The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by such_a_lady
I didn't have time to say this on Friday, but....
MY UCAS FORM IS DONE :biggrin:
All I need to do is pay £22 and wait impatiently for my reference to be done. I asked my form tutor to put in some of my UMS marks but he said something vague about academic ability instead -.-
I'm so happy :biggrin: And I quite like my PS; I think it reads quite nicely :smile: Fingers crossed it all goes well!

Unfortunately this morning I ended up having an argument with my boyfriend because he believes the British system of personal statements and stuff is "stupid" and that we have to write ours as if the people reading them are stupid -.- "I did this and it was a great experience because"...needless to say I absolutely ripped into the American system with its emphasis on ECs rather than actual academics, and its liking of people who can donate millions to the college, and the alumni system...oh, and then to add insult to injury, because American unis demand like $75 per university application, he's speanign his wages on that, meaning he's not coming to visit me in October as we'd planned. I'm fairly upset :frown:

SVEN you were meant to be sending me your PS!!

ahhh congratulations! I cant believe you have everything finished, I'm jealous of your skills. :tongue:
Reply 5761
Original post by radio1
What shows you like? :smile:

Ye I'm this weirdo who either watches Friends online, or who watches Czech stupid soap operas. Feel free to judge me. (I judge myself too xD)
Original post by punctuation
ahhh congratulations! I cant believe you have everything finished, I'm jealous of your skills. :tongue:

When are you planning to send yours off? :biggrin: really should practice for the TSA LOL
Original post by nightmare91
Now it's getting all personal, how mean!!! :mad:

:biggrin:

No, it was a serious question!! I keep forgetting to tell you that I keep seeing this rather fit guy in Waitrose who actually looks a little like you (but taller), and his hair is the same shade of AWFUL as yours, clearly dyed, and the first time I saw him I kept looking at him so curiously and I think he thought I was a bit weird...

Original post by Brand New Eyes
Is he really? You guys met! awww Did you all go to the July open day or something :frown:

and lots of guys dye their hair! ... most of them I know ahem, play for the other team but it could be manly :P

No, it's really not :biggrin:
Original post by BeritV
Ye I'm this weirdo who either watches Friends online, or who watches Czech stupid soap operas. Feel free to judge me. (I judge myself too xD)

Ahahaha my boyfriend does this; he has tons of Friends episodes saved on his computer and I watched The One Where Paul (I think) is the Man with him in Germany :biggrin:

Ahh thankyou! I got almost everything done before the summer which was certainly a plus. Also Banoffeepie16 motivated me to just finish it off :biggrin:

Ahh thankyou! I got almost everything done before the summer which was certainly a plus. Also Banoffeepie16 motivated me to just finish it off :biggrin:

Glad I can be of help :L
And I love that Friends episode too! Can't believe E4 aren't showing Friends anymore :frown:

No, it's really not :biggrin:

Really not what?
Reply 5767
290 pages already. last time i looked this was at 5 or so o.O
Really not what?

Manly :wink:
When are you planning to send yours off? :biggrin: really should practice for the TSA LOL

Probably October 13 or 14. :P I'll get extremely neurotic if I send it off before then and notice a mistake or something. I don't know! Besides, I need to talk to my teachers about predicted grades, and the later I do so, the better the prediction will be. :lol:

I need to practice as well... :emo:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Glad I can be of help :L
And I love that Friends episode too! Can't believe E4 aren't showing Friends anymore :frown:

You can always watch it on Comedy Central if you have Sky :smile: And looking at your sig, just saying, i love Baudelaire :love:

Probably October 13 or 14. :P I'll get extremely neurotic if I send it off before then and notice a mistake or something.

Exactly the same! I even get a bit worried when saving my GCSEs into UCAS, because i think i might accidentally click something to finalise everything and break it all :mmm:
I've already done Pay/Send :colondollar: It's not actually been sent off yet, though :tongue:
It's not even the second week of school and I'm already having an actual nervous breakdown :frown: feel very pathetic.
Original post by manic_fuzz
Exactly the same! I even get a bit worried when saving my GCSEs into UCAS, because i think i might accidentally click something to finalise everything and break it all :mmm:

Oh god yes. I click save and it's like OH NO PLEASE AHHH oh it's okay never mind BUT WAIT STOP EVERYTHING no it's good now
It's not even the second week of school and I'm already having an actual nervous breakdown :frown: feel very pathetic.

Don't worry..it'll blow away very soon hopefully :smile:
Original post by dnumberwang
I've already done Pay/Send :colondollar: It's not actually been sent off yet, though :tongue:

Someone's eager! :tongue:

Aww, i'm guessing you have loads of work? :frown: Though, there's no doubt that you'll be fine, and you're obvioooously not pathetic :hugs:

Oh god yes. I click save and it's like OH NO PLEASE AHHH oh it's okay never mind BUT WAIT STOP EVERYTHING no it's good now

I feel your pain :rofl:
Someone's eager! :tongue:

or careless, considering I've only given the PS to my teachers thrice and TSR nonce :colondollar: :dontknow:

Ah well, I'm fairly confident
Original post by dnumberwang
or careless, considering I've only given the PS to my teachers thrice and TSR nonce :colondollar: :dontknow:

Ah well, I'm fairly confident

Either way, well done :tongue:

I have yet to finish my PS... :emo:
Reply 5778
Hi

I am trying to decide on a college, and any help would be very much appreciated.
I am applying for English and have narrowed it down to either:

Magdalen
or
Christ Church

If anyone could provide me with any information that might help choose between these two, I would be very grateful.
Reply 5779
I have yet to finish my PS... :emo:

Same. I had it finished twice though but always found something I wanted differently and changed the whole thing - that damn character limit :colondollar:

I also should start practicing for the TSA...

Latest

Trending

Trending