The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vikesh17
I haven't even got a login username or password? Which means I can't buy the freshers wristband or freshers tickets, pretty frustrating! :P

Same I've had nothing sent 2 me. It does say you can buy them when you move and im moving tomorrow so im hopin to just buy it then! :-s
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Bandelera
Less than a week to go now. Has anyone had their pre-enrolment email or login details yet?

Got mine yesterday.
I recieved an email telling me to expect the online pre-enrolment in the next few days. Ok....
Reply 103
Original post by a_hussain
I will be living at home so how can I enjoy the night outs and I don't want to be coming home drunk.

Same. Which city you living in?
Reply 104
Anyone else late with their Student Finance?
Original post by Costalo
Anyone else late with their Student Finance?

Me. I enroll tomorrow too, so I bet I get some jip because of it.
Reply 106
Original post by XxSophie01xX
Me. I enroll tomorrow too, so I bet I get some jip because of it.

Oh good, it's nice to know I'm not the only one :smile: I'm enrolling tomorrow too but I won't get my money for probably another 3/4 weeks. I've been waiting 3 weeks for my Identity Confirmation form to be signed :rolleyes:
Original post by Costalo
Oh good, it's nice to know I'm not the only one :smile: I'm enrolling tomorrow too but I won't get my money for probably another 3/4 weeks. I've been waiting 3 weeks for my Identity Confirmation form to be signed :rolleyes:

Oh I had a lot of problems with that. I got it signed first by a social worker and they sent it back with no explanation telling me it was wrong. And the bastards have still got my birth certificate. What course are you doing?
Reply 108
Oh I had a lot of problems with that. I got it signed first by a social worker and they sent it back with no explanation telling me it was wrong. And the bastards have still got my birth certificate. What course are you doing?

Wow. They can be complete retards sometimes. I'm doing Criminology, what about you?.
Original post by Costalo
Wow. They can be complete retards sometimes. I'm doing Criminology, what about you?.

Oooh that sounds like it'll be interesting. I'm doing English Lit :smile:
Reply 110
I recieved an email telling me to expect the online pre-enrolment in the next few days. Ok....

I'm one step ahead of you. I've completed the pre-enrolment but after it says you have to wait for another email from them for "full" enrolment. Still nothing!
Reply 111
Oooh that sounds like it'll be interesting. I'm doing English Lit :smile:

Very nice. Are you planning on attending any of the Freshers events?
Reply 112

I'm shocked they haven't sent it to you yet, they sent mine about 2 weeks ago. I'm still yet to recieve a Freshers pack though..
It's a bit of a mess isn't it?! I have to go in tomorrow anyway so I can ask them.
anyone doing accounting and finance? so nervous, dont know anyone thats going there. and btw is freshers week important. whats it all about? :s-smilie:
Reply 115
Original post by cookie_crumble
anyone doing accounting and finance? so nervous, dont know anyone thats going there. and btw is freshers week important. whats it all about? :s-smilie:

It's not that important, though you have to go to enrollment so you can actually enroll on your course and it's recommended you go to the induction lecture so you can get your timetable - besides from that, you don't have to go to anything else really.

It's basically just a week for students to get to know each other before lectures start, and to register as a student at the University.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Costalo

Original post by Costalo
It's not that important, though you have to go to enrollment so you can actually enroll on your course and it's recommended you go to the induction lecture so you can get your timetable - besides from that, you don't have to go to anything else really.

It's basically just a week for students to get to know each other before lectures start, and to register as a student at the University.

ah thanx. still very nervous about starting uni, but then i guess eveyone is on the same boat. dont know the campus well too so planned to go early, hope its easier than i think
(edited 12 years ago)
I attended yesterday for the induction class and was told that we don't enrol until next Thursday. I bet the SF doesn't come through til' after then. Need my money!
Reply 118
That event last night was a joke. I've been going clubbing and raving for about six or so years now and I couldn't believe how bad it was. Oversold event with people who weren't freshers in there, over priced drinks and tons of people with bad attitudes. Just because this is your first time leaving home doesn't mean you can act like a brat...
Glad I wasn't the only one who got annoyed, we had a better time on the way there and there was people who don't even go to uni in there. It was a joke tbh that's why I'm seriously debating going to any other events. As to those still waiting on SF, I enrolled last Wednesday and mine came through today. I'm pretty sure you don't get it until about a week after you have fully enrolled, o and just a quick tip if you have to do a CICT induction personally It makes you wonder how stupid some people are when they teach you how to use a computer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending