The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

It started at 8,022 characters. It is now 5,875 characters. Only nearly another 2,000 characters to go and i'll be done!

Anyone know if the ps helpers have a character limit on personal statements they'll check? (If they're still checking cause I guess most will be back at uni)
Original post by Quackers93
It started at 8,022 characters. It is now 5,875 characters. Only nearly another 2,000 characters to go and i'll be done!

Anyone know if the ps helpers have a character limit on personal statements they'll check? (If they're still checking cause I guess most will be back at uni)

They are still checking :smile:. Well they recommend you to have the final draft as they only review more so if you can't get to 4000 soon, then maybe send it when you get to 5000. I think it will actually depend of the PS Helper but for them it will be much easier to review one that is inside the limit.

According to the forum there are 27 statements waiting to be reviewed so if you post now you should get an answer in 3 days.

Mine got reviewed quiet fast the only thing is that I never got an answer to something I needed help with.
Original post by Quackers93

:zomg:

I wouldn't even touch your PS if you submitted that right now :lol:
Original post by areyousure?
They are still checking :smile:. Well they recommend you to have the final draft as they only review more so if you can't get to 4000 soon, then maybe send it when you get to 5000. I think it will actually depend of the PS Helper but for them it will be much easier to review one that is inside the limit.

According to the forum there are 27 statements waiting to be reviewed so if you post now you should get an answer in 3 days.

Mine got reviewed quiet fast the only thing is that I never got an answer to something I needed help with.

What did you need help with?

Not guaranteeing an answer but I'm curious (if it's to do with wording etc then send me a pm for plagiarism purposes :smile:)
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:zomg:

I wouldn't even touch your PS if you submitted that right now :lol:

I dont blame you! Tbh I dont even want to touch it :frown: bt I'm working on it :smile:

Original post by areyousure?

Thank you very much for the information :smile:
Original post by laurenl93
Turns out the liver ward wanted me for their HCA so i'm probs working there now, so will be 18.5 hours there and 8.5 hours at la pharmacy which is...27 hours p/w.

How many hours is everyone else doing?
I wouldn't do FT because even if i DID get an offer this year i'd have killed myself by december.

This way i get to go out and get mortal with all my friends and go to teh cinemas and and not be lonely and go for coffee and have a laugh. AH NO WAIT THERE... they're all at uni... mmh well that's awkward.

all the last pals are leaving saturday, so from then on LOZZAS GAP YAH 2K11/12 WILL HAVE COMMENCED. oioi.

45hours+... shoot me now.
Original post by baztech

Sorry to rain on your parade but im doing 48 hours+ :'(
but its sooo worth it though
Original post by baztech

Original post by tkoki1993

Just think of all the Guinness those hours will get you when you get into uni :smile:

And the experience is good too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3647
Ok The ukcat is over(hurray) and my score is 672.5.I got 730 in AR and 760 in DA but only 550 in VR. I am going for :

Peninsula
St George's

but cant decide on others.
I have A levels in Bio (A) Chem(A) Maths(A) and AS English(B)
7 A*s and 4A's GCSE
Any help appreciated......
Please QUOTE me!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3648
I hate having to do my personal statement again!!!! :frown: SEriously can't get round to doing it :frown:
Original post by DDSB
I hate having to do my personal statement again!!!! :frown: SEriously can't get round to doing it :frown:

that was what i was like last week, until i sat down one day and was like right imma get this done. and i did, it was pretty bad but at least now i can redraft it :redface: so just sit down and get it done!
Original post by joemullally
Just think of all the Guinness those hours will get you when you get into uni :smile:

Haha, I like your thinking Joe, whats this secret private fb group you guys are all in again??
Original post by baztech
Haha, I like your thinking Joe, whats this secret private fb group you guys are all in again??

Pm'd you man.
Original post by baztech

YOURE FINALLY GNA JOIN IT?! :eek:

You should, it's like our own little facebook crew where we all get to stalk each other lives while getting to moan about reapplying not only on tsr but on fb too :wink:
lmao.
Reply 3653
bad news!!
my school cant give me any predicted grades coz i dont study there anymore howecer theyre doing my reference and ucas...
what shall I do?? do we have HAVE to apply with predictions? im gonna be resitting a few modules in jan. help! :frown:
Original post by baztech

Original post by tkoki1993

Wut.

Pharmacy hours = 8.5 Hospital hours = 18 and 3 quarters
= 27 hours and 15 mins.

Plus i have to work christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day and new years day. Hate mon life.

I'm saving all my moneys to pay for my full years accomodation :h:
I need an ensuite room for freshers for all the jager-induced vomiting i'll be doing.
:cool:

lmao.
Money used for alcohol > experience

Us reapp freshers will just have more money at freshers week therefore will be the most pissed and unconscious. get the **** in.
Reply 3655
Original post by atomos
that was what i was like last week, until i sat down one day and was like right imma get this done. and i did, it was pretty bad but at least now i can redraft it :redface: so just sit down and get it done!

Yeah, I tried to do that but I ended up staring at the computer screen for about 2 hours then gave up. All I have at the moment is a list of things to put in and a few sentences that I might include. I just can't seem to put everything together :frown: I think I'm just going to have to force myself to do some tonight (bearing in mind I've said that everyday for the past week!).
Original post by atomos

Did that today :biggrin: Only because this morning the first thing i thought was "hmm. 12 days till the end of September. OMFG 12 DAYS TILL THE END OF SEPTEMBER AND MY PERSONAL STATEMENT IS NOWHERE" -jumps out of bed in similar manner to when you realise your late for work-

I have to give it back to my tutor by the end of september just about finished so that it can be sent off earlier than october 15th

Now need to redraft and make it 1000 characters less fancy :frown:
Original post by laurenl93
Wut.

Pharmacy hours = 8.5 Hospital hours = 18 and 3 quarters
= 27 hours and 15 mins.

Plus i have to work christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day and new years day. Hate mon life.

I'm saving all my moneys to pay for my full years accomodation :h:
I need an ensuite room for freshers for all the jager-induced vomiting i'll be doing.
:cool:
lmao.
Money used for alcohol > experience

Us reapp freshers will just have more money at freshers week therefore will be the most pissed and unconscious. get the **** in.

Your actually getting me excited about possible future heavy nights if I get into medicine :biggrin:

P.S 27 hours is fine ya wimp :wink:

Pm'd you man.

Cheers Sir!
Hmm. 22 days till the first day of me raping hotmail with the F5 button. Best be getting this statement done eh lads
Reply 3659
bumpppp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending