The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluenose14
The heavyweight division is crying out for someone fast and explosive to come and beat the Klitschkos. They're so boring. Somebody like a young Tyson would be nice.

Tyson Fury and David Price are the best prospects IMO, I would give them a decent shot at beating the Klitschkos.

Mike Perez has a very similar style to Tyson but doesn't have huge power, I'm not quite sold on him yet.

When the above fighters make the step up then we will see fireworks and I can't wait, hopefully a couple of years max until they fight the Klitschkos :biggrin:
Reply 3761
What time do you guys reckon the Mayweather Ortiz fight will start? 4am?
^Probably there abouts. Fights of that nature tend to start at that time. Going to skip it, But Floyd always seems so focused when it comes to boxing. He maybe hated but one thing he is, is a primed athlete. He keeps himself in great shape and doesn't let his weight drift up and down like Hatton did. That's partly a reason why he tends to overcome off the ring problems and perform in the ring. But since his win over Mosley, he's had alot more problems but I still think he'll edge past Ortiz.
Original post by Deshi
What time do you guys reckon the Mayweather Ortiz fight will start? 4am?

Probably more like 5 oclk!
Original post by Aky786UK
^Probably there abouts. Fights of that nature tend to start at that time. Going to skip it, But Floyd always seems so focused when it comes to boxing. He maybe hated but one thing he is, is a primed athlete. He keeps himself in great shape and doesn't let his weight drift up and down like Hatton did. That's partly a reason why he tends to overcome off the ring problems and perform in the ring. But since his win over Mosley, he's had alot more problems but I still think he'll edge past Ortiz.

Yeah think he will out do ortiz, just dont think ortiz has the skill set to match his own desire to be the best and beat mayweather. Its a shame really.
Has anyone got any links where you can watch fight?
Original post by brushless-man
Has anyone got any links where you can watch fight?

if you can spare a pound 50 streampro.tv is ALWAYS a safe bet - unless your being really cheap :tongue:
Reply 3767
Original post by jermaindefoe
if you can spare a pound 50 streampro.tv is ALWAYS a safe bet - unless your being really cheap :tongue:

That 50 pound is for like a year membership right. Not just for the fight.

What time is it 'expected' to start btw?
Reply 3768
I know its not going to happen but I'd love Ortiz to put him on his backside. Im watching the story build up and Mayweather is such an arrogant and self loving idiot he deserves a pounding.
Reply 3770

I was watching that one, this one is better though.

http://myp2p.bz/livesports.php

scroll down, second one is the best there.
Am looking forward to the alveraz v gomez fight, gomez was in the the first contender series (do you guys remember that show it was so awesome), alveraz will win imo by ring side stopage or retirement but i am hoping gomez can pull the upset.
Reply 3773
What a heap of absolute ****!

Worst fight ever! Ortiz hurt mayweather and the end was a farce! Absolute **** fight.
I take it Mayweather won?

Missed the earlier Tyson Fury fight which was 'shown' on channel 5. Apparently they messed up badly in terms of being able to feed the fight to its audience?!

God damn, just cannot sleep tonight. 3 bottles of peroni last night, that's all I had and it's messed my sleep up. Working 10hr shift tomorrow as well. FML.
Reply 3775
**** Cortez! that is some bull****. Floyd is NOT 42-0
Reply 3776
I've lost complete respect for Mayweather. Tw*t

And ortiz ure also an ass for that headbutt
(edited 12 years ago)
Bull****! HBO might not air any more of mayweather's fights, maybe his plan from the beginning to avoid the manny fight? Have to say though, his outburst was hilarious, when the commentator said he would kick his ass haha
(edited 12 years ago)
Ortiz deserved what he got, he tried a such a blatent headbutt it was disgraceful. This fight was a complete mess though.

Floyd shouldnt of done what he did but he did but ortiz deserved what he got. What if oteriz headbutt had actually caused damage to floyd resulting in him loosing the fight and having that loss i dont blame floyd at all, however the fight was a mess imo.
Original post by taliman
Bull****! HBO might not air any more of mayweather's fights, maybe his plan from the beginning to avoid the manny fight? Have to say though, his outburst was hilarious, when the commentator said he would kick his ass haha

LOL you joking right?

Latest