The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twelve
Just think, our parents have to endure another year of us :/
Just realised my sister is probably thinking the same about me that you thought about yours...

My sister was gutted that I didn't get in. Her and my other sister share a room and it was hilarious to see her face drop when she realised they'd have to share for another year as well as being stuck with me :')
Reply 3681
Original post by Quackers93
My sister was gutted that I didn't get in. Her and my other sister share a room and it was hilarious to see her face drop when she realised they'd have to share for another year as well as being stuck with me :')

Hahaha, oh god, at least me and my sister don't have to share...

I think I would be sisterless by now if I had to do that.
Original post by twelve
Just think, our parents have to endure another year of us :/

Just realised my sister is probably thinking the same about me that you thought about yours...

Naaa, our parents LOVE us... I think :colondollar: We da best :biggrin:

My sister didn't do anything in her gap year, just stay at home all the time to piss me off, so no spare room to move my drum kit into, so I had to walk sideways through my room more than I'd like to...
Reply 3683
Original post by Limesasquatch
Naaa, our parents LOVE us... I think :colondollar: We da best :biggrin:

My sister didn't do anything in her gap year, just stay at home all the time to piss me off, so no spare room to move my drum kit into, so I had to walk sideways through my room more than I'd like to...

Such a hardship!

How on earth did you cope?! /sarcasm
Original post by twelve
Such a hardship!

How on earth did you cope?! /sarcasm

First world problem... :biggrin:

I'm so sad.
Reply 3685
Hi,

I am an international student. I got 4A* for Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology and a UKCAT score of 627.5 overall. I plan to apply to King's, Queen Mary, UCL and Bristol. Do you guys think my choices are reasonable?
Hi guys! Not very happy today, my old school has just decided I am not doing my UCAS through them so I have to do as a private candidate and I have no idea how to do this!

Lets ask UCAS, I guess.
Actually, its not that complicated :P
Reply 3688
Original post by areyousure?
Hi guys! Not very happy today, my old school has just decided I am not doing my UCAS through them so I have to do as a private candidate and I have no idea how to do this!

Lets ask UCAS, I guess.

Oh no :frown: I assume it'll be fairly straightforward... But how are they going to do your references?

Just had a very odd email exchange with my form tutor - my reference said I got 4A*'s, and I thought it was 3. So I tell her that, so she can change it, and she says my college records say I did get 4, so she's going to check it out for me. Its like results day all over again! :s-smilie:
Original post by twelve
Oh no :frown: I assume it'll be fairly straightforward... But how are they going to do your references?

Just had a very odd email exchange with my form tutor - my reference said I got 4A*'s, and I thought it was 3. So I tell her that, so she can change it, and she says my college records say I did get 4, so she's going to check it out for me. Its like results day all over again! :s-smilie:

My school said they would still do my reference if I don't find someone else....

OMG, thats weird! don't you have like your statement of results?

Also, did you comment on my blog? I thin its you soo thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 3690
My school said they would still do my reference if I don't find someone else....

OMG, thats weird! don't you have like your statement of results?

Also, did you comment on my blog? I thin its you soo thanks! :biggrin:

Who else would you find? :s-smilie:

Yeahh I do, and I tried to average it, and I didn't get above 90.... But then its Further Maths that they think I got an A* for, and the modules are wierd - I'm not even sure how to work it out.

Haha, yeah that was me :biggrin:
Good news is Southampton said I can apply to them because I have AAB as a resit applicant :P HAPPY!

Original post by twelve
Who else would you find? :s-smilie:

Yeahh I do, and I tried to average it, and I didn't get above 90.... But then its Further Maths that they think I got an A* for, and the modules are wierd - I'm not even sure how to work it out.

Haha, yeah that was me :biggrin:

hahah you should do the challenge thing is soo much fun :P

Oh yea FM is soo weird! Well don't worry about it, just relax!

Well, my school is not being very helpful at the moment so if they don't feel like having to log onto UCAS I would ask a teacher to do it externally.
Reply 3692
Original post by abhi1393
Oh man, am I making a huge mistake by not going to far flung corners of the earth like Kenya, Australia or Peru? I just feel like its a huge time and money sink when I have a fair amount of very useful stuff going on here in terms of volunteering and work experience. It's what you can say about your experiences that counts, right, and whether or not you actually enjoy them and what you gain from them? Someone reassure me please! :P

Course you dont have to go to far flung Africa(cliche) to get work experience -there's plenty in uk!
Original post by hntv
Hi,

I am an international student. I got 4A* for Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology and a UKCAT score of 627.5 overall. I plan to apply to King's, Queen Mary, UCL and Bristol. Do you guys think my choices are reasonable?

Are you a re-applicant? No? Well get lost then!!

I joke.

Are these A levels you took? If so, you need to be careful as some uni's won't consider Further maths as your 4th subject :s-smilie:

And you need BMAT for UCL. I think your UKCAT will suffice for the other choices, although I'm not clued up on those Med schools too well, so you should check into them - or hope someone better can help you :biggrin:
What are the chances of getting a medicine offer after resitting year 12, doing year 13 not applying for some reason, getting all A*'s, , and then taking a gap year to apply for med?
Original post by nmudz_009
What are the chances of getting a medicine offer after resitting year 12, doing year 13 not applying for some reason, getting all A*'s, , and then taking a gap year to apply for med?

The chances of you getting an interview offer from a place that will accept you as a resit candidate, then the chances of how well you do in the interview. Plus the chances of you applying to med schools that will accept you :tongue:

Noone can say for sure jaut get emailing unis!
Well this weekend was not productive and rather depressing as everyone left for uni... Hope you all had a nicer weekend!

I admit, I thought I wasn't going to be that sad when everyone leaves (because I'll see them again) but by god, when everyone did leave I was an emotional wreck.

What unis you applying to?

Edit: Sorry, just read your blog. I'm guessing you're still applying to the ones in your blog?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tzarchasm
I admit, I thought I wasn't going to be that sad when everyone leaves (because I'll see them again) but by god, when everyone did leave I was an emotional wreck.

What unis you applying to?

Edit: Sorry, just read your blog. I'm guessing you're still applying to the ones in your blog?

Same here!! :P But its okay, we'll soon leave too !

Not very sure which ones I have put down on my blog as I change every 5 mins... for now its Liverpool, Lancaster, Peninsula and Southampton.

What about you?
Reply 3698
I'm thinking of swapping Peninsula for Southhampton or Barts now :/

I'm not entirely sure why, the more I think about it, the more I feel like applying to Peninsula isn't right for me. I have to keep reminding myself why I'm applying there, which isn't exactly a good sign. I think maybe its because their admissions isn't quite as clear cut as the other places I'm applying.... but maybe its something completely different.

Everything I'm seeing about Barts is making me think I'd like it, but I just have a thing against living in London I think. I don't know why :/ And I haven't done much research into Southhampton, but the whole no interview thing sounds like it would be good for me.
Reply 3699
Hi, yay for re applicants! I have UKCAT: 627.5, ALevels: A*A*Aaac, GCSE: 6A*6A.
Fingers crossed for this year, applying to Newcastle, Leeds, Bristol, Kings for Medicine and probs either Leeds or Newcastle for BioChem.

Currently applying for jobs which is pretty much soul destroying! Hope for one soon although also applied for JSA so if you are still looking but not getting anywhere or just volunteering, defo apply and get some dollar! I think you can get £54 a week (?)

Also doing my PS again and cringing at last years! Thankfully my school are helping me, more in fact than they did last year!

Good luck with all your UCAS! Sharing the pain of the bezzies going to Uni and leaving us behind!!

Quick Reply

Latest