The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2620
Original post by makingamemory
It is, but when I used to live 15mins from my school I was a zombie until after lunch, my morning lessons just went straight over my head haha but when I moved an hour away with a 30min walk to the station I was wide awake for registration!

Really?!
Ive always lived within a 10 minute walk of my schools and my college :biggrin: Mornings have always been a blur! :tongue:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Popey93
Really?!
Ive always lived within a 10 minute walk of my schools and my college :biggrin: Mornings have always been a blur! :tongue:

Where I used to live it was a 10min max bus journey unless Wimbledon was on and it was more of a walk 20minutes and curse every tourist in sight :tongue: Then I moved to surrey half way through yr12 so I stayed at the same school. Although it wouldn't have made a different as there aren't any secondary schools in my town so I'd still have about an hours journey. /end of life story :tongue:

So the village-campus trek is nothing to me lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Where I used to live it was a 10min max bus journey unless Wimbledon was on and it was more of a walk 20minutes and curse every tourist in sight :tongue: Then I moved to surrey half way through yr12 so I stayed at the same school. Although it wouldn't have made a different as there aren't any secondary schools in my town so I'd still have about an hours journey. /end of life story :tongue:

So the village-campus trek is nothing to me lol

It's hardly what I'd call a trek anyway, about 10 min walk.
I'm back in lovely ole Norwich!!

Although I have to say, my new room beats UEA Accommodation hands down (Sorry!) :colondollar:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I'm back in lovely ole Norwich!!

Although I have to say, my new room beats UEA Accommodation hands down (Sorry!) :colondollar:

While I agree that Norwich is lovely, I can't see how your new room could possibly be better that anything we have!

Bet you are glad to be back though.
What's the likelihood of me being able to get university accommodation when I live pretty much in the middle of Norwich?
Original post by Fudgebucket
What's the likelihood of me being able to get university accommodation when I live pretty much in the middle of Norwich?

Pretty unlikely as I'm presuming you live less than 12 miles away. This year no-one who wasn't covered by the guarentee got uni halls as far as I'm aware.
I really hope I'm not on the ground floor of Norfolk Terrace... >.< high is good!
Original post by FinalFallenFantasy
I really hope I'm not on the ground floor of Norfolk Terrace... &gt;.&lt; high is good!

Well, you will get to find out in a weeks time! Not long to go now.
Reply 2629
Original post by FinalFallenFantasy
I really hope I'm not on the ground floor of Norfolk Terrace... >.< high is good!

If you do end up there remind yourself that at least it won't be as hot in the summer when the windows heat the building up like a greenhouse! :P You'll be on the coolest floor.
Can I just say welcome to any MED or INTO students arriving today! Hope you settle in alright but feel free to drop into the Accommodation Office if you have any problems and I'll see what I can do to help.
Original post by kpwxx
If you do end up there remind yourself that at least it won't be as hot in the summer when the windows heat the building up like a greenhouse! :P You'll be on the coolest floor.

Haha, now that is a good point. A very good one.
Reply 2632
Currently trying to pack to move in to my new house tomorrow.. How the heck did I do this with the intention of moving in to one room last year?! ITS IMPOSSIBLE :emo:
Original post by UEAAccommodation
Can I just say welcome to any MED or INTO students arriving today! Hope you settle in alright but feel free to drop into the Accommodation Office if you have any problems and I'll see what I can do to help.

I know there is a reason why their isn't Wifi in halls, but I can't remember why, and a few people in my halls group on facebook are like 'oh considering how much we are paying for halls I'd expect wifi'.
WHAT? there's no wifi in halls? jeeeeeeeeeezus!

anywho, has one filled out he medical forms on the UEA site yet? /recieved anything apart from the handbook in the post?
Reply 2635
Original post by jelly1000
I know there is a reason why their isn't Wifi in halls, but I can't remember why, and a few people in my halls group on facebook are like 'oh considering how much we are paying for halls I'd expect wifi'.

That was the thing I disliked most about halls. There's also that hour or two in the afternoon where everyone is chilling out and on their computers, but it meant everyone was always in their rooms 'cause you've got to be plugged in. It would have been nice if you could just sit in the kitchen with your laptops and have a bit of a chat at the same time.
Original post by High As A Kite
WHAT? there's no wifi in halls? jeeeeeeeeeezus!

anywho, has one filled out he medical forms on the UEA site yet? /recieved anything apart from the handbook in the post?

Done all but the one asking for your jabs. They should make it a rule that the nurses who fill out forms/baby books have legible handwriting because I can't work out the date for my DTP ones, so I'll have to ring my doctor and ask for all of that info.

Except for my freshers tickets, nope.

So glad I'm not moving into today if the weather is the same as it is down here. *please don't rain next saturday*
omg this time next week I'll be in Norwich...
Original post by BethanW

Original post by BethanW
That was the thing I disliked most about halls. There's also that hour or two in the afternoon where everyone is chilling out and on their computers, but it meant everyone was always in their rooms 'cause you've got to be plugged in. It would have been nice if you could just sit in the kitchen with your laptops and have a bit of a chat at the same time.

To be honest, the fraping was bad enough in our flat with us all being plugged in. I dread to think what it would have been like if there was WiFi :afraid:
Reply 2638
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
To be honest, the fraping was bad enough in our flat with us all being plugged in. I dread to think what it would have been like if there was WiFi :afraid:

Hah, it wasn't so bad in Nelson Court because going into someone else's room meant you had to climb stairs (three whole flights if you were after someone on the top floor!) and that was always too much effort :biggrin:
Done all but the one asking for your jabs. They should make it a rule that the nurses who fill out forms/baby books have legible handwriting because I can't work out the date for my DTP ones, so I'll have to ring my doctor and ask for all of that info.

Except for my freshers tickets, nope.

So glad I'm not moving into today if the weather is the same as it is down here. *please don't rain next saturday*
omg this time next week I'll be in Norwich...

Haha, I had the same thought - I already live in Norfolk and it chucked it down this afternoon. For once I was glad our move in date is so late. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending