was one, I won't be able to go now and it's definitely a choice so doesn't matter that much :tongue: Do tell me what it's like though :wink:
Reply 2863
Original post by Tateco
I'm putting my units in the other box in this format "A (84/90)" for each module :smile:

Cheers, yeah im not sure what format to put it in, but what do you think will happen to people who dont put their UMS down? Can you just claim that it wasnt on the website/propectus?
Reply 2864
Cheers, yeah im not sure what format to put it in, but what do you think will happen to people who dont put their UMS down? Can you just claim that it wasnt on the website/propectus?

Why wouldn't you put it down if they want it? :s-smilie: And it just makes things difficult if they have to get in touch to ask for it, this way you will be in the list of people that can be considered quickly and easily.

Yours sincerely,

Economics Department

This is extremely concerning

They want UMS scores but have not bothered to inform us on the website/prospectus/open day.

Does anyone know of any other universities which require UMS scores?!
Original post by Mousebudden

They want UMS scores but have not bothered to inform us on the website/prospectus/open day.

I know it was really strange. Groat, in his infinite wisdom can confirm that LSE, Warwick and Bath won't require any.

(That's not sarcasm btw :P)
Original post by Tateco
Why would you want to do that?

They're 4 years because scottish students finish the equivalent of sixth form a year earlier...or so I'm told.
Reply 2868
Original post by Mousebudden
This is extremely concerning

What's with the first sentence of all of your posts being 10 times larger than the rest? :lolwut:
Reply 2869
Original post by perrytheplatypus
They're 4 years because scottish students finish the equivalent of sixth form a year earlier...or so I'm told.

So you would want to start a scottish degree in the second year? I doubt they'd let you personally but that's just a hunch :tongue:
Original post by Tateco
Oooh didn't know there was one, I won't be able to go now and it's definitely a choice so doesn't matter that much :tongue: Do tell me what it's like though :wink:

I only found out today after my friend offered to drive there! True, I'm pretty much certain that Bath will be one of my choices, unless something drastic happens at the open day :tongue: Will do! :smile:
Reply 2871
Original post by jamiepango
I only found out today after my friend offered to drive there! True, I'm pretty much certain that Bath will be one of my choices, unless something drastic happens at the open day :tongue: Will do! :smile:

It's one of my favourite choices in terms of location and course structure (with the placement year) :smile:
Original post by Tateco
So you would want to start a scottish degree in the second year? I doubt they'd let you personally but that's just a hunch :tongue:

Well they let people in the second year for the sciences...why can't it be the same for economics?
:iiam:
I'm choosing college for Cambridge.
Traditionally people would say trinity, st.johns, st.catzn kings are best for economics.

Wat's about clare, queens,pembroke, downing n caius ??? What's is the less competitve ones n near centre with good facilities?
Hi guys,
I have finished my UCAS form, Just getting PS chekced for the last time on PS section.
Tell me what you think:

On UCAS for each module you have 3 boxes:
Module title - grade - "other box"

In order to put my UMS down I have done this for example (using C1 as an example)

MPC1 Pure core 1 98/100 - A - "other box" is empty.

Some of you are doing this:

MPC1 Pure core 1 - Empty - A (98/100)

I am just thinking what would be the better way to get UMS in? What do you gues think ?
Original post by Tateco
It's one of my favourite choices in terms of location and course structure (with the placement year) :smile:

Apparently it's a really beautiful place, and the placement year looks awesome :biggrin:
Reply 2876
UCL told me they will request UMS from schools for students who have not entered them, however, this may slow the process and end up in a rejection.
Reply 2877
Original post by economyst
Hi guys,
I have finished my UCAS form, Just getting PS chekced for the last time on PS section.
Tell me what you think:

On UCAS for each module you have 3 boxes:
Module title - grade - "other box"

In order to put my UMS down I have done this for example (using C1 as an example)

MPC1 Pure core 1 98/100 - A - "other box" is empty.

Some of you are doing this:

MPC1 Pure core 1 - Empty - A (98/100)

I am just thinking what would be the better way to get UMS in? What do you gues think ?

The second one, by far.
Reply 2878
BTW guys, if we put UMS into the other box. Will all our other unis be able to see our scores?
Reply 2879
Original post by zxh800
BTW guys, if we put UMS into the other box. Will all our other unis be able to see our scores?

(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending