The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by such_a_lady
Exactly, which is what I tried to say to my form tutor because my German ones especially were rather good if I may say so myself, but he mumbled something about it not being necessary -.-

You tell him girl!

Also, I like how we've bonded with our stalkers <3 naww
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
It will probably go like this &quot;HEEEEEEEEEEEELP ESSAY CRISIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY AM I ON TSR?????&quot;

:biggrin:

Probably, but you SO know that I will probably be dying to hear what you're doing in the languagey side of things :biggrin:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
You tell him girl!

Also, I like how we've bonded with our stalkers &lt;3 naww

Oh, qwerty and I go way back to when I was begging him for advice on applying for languages like six months ago :teehee:
Oh, qwerty and I go way back to when I was begging him for advice on applying for languages like six months ago :teehee:

Awwww.
P.S. DOWNTON ABBEY TODAY

for anyone else who's also counting down the seconds till 9! :biggrin:
P.S. DOWNTON ABBEY TODAY

I really want to watch it but I haven't got time :frown: :frown: :frown:

OH NO! :frown: whyever not! there is no good reason for not watching!

But you've got time to waste on TSR :wink:
P.S. DOWNTON ABBEY TODAY

I'm counting with you! :biggrin:
So did you guys get asked the same questions?

Aha sounds like something I would do, If all else fails meow and pretend to be a cat? The same thing happened to be on Friday! Well, I was trying to go in through the exit *awkward* and he shouted at me. I get a feeling ChCh porters are not to be messed with, they probably get alot of tourist hassle etc. haha its like being a spy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGRoR3ICAXw

Oxford terms are so short/start very late. But it'll be worth the wait!

No, we were all given different texts it seems (for the first interview). Then for French Sole the applicants were all given the same philosophical extract to test our ability to cope with it (It was a Prelims text) I guess they wanted a more direct comparison for that seeing as the Philosophy is quite a challenging part of the course and you may never have come across some concepts.

Hehe I felt smug being able to walk past the 'College Closed' sign and I swaggered my way past a group of tourists, entered the main gate then subsequently remembered I hadn't been given an infra-red lock to unlock the secondary security gate so I had to stand there and wait for ages like a pillock - that put me in my place :P

Original post by Jorgeyy
I am going to try and be the 1st year that takes care of the tortoise if I get in...

Come at me bro!

Going for a shower, pm me your Skype if you use it?

It would be good to be friends with a member from Trinity, if only for protection!!

I don't have Skype yet....though I probably should get it seeing as I'm leaving in like 2 weeks :s-smilie:
Joking aside, Balliol's a lovely college (I hope none of the other Trinity freshers are reading this!) I actually had lunch in the hall for a philosophy trip and one of the students was like, "Welcome to the family" when he found out I had an offer - that made my day :biggrin:

Exactly, which is what I tried to say to my form tutor because my German ones especially were rather good if I may say so myself, but he mumbled something about it not being necessary -.-

In what world are good module scores not necessary? Though I guess he means you'll beast the interviews anyway so you won't need to point them out?

In any case you should push to have them mentioned, even just in passing - it'll probably put you in good stead with Oxford (though they'll rely on their own assessments for the final decision) but beyond that it might tip the balance for other universities who don't have separate tests or interviews. (Though I'm sure your PS will convince them anyway :wink:)

Haha we do indeed go 'way back' :wink: It's always good to talk to people who evidently love language learning as much as I :biggrin:

Btw: Who sent me that lovely message along with a personal rep?? Please receive my thanks :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5730
Original post by radio1
just killing time on youtube, superproductive me eh

tell me about it, i've been spending most of my time sleeping/watching telly instead of cracking on my reading list :frown:

Btw: Who sent me that lovely message along with a personal rep?? Please receive my thanks :smile:

You're welcome, I hope I didn't sound too stalkerish :colondollar: :tongue: I just really appreciate all your advice :smile:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
You're welcome, I hope I didn't sound too stalkerish :colondollar: :tongue: I just really appreciate all your advice :smile:

Awww thanks - it's always nice to know I'm helping (rather than just invading :colondollar:)

Good luck with your application!

I expect to see a fine crop of language offers for TSR this year!
P.S. DOWNTON ABBEY TODAY

Pffft. MOTD2 is on at 10pm :h:
Awww thanks - it's always nice to know I'm helping (rather than just invading :colondollar:)

Good luck with your application!

I expect to see a fine crop of language offers for TSR this year!

Thank you :smile: Aha I hope so! It's so encouraging to see other language applicants on TSR, sometimes it's easy to think that there are hardly any of us out there! :rolleyes:

Yeah, everyone is so nice!

Well, mine is jorgerobins if you decide to get it, it's pretty decent just for the text chat as nobody has msn these days!

Should probably get on with this work now... >.>
Original post by dnumberwang
Pffft. MOTD2 is on at 10pm :h:

What a guy thing to say. I actually had to google that, you did mean Match of the Day right?
Reply 5737

I'm so jealous about your college parents! I didnt even talk to mine very much apart from a basic hi and see you in october :frown:
What a guy thing to say. I actually had to google that, you did mean Match of the Day right?

:dontknow:

Yep, that's what it is :tongue:
Original post by dnumberwang
:dontknow:

Yep, that's what it is :tongue:

Why boys like football... I'll never understand. But yeah Go Man U! (not that I support any team) :2euk48l:

Latest

Trending

Trending