The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenl93
Did that today :biggrin: Only because this morning the first thing i thought was "hmm. 12 days till the end of September. OMFG 12 DAYS TILL THE END OF SEPTEMBER AND MY PERSONAL STATEMENT IS NOWHERE" -jumps out of bed in similar manner to when you realise your late for work-

I have to give it back to my tutor by the end of september just about finished so that it can be sent off earlier than october 15th

Now need to redraft and make it 1000 characters less fancy :frown:

ha thats basically what i was like, and it was also the day before i said i'd go see my old guidance teacher at school....and did not actually have a personal statement to show her :')

she thought it was quite good though, not bad for writing it the day before :colone:

cos i'm kinda applying through school i think i have to stick to their deadline, which is next week, **** that though i haven't even filled out my details on ucas, i got bored on like the 2nd section
Wut.

Pharmacy hours = 8.5 Hospital hours = 18 and 3 quarters
= 27 hours and 15 mins.

Plus i have to work christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day and new years day. Hate mon life.

I'm saving all my moneys to pay for my full years accomodation :h:
I need an ensuite room for freshers for all the jager-induced vomiting i'll be doing.
:cool:

lmao.
Money used for alcohol > experience

Us reapp freshers will just have more money at freshers week therefore will be the most pissed and unconscious. get the **** in.

It's gonna be a blast, Messy won't be the half of it.

Doubt I'll be unconscious though, I can hold my drink :P
Hmm. 22 days till the first day of me raping hotmail with the F5 button. Best be getting this statement done eh lads

I still need to get mine sorted after sending last years to one of the PS helpers a week or so ago....UCAS is fuuun.

Better get to work now :mad:
Original post by joemullally

Oh i'll be unconscious. It's what a dooooooo. (when someoneo gives me vodka- which im queen of not handling :ninja:)

So goddamn jealous of my friends and their freshers weeks

One of my mates gong to leicester med school has a freshers week that last two weeks
And here i am... with microsoft word open... waiting for my PS to be opened...
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh i'll be unconscious. It's what a dooooooo. (when someoneo gives me vodka- which im queen of not handling :ninja:)

So goddamn jealous of my friends and their freshers weeks

One of my mates gong to leicester med school has a freshers week that last two weeks
And here i am... with microsoft word open... waiting for my PS to be opened...

Went out last night which was a giggle.
Started off at my mates mums party (where my mates and that were working a cocktail bar for her, so I drank vodka and coke which obviously counts as a cocktail)
Then decided to find a guy who was having the second half of his 18th at about half ten
Couldn't find the guy I was trying to find, ended up meeting some freshers, drinking with them for a bit, then met a mate of mine who studies here and ended up partying in this post grad persons room.
It was a strange night.
got in at three, was decent.
Reply 3665
the 15th October is starting to look horribly close...
how have people done generally in the Ukcat? took mine the other day and got 722.5, was preeeetty chuffed with that, has everyone done better or worse than last year?
where is everybody applying? i haven't got a clue! :/
Reply 3666
Wut.

= 27 hours and 15 mins.

Plus i have to work christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day and new years day. Hate mon life.

I need an ensuite room for freshers for all the jager-induced vomiting i'll be doing.

lmao.

Us reapp freshers will just have more money at freshers week therefore will be the most pissed and unconscious. get the **** in.

I'm pretty sure you are the reason people talk about medics having the most parties... Although after friday night, I can hardly talk. I was wasted before I even left the house, and it just went downhill from there. I was a good kind of drunk though, where everything is just hilarious!

Being a lightweight means cheaper nights out though! :wink:

Just got back from sending la boyfriend to la university. Very odd, still hasn't hit me that I'll see him roughly every month for the next five years and thats it :/ I'm sure I'll be sad later. He left me loads of box sets to keep me occupied ahaha, and I'm taking up scrapbooking with a little book of memories me and my friends did before they left :love:

Anyone else feel like gap yah has finally started?
Reply 3667
does anybody have an idea of the rough UKCAT cut off score for Barts & the london? Or know roughly what it was last year?
Original post by twelve
I'm pretty sure you are the reason people talk about medics having the most parties... Although after friday night, I can hardly talk. I was wasted before I even left the house, and it just went downhill from there. I was a good kind of drunk though, where everything is just hilarious!

Just got back from sending la boyfriend to la university. Very odd, still hasn't hit me that I'll see him roughly every month for the next five years and thats it :/ I'm sure I'll be sad later. He left me loads of box sets to keep me occupied ahaha, and I'm taking up scrapbooking with a little book of memories me and my friends did before they left :love:

Yeah it has, I've allready met new people and done the whole have a laugh thing. I've worked over the summer, and all my mates have gone that are going to go.
Can I PLEASE GO TO UNI NOW?

I feel like i've done a year in a month :P
Original post by tiggix
does anybody have an idea of the rough UKCAT cut off score for Barts & the london? Or know roughly what it was last year?

Check the applicant thread.
They've changed the application system
you need over 600 on the ukcat and then they rank for interview based on ukcat tariff.

Anything over 600 is fine.
Reply 3670
Original post by twelve

My boyfriend left today too, it feels like my gap year is dragging on already :tongue:
Wut.

= 27 hours and 15 mins.

lmao.

I dont want an ensuite room. I'm really looking forward to arguing with peeps about who messed up the toilet... and drawing up cleaning rotas.... Yes that's my idea of FUN!!! :biggrin: (y)
Original post by tkoki1993
I dont want an ensuite room. I'm really looking forward to arguing with peeps about who messed up the toilet... and drawing up cleaning rotas.... Yes that's my idea of FUN!!! :biggrin: (y)

Whuuuu . . . . . ?
Reply 3673
Original post by Tinth
My boyfriend left today too, it feels like my gap year is dragging on already :tongue:

Mine left today as well :frown: I don't miss him yet, but it was wierd saying goodbye while knowing I won't seee him at all for a few weeks :/

Original post by tkoki1993

Oh god, I so hope I'll be able to afford an ensuite. I don't mind sharing for second year, because then at least I know who I'll be sharing with. First year though, I want to have an ensuite or at most
like 2 people to a bathroom...
Whuuuu . . . . . ?

oooo forgot to tell y'all im strange and love planning and organising lol
Reply 3675
Oh man, am I making a huge mistake by not going to far flung corners of the earth like Kenya, Australia or Peru? I just feel like its a huge time and money sink when I have a fair amount of very useful stuff going on here in terms of volunteering and work experience. It's what you can say about your experiences that counts, right, and whether or not you actually enjoy them and what you gain from them? Someone reassure me please! :P
Well this weekend was not productive and rather depressing as everyone left for uni... Hope you all had a nicer weekend!
I can't relax at all. So many things to be done. :frown:
Original post by Tinth

My sister just ****ed off to uni after her gap year, I had to needlessly endure another year of her!!

I'm bored all ready :frown:
Can't do anything like travelling until A-****ing-pril...
Reply 3679
Original post by Limesasquatch
My sister just ****ed off to uni after her gap year, I had to needlessly endure another year of her!!

I'm bored all ready :frown:
Can't do anything like travelling until A-****ing-pril...

Just think, our parents have to endure another year of us :/

Just realised my sister is probably thinking the same about me that you thought about yours...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending