The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rtzj00
Is there an interview for the scholarship? + can u apply to spring week +scholarship or just scholarship??

Yeh i'm pretty sure there are interviews for it, they wont just give you the money based on the letter/essay you give them. And yes i beleive you can apply for both
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Yeh i'm pretty sure there are interviews for it, they wont just give you the money based on the letter/essay you give them. And yes i beleive you can apply for both

u said it depends on the uni? wot do u mean by this. i go to lse?
Original post by eco1234
hey,
how competitive is the deutsche bank scholarship?

More competitive than getting SW at DB. Plus I think they prefer applicants from top 6-7 unis.:redface:
Original post by rtzj00
u said it depends on the uni? wot do u mean by this. i go to lse?

they give the scholarship to one student from each of their target Uni's i think. Somewhere like LSE theres likely to be a lot of competition i imagine
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
they give the scholarship to one student from each of their target Uni's i think. Somewhere like LSE theres likely to be a lot of competition i imagine

ah ok thanks,

btw do you know why they interview and what its in the interviews> as in this is only for spring week after all. If one gets into spring week does that mean its easier to get a summer internship or not...
I would never work for Deutsche Bank.

Quotation from Wikipedia

"After Adolf Hitler came to power, instituting the Third Reich, Deutsche Bank dismissed its three Jewish board members in 1933. In subsequent years Deutsche Bank took part in the aryanization of Jewish-owned businesses: according to its own historians, the bank was involved in 363 such confiscations by November 1938.[19] During the war, Deutsche Bank incorporated other banks that fell into German hands during the occupation of Eastern Europe. Deutsche provided banking facilities for the Gestapo and loaned the funds used to build the Auschwitz camp and the nearby IG Farben facilities"
Original post by rtzj00
ah ok thanks,

btw do you know why they interview and what its in the interviews> as in this is only for spring week after all. If one gets into spring week does that mean its easier to get a summer internship or not...

Depends on the banks but on most occasions you will have a telephone interview, Assessment Centre and an interview with someone from the bank. The most common questions are competency eg. teamwork, leadership etc.

Some banks may decide to fast track you but theres no guarentee. I dont think there were too many fast tracks last year. Have a read of last years Spring week thread, you'll find lots of answers there
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I would never work for Deutsche Bank.

Quotation from Wikipedia

"After Adolf Hitler came to power, instituting the Third Reich, Deutsche Bank dismissed its three Jewish board members in 1933. In subsequent years Deutsche Bank took part in the aryanization of Jewish-owned businesses: according to its own historians, the bank was involved in 363 such confiscations by November 1938.[19] During the war, Deutsche Bank incorporated other banks that fell into German hands during the occupation of Eastern Europe. Deutsche provided banking facilities for the Gestapo and loaned the funds used to build the Auschwitz camp and the nearby IG Farben facilities"

theyre not antisemtic anymore. i know a lot of jewish people who work there.
Reply 208
Im doing a 4 year course so dont graduate until 2015,

Are there any of these i can apply for?

Cheers
Original post by mashman9
Im doing a 4 year course so dont graduate until 2015,

Are there any of these i can apply for?

Cheers

Same like me :smile: We have to apply in our second year but I guess there is no harm in trying to applying this year you might get lucky!
Original post by woods.vanessa
Same like me :smile: We have to apply in our second year but I guess there is no harm in trying to applying this year you might get lucky!

Before making offers most all of them will ask the question about graduation year. Unless you confirm the graduation yr - usually no offers.
Original post by Dumb Economist
Before making offers most all of them will ask the question about graduation year. Unless you confirm the graduation yr - usually no offers.

Yeah thats true. I'm planning to apply in my seond year anyway it gives me time to bulk up my CV a little hopefully with some related work experience :smile:
Original post by woods.vanessa

I know quite a few students who started the first year on a 4 year course, for internship purposes switched back to the 3 year course. That way they did the SW in their 1st year, summer internship in 2nd year.

Once they finish the 2nd year they switched back to the 4 year course (most courses are the same in the first 2 years and easily allow the switch) and that way they could do a second summer internship again in their 3rd year!

See if you can do that, it's proved very effective for those who have tried it. Most universities ask that students on a 4 year course meet certain standards by the end of the 2nd year and if they don't they put them back on the 3 year course.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Marc Fiorano
I know quite a few students who started the first year on a 4 year course, for internship purposes switched back to the 3 year course. That way they did the SW in their 1st year, summer internship in 2nd year.

Once they finish the 2nd year they switched back to the 4 year course (most courses are the same in the first 2 years and easily allow the switch) and that way they could do a second summer internship again in their 3rd year!

See if you can do that, it's proved very effective for those who have tried it. Most universities ask that students on a 4 year course meet certain standards by the end of the 2nd year and if they don't they put them back on the 3 year course.

Ahh I see! It seems a little complicated lol. The thing is with my course it is harder to move up to a Masters than down, so I don't want to put my Masters at risk just to get an internship. I'm also pretty sure at the moment that I want a Masters (its only 1 extra year)! I'm not 100% sure about IB at the moment but thanks for the idea I might try it but Ill speak to my department/careers service first and see what they say.
Does anyone know which banks require numerical tests at the actual interview for spring weeks and also for summer internships...

Thanks
I was wondering if anyone will be applying to any non-FO spring weeks? i.e. tech, ops, etc...
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I was wondering if anyone will be applying to any non-FO spring weeks? i.e. tech, ops, etc...

finance or ops for me
Reply 217
What should I put for grades?

I have my first year results (67.56%) and as I am only a tiny bit off a first I think I should be able to get a first this year. Would it be better to predict myself a first or a 2:1?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by miml
What should I put for grades?

I have my first year results (67.56%) and as I am only a tiny bit off a first I think I should be able to get a first this year. Would it be better to predict myself a first or a 2:1?

Isnt it for first years only or are you second year on 4 year programme?
I'm not sure what divisions to apply for.I really don't care about investment banking as a career but I think this stuff might look good on a CV, an d it would definitely be a good networking opportunity. I think I'm going to go for a variety of different divisions.

Latest

Trending

Trending