Original post by -Illmatic-
Bristol, Nottingham, York, Southampton, Birmingham etc

Nottingham is now an A*AA I believe.
Original post by Psychotic546

A*AA-AAA

:fyi:
Original post by perrytheplatypus
I think you should look at both courses and see which you would prefer - Economics isn't simply a harder version of accounting.

Cambridge, LSE, Warick and UCL are a few of the A*AA. I don't know much about any AAA ones, maybe someone else can help? Regardless, well done on your AS results :biggrin:

Thanks, I am on UCAS now. I had a brief chat with my eco teacher at A2 who was my AS accounts teacher who told me, (basically,) that accounting degrees are not worth that much. Unless accounting is what you want to do and that an eco degree will allow me to do different things.

Also people are like

Me: Hi
Them: Hey, you done your uni stuff yet
Me: No, not decided yet
Them: What you gonna do
Me: Maybe accounting
Them: :sleep: Boring!...well looks like your going be dressed in grey and stuck in an office all day
Me::ashamed2:

I hate that response and am starting to think it might be true. However if it goes like this it

Me: Maybe economics
Them: :w00t:
Me: :ta:

Should I risk it and try and go for eco or stay safe and go for accounting?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by zxh800
Anyone seen this old thread. I'm not really comfortable putting in the marks in the Other box. I'll probably just get my marks mentioned in my reference. They're all pretty good bar History (relatively).

That thread scared me as well.

I phoned UCAS and spoke to some one directly, she opend my application on her screen and saw that I have put my UMS scores in the "other box". I asked her whether there was anything wrong with that, is it against UCAS rules? and I even asked her whether it would get me automatically rejected.
She said it is fine to do that provided that if the universities ask for the verification of the UMS, you are able to prove them.

If you think I am making it up so you all get rejected and the level of competition is reduced then you can ask UCAS yourself, their number is found form the Contact Us link at the bottom.
Original post by ...mo...
Thanks, I am on UCAS now. I had a brief chat with my eco teacher at A2 who was my AS accounts teacher who told me, (basically,) that accounting degrees are not worth that much. Unless accounting is what you want to do and that an eco degree will allow me to do different things.

Also people are like

Me: Maybe accounting
Them: :sleep: Boring!...well looks like your going be dressed in grey and stuck in an office all day
Me::ashamed2:

I hate that response and am starting to think it might be true. However if it goes like this it

Me: Probably economics
Them: :w00t:
Me: :ta:

Should I risk it and try and go for eco or stay safe and go for accounting?

It's true economics opens more doors. You seem to have the grades for it, and I'd personally recommend it, but I just hate the idea of anything to do with finance so I'm a bit biased :tongue:

Do YOU think accounting is boring? If so, economics is probably a better choice - Remember you'll be studying this for the next three years.

So in conclusion, you have to do economics...or else :eek:
Anyone who got 100% it close in econ, any tips? :smile:
EDIT: sorry for asking :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
It's true economics opens more doors. You seem to have the grades for it, and I'd personally recommend it, but I just hate the idea of anything to do with finance so I'm a bit biased :tongue:

Do YOU think accounting is boring? If so, economics is probably a better choice - Remember you'll be studying this for the next three years.

So in conclusion, you have to do economics...or else :eek:

I sort of want to do accounting since I am good at it but find it a bit repetitive. What other careers are possible with an eco degree and don't say banker!!!

I enjoy eco at A Level but am not great at maths. I am told that there is a lot of maths involved and was wondering that if I do BA economics is it economics but with out the maths?

Thanks
Original post by Psychotic546

As is Bristol.
I sort of want to do accounting since I am good at it but find it a bit repetitive. What other careers are possible with an eco degree and don't say banker!!!

I enjoy eco at A Level but am not great at maths. I am told that there is a lot of maths involved and was wondering that if I do BA economics is it economics but with out the maths?

Thanks

anything to do with finance really. I don't know much about careers, just that there is quite a bit of choice with an economics degree.

BAs contain less maths but you're unlikely to be able to avoid it completly.
anything to do with finance really. I don't know much about careers, just that there is quite a bit of choice with an economics degree.

BAs contain less maths but you're unlikely to be able to avoid it completly.

I am allright at maths but not great. Got A at GCSE and 80% at AS. I don't find it really hard but don't won't an extensive use of maths. What is the difference between BA economics and Bsc economics? Is Bsc highly respected and BA looked down on?
What's the policy with declaring uncertified module grades? If you have done the module can you put in the grade or do you leave it as "pending"?
Reply 2911
In my AS levels I got ABBC &(C in GS)
And I'm being predicted BBB (which may change to an ABB, may or may not..)

So i was looking @ UCAS and these shot out at me:
Edinburgh - AAA-BBB
Essex - ABB
Hull - 280 points
Keele - ABB (economics & sociology)
York - ABB (economics & sociology)

am i aiming too high? :/
if i were to be predicted BBB, would they just bin me before looking @ my PS?

thanks for any advice/help/personal stories

I may change Essex to Aberdeen - BBB
:smile: It looks like a nicer place
(edited 12 years ago)
Bsc is more mathematical than BA.
Generalyy Bsc econ is seen as more respectful than BA.
Exceptions are Oxbridge who offer BA due to tradition, but they are actaully quite mathematical courses.
Original post by economyst
Bsc is more mathematical than BA.
Generalyy Bsc econ is seen as more respectful than BA.
Exceptions are Oxbridge who offer BA due to tradition, but they are actaully quite mathematical courses.

In that case would it be better for me to do BA economics or accounting and finance?
Original post by monicaa

Edinburgh - AAA-BBB
Essex - ABB
Hull - 280 points

Aim for the stars. If you can get there you'll know that the sky is the limit.

What I am saying is that if you don't go for it then you may regret it. You might get in and I think you have agood chance. Shouldn't you be predicted ABB anyway?
Reply 2915
Aim for the stars. If you can get there you'll know that the sky is the limit.

What I am saying is that if you don't go for it then you may regret it. You might get in and I think you have agood chance. Shouldn't you be predicted ABB anyway?

See, I presumed that they would, but my RS teacher (my A was in RS) told me she's predicting me a B because "it gets harder" :s-smilie:
And, in Economics (my B) I got an A in one module, and then a D in another (i'm totally retaking this module! :P) which then should bring it up to an A since i'm only a bit off :smile: Like, i know i will get the A once i've retook in Jan.

BUT I am going to talk to the nice teacher @ school who helps with UCAS related stuff. in the past she's persuaded teachers to change their minds. so :smile:
Original post by monicaa

Edinburgh - AAA-BBB
Essex - ABB
Hull - 280 points

I may change Essex to Aberdeen - BBB
:smile: It looks like a nicer place

Aim higher :smile: You can definitely do it...anything is possible, people have turned around their grades :smile:
Just have a superb PS :smile:
Original post by monicaa
See, I presumed that they would, but my RS teacher (my A was in RS) told me she's predicting me a B because "it gets harder" :s-smilie:
And, in Economics (my B) I got an A in one module, and then a D in another (i'm totally retaking this module! :P) which then should bring it up to an A since i'm only a bit off :smile: Like, i know i will get the A once i've retook in Jan.

BUT I am going to talk to the nice teacher @ school who helps with UCAS related stuff. in the past she's persuaded teachers to change their minds. so :smile:

Oh my. REALLY?

C1 - 78%
C2 - 83%
S1 - 79%

Overall - 80%

Will I be predicted a B since it gets harder at A2?
Reply 2918
Oh my. REALLY?

C1 - 78%
C2 - 83%
S1 - 79%

Overall - 80%

Will I be predicted a B since it gets harder at A2?

Ah idk about Maths! Sorry :/ I haven't been told my prediction, i'm just presuming a B which is highly likely.

Someone else know? :smile:
Original post by monicaa
Ah idk about Maths! Sorry :/ I haven't been told my prediction, i'm just presuming a B which is highly likely.

Someone else know? :smile:

I wanted to go speak to my AS maths teacher. However he has retired.... so I don't know.

Thanks anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending