The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nightmare91
I won't tell you :wink: it's a secret :colone:

Btw. Got my english exam back, only 13 points (89%) :emo: stupid mistakes...

How long did it take to get your english paper back? (still waiting for mine)
Reply 5801
Original post by dnumberwang

Nah but I'm sort of fluent :tongue:

aaah wow! are you Chinese? :smile:
Original post by Chr0n
Same. I had it finished twice though but always found something I wanted differently and changed the whole thing - that damn character limit :colondollar:

Hate the limits! I thought I was doing well because i was quite a lot of characters under the limit, but oh no, I'm 4 lines over once I put it into UCAS :frown:

Original post by Banoffeepie16
Yes I'm waiting for it to start :biggrin:
Ah, me too, I couldn't resist a quote in my sig :love:.

It's funny how you say that you're 'waiting' as if it's going to be some kind'f new series :rofl: And oh yes, he's worth a sig!
Original post by annadev
aaah wow! are you Chinese? :smile:

Yep :ninja:

Born in Manchester :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Has anybody actually sent their ucas off yet?
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
We are watching......

Also, I'm interested to see which of the regular posters get in.....:redface:
(Though by the time offers come out I'll probably be frantically revising for collections)

This is terrible, it's like we're a reality TV show or something! :eek: :tongue:
Original post by anyone_can_fly

Original post by anyone_can_fly
This is terrible, it's like we're a reality TV show or something! :eek: :tongue:
I wonder if anyone within the Oxford staff is keeping an eye on this thread :tongue:
Original post by snow leopard
How long did it take to get your english paper back? (still waiting for mine)

I'm not doing the A Levels but it only took them less than 2 weeks which is quite nice :smile:
Original post by fluteflute
I wonder if anyone within the Oxford staff is keeping an eye on this thread :tongue:

Lol that would be terrible!!! They'd think we are all crazy because we got a spreadsheet and tried to beat Cambridge by just writing complete nonsense :biggrin:
Reply 5809
Looking for application advice, not sure if this is the right thread :P

I'm applying to Oxford to do physics, do you think that I stand a chance?
GCSE's: 8A* 3A 1B
AS levels: Physics B, Maths A, Further Maths A, Chemistry A, History A
A2 Predictions: A*A*AA (now dropped history)

I'm worried about my AS B, it was 5 UMS off, although Oxford won't care about excuses I suppose. Also I self taught FM so that might gain me some credit, all advice appreciated :smile:
Original post by HillyG

Original post by HillyG
Looking for application advice, not sure if this is the right thread :P

I'm applying to Oxford to do physics, do you think that I stand a chance?
GCSE's: 8A* 3A 1B
AS levels: Physics B, Maths A, Further Maths A, Chemistry A, History A
A2 Predictions: A*A*AA (now dropped history)

I'm worried about my AS B, it was 5 UMS off, although Oxford won't care about excuses I suppose. Also I self taught FM so that might gain me some credit, all advice appreciated :smile:
The B is clearly far from ideal, but the rest of your application looks strong. You need to get revising for the PAT, as Oxford put a lot of emphasis on pre-interview tests :smile:

I seriously hope they're not :\
Original post by Tobedotty
Has anybody actually sent their ucas off yet?

Me! :biggrin:
on the 7th
Original post by nightmare91
Lol that would be terrible!!! They'd think we are all crazy because we got a spreadsheet and tried to beat Cambridge by just writing complete nonsense :biggrin:
Original post by Tobedotty
I seriously hope they're not :\
There are some Oxford people around (for example the Oxford CS department has an account! And one of that department's tutors posts a bit too). I expect this thread grows too fast for anyone to monitor though (after all it would be practically a full time job :wink:)
Anyone applying with AABB at AS? I'm not sure whether I should. I want to do Earth Science which isn't that competitive but I don't want to waste a choice. The B's are borderline A's aswell, I will be retaking 1 module from each paper to bring back to an A.
Reply 5815

Yep :ninja:

Born in Manchester :tongue:

ahh fab! :smile: so what are you applying for?!
Reply 5816
Okay, so not sure where exactly this post should be going but would like a realistic opinion on my chances of getting in
Got 5A*'s and 6.5A's at GCSE
Got AAAB at AS level and i am expected to be predicted A*A*AA
I am aware that they could be better but just dont know whether i should put all my eggs in the oxford PPE basket, i know its an extremely competitive course.
I come from a pretty mediocre state school too so hopefully i can swing that in my favour too haha, anyway, any advice is appreciated guys!
Reply 5817
God you people that have sent off the UCAS form already make me nervous. I mean I only just gave my draft to my teachers for reviewing...

Who is applying for PPE in here?
Original post by Chr0n
God you people that have sent off the UCAS form already make me nervous. I mean I only just gave my draft to my teachers for reviewing...

Who is applying for PPE in here?

Almost everyone, add yourself to our famous spreadsheet :biggrin:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CMTUkYUO&key=0Ahtu7FJUHwgsdHJsRE1aa0hQdl9rOWY3MHVqTmUteHc&hl=en_US&authkey=CMTUkYUO#gid=2
There are some Oxford people around (for example the Oxford CS department has an account! And one of that department's tutors posts a bit too). I expect this thread grows too fast for anyone to monitor though (after all it would be practically a full time job :wink:)

Maybe the cs staff member merely monitors cs applicants. Start getting worried fluteflute :ninja:

Latest

Trending

Trending