The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Got everything into my Lupton room very quickly - my room is HUGE and my flatmates are lovely :biggrin: We walked into the town to see the Damien Hirst gallery. I like them already!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 3901
Original post by Pendrive
hey guys, I have a query, i have been stupid and i did not confirm my slot for moving in times tomorrow and they are all booked up, so does anyone know if that is actually important and they wont let me move in, or is it ok? Also where do i give in my essential information form tomorrow with the two passport photos? :smile:

Confirm slot for moving in times? :s-smilie: Essential information form? :s-smilie:

Bah, bit late now i guess, will just see what happens tomorrow
Reply 3902
Original post by Dephect
Confirm slot for moving in times? :s-smilie: Essential information form? :s-smilie:

Bah, bit late now i guess, will just see what happens tomorrow

At the end of the residence eIntro, you are asked to choose a moving-in slot and at some point on the eIntro, you are also prompted to print off, complete and post an essential information form that has things like emergency contact numbers etc.
anyone know where we go to get student ID card/register with uni and doctors etc?
Original post by Bella Occhi
anyone know where we go to get student ID card/register with uni and doctors etc?

Not sure but I'm going there today - one of the girls in my flat already has hers so she'll know when to go xD
Original post by Muffinz
Not sure but I'm going there today - one of the girls in my flat already has hers so she'll know when to go xD

thought it was the SU but not sure -_- which block are you in again? I'm sitting here in my Block B room, all my flatmates are either asleep or hiding in their rooms xD
thought it was the SU but not sure -_- which block are you in again? I'm sitting here in my Block B room, all my flatmates are either asleep or hiding in their rooms xD

I'm in block F (right next to Reception and the laundry room, wahey), a few of us are awake but I'm not presentable yet haha. Want to meet up and head into town to get student cards/gym memberships later?
Original post by Muffinz
I'm in block F (right next to Reception and the laundry room, wahey), a few of us are awake but I'm not presentable yet haha. Want to meet up and head into town to get student cards/gym memberships later?

Yes please, that'd be lovely :biggrin: I'll PM you my Facebook so we can arrange details ^^
Reply 3908

You need to go to the Parkinson building to collect your ID and you can hand in the doctors registration form in there as well or you can take it directly to the medical practice.
Reply 3909
Ahhh all my flat mates are asleep :frown: kinda Lonely now lol
Reply 3910

Forgot what it's called, glass building on left side of parkinson (assuming you're facing parkinson) Got mine last monday :smile:, you don't need photo btw, just ID and registration certificate, which you can also get printed off in there but huge queue
Reply 3911
Original post by dmz
Forgot what it's called, glass building on left side of parkinson (assuming you're facing parkinson) Got mine last monday :smile:, you don't need photo btw, just ID and registration certificate, which you can also get printed off in there but huge queue

It's called the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building. Also, shouldn't you have to go to the Parkinson Building to collect your ID, that's where I had to go last year.
Original post by dmz

Original post by Gemini92
You need to go to the Parkinson building to collect your ID and you can hand in the doctors registration form in there as well or you can take it directly to the medical practice.

thank you :biggrin: went today but it was shut so gonna go tomorrow.
Reply 3913
thank you :biggrin: went today but it was shut so gonna go tomorrow.

My advice to you would be to get there fairly early. When I went last year, I was queueing for over two hours.
Reply 3914
took me like 5mins but everyone's moved in now
Reply 3915
Original post by dmz
took me like 5mins but everyone's moved in now

That's because you collected it before almost everyone else had moved in. If you had decided to collect your ID during freshers then you would have had a much longer wait.
My advice to you would be to get there fairly early. When I went last year, I was queueing for over two hours.

Noted - Do you know when it opens? My flatmate's going in at 8:30 for her lecture so I might tag along even though my Intro talk's at 2pm.

Duly noted, thanks for the heads up - not looking forward to that!
Reply 3918
Original post by Muffinz
Noted - Do you know when it opens? My flatmate's going in at 8:30 for her lecture so I might tag along even though my Intro talk's at 2pm.

I'm not sure when it opens as I can't remember from last year and I don't have to go this year.
Duly noted, thanks for the heads up - not looking forward to that!

Is Katy still blasting tunes out her lappy? :P