The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is completely random, but the face of Boe is Jack, right?
Original post by imperial maniac
This is completely random, but the face of Boe is Jack, right?

Yep which is why any attempts to show the possiblity of Jack getting killed off in episode previews never work...
(edited 12 years ago)
One of my favourites is Blink, especially when they teared the wallpaper to reveal the messages. Even though the episode had very little of the Doctor in it, it was amazing!
AAAAHAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111ELEVEN

I'll never forget those episodes for scaring me absolutely ****less as a child. Everything from the hand through the letterbox to the banana gun incident to the doctor dancing to the zombiefication of Richard Wilson to the emotional bit at the end where he hugs his mum and everything goes back to normal, fantastic.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Loved how in the time between first showing of it and second he'd completed it :biggrin:

Yes he does. As I said in the episode thread, he's the man he trusts most of all and yet he also is the man he hates the most in the entire universe.

But then what about Dr Who Confidential? If Merlin was on during the same time you would lose viewing figures from both.

If Merlin was 1st and than doctor who it would be appropriate. because merlin is more pg than doctor who.
Also the Waters of Mars scared me too! (though I guess it takes more to scare me since I'm now 22 but the worst aliens were definitely in the Doctor's daughter).
Hahaha, also when the guy at the end turned into an Ood and sneezed out his amygdala was so funny :giggle:. I have an odd sense of humour.
It was the Ood that persuaded my brother to unfortunatly, stop reaching the series =(' They terrified him.
I find the Weeping Angels more scary though...
Rory will come back. Don't worry, you guys.

Spoiler

:pierre:

The above is not a spoiler.
I liked this episode. Mostly because I enjoy it when they do the whole 'doctor as egomaniacal jackass' theme, 'cause it makes him an actual character rather than some impossibly perfect space Jesus. Don't get why it had to be a goddamn minotaur (you could very tenuously link it to the whole 'hotel as maze of fears' theme, I suppose), but **** it.
Original post by The Anti-Hero
Do you guys think the contents of the Doctor's room will be revealed before the series is over?

I don't think it will to be honest.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

The above is not a spoiler.

If the above was a spoiler it would be pretty damn amazing
Yay new signature :sexface:
Apologies if the following have already been speculated upon - I've been away for the weekend:

- I think my previous theory about there being more than one Doctor here is pretty well supported (if I may say so myself :tongue:), although they both seem to have the same timeline. I'll explain: the Doctor had blue bow-tie on in this episode, but in the next episode he had his long coat again. I'm fairly sure this isn't just a random costume change because it's happened too many times now. But, as I said, their timelines and past events seem to be congruent - in Let's Kill Hitler, both Doctors were dying and in yesterday's episode, both Doctors seem to be without Amy/Rory (the Doctor goes away on his own at the end and there is no sign of Amy/Rory in next week's episode with the long-coated Doctor).

I did get the impression today that there were two Doctor's running around that hotel - the switch from the Doctor sitting at the table with the first possessed guy (the gambler) to the Doctor picking him up on that chair lift thingy seemed too sudden (guess it could have been poor cinematography) and there was a clip with the Doctor running around the hotel, and he appeared twice running in opposite directions (although I suppose the hotel rooms do change so that might be the reason). Either way, I got the sense there was more to today's episode than meets the eye.

Also, I got the impression that the squished nose I-like-to-be-defeated guy is more important than we think. I was expecting all through the episode for him to turn out to be the bad guy.
Original post by Phobia27

God, that made me crack up.

I can look at your signature forever o.o

Bahahaaa, he looks like a little rag doll glued to the door!
Reply 6737

omg your sig :rofl:
hamijack

He didn't actually say anything...He just also has a cool sig pic, and I hadnt seen him here, so I'm bringing him here :awesome:
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
He didn't actually say anything...He just also has a cool sig pic, and I hadnt seen him here, so I'm bringing him here :awesome:

Well I've never been brought anywhere on the internet before.....and I do like Dr Who.......

Latest