The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Anyone seen this old thread. I'm not really comfortable putting in the marks in the Other box. I'll probably just get my marks mentioned in my reference. They're all pretty good bar History (relatively).
Reply 2881
Also another post that may be of interest. Obviously, things may have changed and the veracity of an anonymous poster with 5 posts can't be held as highly as word direct from an admission tutor. But, I wonder why things have changed is UMS scores indeed are not required this year (if they were previously).
Reply 2882
Original post by zxh800
Anyone seen this old thread. I'm not really comfortable putting in the marks in the Other box. I'll probably just get my marks mentioned in my reference. They're all pretty good bar History (relatively).

That's scared me enough to consider removing my module scores. :s-smilie:
Reply 2883
From the look of another thread, it seems putting module scores in is a bad idea, although nothing has been verified :s-smilie:
Reply 2884
Things might have changed :dontknow: but I think having them in the reference would be the safest bet.
I've emailed UCL asking specifically where UMS should be declared, but judging by everyone's previous replies, even they don't seem entirely sure :s-smilie:

I'll let you guys know if they say anything useful...
Original post by Groat
That's scared me enough to consider removing my module scores. :s-smilie:

Original post by Tateco
From the look of another thread, it seems putting module scores in is a bad idea, although nothing has been verified :s-smilie:

Original post by zxh800
Things might have changed :dontknow: but I think having them in the reference would be the safest bet.

Need to send an email to UCL!
Original post by jamiepango
I've emailed UCL asking specifically where UMS should be declared, but judging by everyone's previous replies, even they don't seem entirely sure :s-smilie:

I'll let you guys know if they say anything useful...

Thanks, they usually reply in a coupla days. They should just have an SAQ sort of thing, save them having to find out UMS of those who haven't put them in.
Reply 2888
A little more digging and it seems like LSE sent a seperate questionnaire last year. Things might have changed though.
Sent off my UCAS application yesterday, guess I'll just have to wait and see now

(Damned internal deadline)
Original post by DylanLJG
Sent off my UCAS application yesterday, guess I'll just have to wait and see now

Good Luck :smile: My school also have a deadline but for today, actually hate it because we could easily have another week at least.
Reply 2891
What uni's should i be looking at for an AAA prediction, more low end AAA
Original post by YingYang
What uni's should i be looking at for an AAA prediction, more low end AAA

Bristol, Nottingham, York, Southampton, Birmingham etc
Original post by DylanLJG

Too your teachers or to the universties?
People applying to UCL

Do you know that you need to have studied a language GCSE to get into UCL? However, if you have not studied a language GCSE you will have to take a language course while at UCL.

It seems not many people are aware of this either...

UCL causing a lot of confusion
Reply 2895
So basically, according to that thread, we get an automatic rejection if we enter our UMS in the "other" box and likely to be rejected if we dont enter our UMS at all! ucas and ucl should have created a separate form
Original post by perrytheplatypus
Too your teachers or to the universties?

I'm not actually sure. I've pressed the pay/send button and everything, but I don't think my reference has been completed yet. My college's "Oxbridge Coordinator" is writing it apparently even though she doesn't even know me. :rolleyes:

My college is confusing.
Does anybody have their school login for Mathsnet by any chance? I'd be very grateful if someone could PM me with it!
Hello future economist of TSR.

I am still unsure about choices and would like some advice. Initially I thought about doing accounting but after receiving my results decided to do economics. I know the course is harder and more difficult to get in to (entry requirements.)

Would employers be impressed with a first in accounting and finance or a 2:1 in BA economics, (please try not to be bias) :tongue:

Also with A*AAAABBBBCCCC and A*AA predictions where can I realisticly get into?

Thanks in advance
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ...mo...
Hello future economist of TSR.

I am still unsure about choices and would like some advice. Initially I thought about doing accounting but after receiving my results decided to do economics. I know the course is harder and more difficult to get in to (entry requirements.)

Would employers be impressed with a first in accounting and finance or a 2:1 in BA economics, (please try not to be bias) :tongue:

Also with A*AAAABBBBCCCC and A*AA predictions where can I realisticly get into?

Thanks in advance

I think you should look at both courses and see which you would prefer - Economics isn't simply a harder version of accounting.

Cambridge, LSE, Warick and UCL are a few of the A*AA. I don't know much about any AAA ones, maybe someone else can help? Regardless, well done on your AS results :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending