The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RollerBall
Oh mate, I was such a state. I didn't eat anything all day as I didn't have time between travelling and stuff. What a mistake that was. I don't remember anything past ~half 10 or something when I went to sit outside Good Sams to chunder.

LMAO. That is all.

:p:

One min, you were fine. Next minute we see you, GONE. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RollerBall
Oh mate, I was such a state. I didn't eat anything all day as I didn't have time between travelling and stuff. What a mistake that was. I don't remember anything past ~half 10 or something when I went to sit outside Good Sams to chunder.

MedicineMan and I saw you outside Good Sams around that time :p:

Then at McDonalds about 20 minutes later you were waaaaaaaaaasted :colone:

:laugh:

Last year we saw MM off his face at Mummies and Daddies, and this year you :biggrin: Who will be next year? :teehee:
Original post by FFCrusader
x

Help... :puppyeyes: I was fairly sure I knew what we were doing this week, until I got todays email. Now I'm just confused. Do we have stuff today?! I just want to go back to bed... :getmecoat:
Reply 5623
Original post by digitalis
Just seen the news that Subcutaneous is applying for grad med!

Oh Lordy, the irony....makes all these years on TSR worth it!

Must reconsider applying to NE Thames now :colone:

Link.
Reply 5624

Oh Lordy, the irony....makes all these years on TSR worth it!

Must reconsider applying to NE Thames now :colone:

....:eek3:

Jeeez.
This may or may not have been spotted several days ago by some mods, and the reaction of certain older BL medics may or may not have been anticipated with interest...
(edited 12 years ago)
Lectures on anatomical position and other such interesting things :awesome:

Learnt some funny latin words; feel like god. /newbieexcitement
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Renal

Link.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=34067097&postcount=6790

Barts is one of the choices!

Original post by Helenia
This may or may not have been spotted several days ago by some mods, and the reaction of certain older BL medics may or may not have been anticipated with interest...

Well I was too hungover yesterday to do anything but smile satisfactedly at karma, but today I'm positively gleeful. However, that being said, there was some hiatus a year ago or so where there was a momentary career crisis before dedication to nursing was loudly proclaimed on the forum iirc?

Ah well, good luck to her!!
Oh *******s, another researcher with no places, at this rate I'll be the only third year without a project...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/09/17/falling-disco-ball-injures-four-doctors-at-nightclub-115875-23425423/

News
Luckily, we’re all training to be doctors, so we knew what to do.

I hope it wasn't one of my cohort that came out with that cracker.
(edited 12 years ago)
Ah first day of second year! Lectures on the upper limb = massive headache!
Original post by billet-doux

Ah first day of second year! Lectures on the upper limb = massive headache!

I had that last year :console:

Much prefer the lower limb :yep:
Lectures on the upper limb = massive headache!

Just do what I did and sacrifice most of those marks in the exam. Makes life so much better if you just cover the basics/fundamentals of the boring stuff.
Reply 5634
Hi, could I have some help with these 2 patient scenarios? One of my tutors has taken to giving us long lists to do 'in our spare time.' There is NO SPARE TIME!!

They're all really long so to summarise:

1. 5 year old male with intermittent severe stomach cramps & anorexia that often mean he is not able to go to school. No infection or funny blood results, otherwise in good health. Mother convinced this is more than just school anxiety.

2. 23 year old female with polydipsia (4-5L) and polyurea BUT urine is not clear/unusually light. Urine dipstick normal. Patient complains of fatigue and headaches.

1. Abdominal migraine?
2. Potentially just drinking too much water.......the lazy answer :colondollar:
or can anyone think of some kind of syndrome/disease? I don't know if I'm just being really stupid, but I can't think of any other conditions that make you thirsty apart from diabetes M & I, and obv they're both ruled out...

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Alanine
Hi, could I have some help with these 2 patient scenarios? One of my tutors has taken to giving us long lists to do 'in our spare time.' There is NO SPARE TIME!!

They're all really long so to summarise:

1. 5 year old male with intermittent severe stomach cramps & anorexia that often mean he is not able to go to school. No infection or funny blood results, otherwise in good health. Mother convinced this is more than just school anxiety.

2. 23 year old female with polydipsia (4-5L) and polyurea BUT urine is not clear/unusually light. Urine dipstick normal. Patient complains of fatigue and headaches.

1. Abdominal migraine?
2. Potentially just drinking too much water.......the lazy answer :colondollar:
or can anyone think of some kind of syndrome/disease?

I'm guessing (yay for having had over 3 months off medicine), but could 2 be some kind of ADH deficiency? Adding in the headaches, some form of pituitary or hypothalamic tumour?

I'll go back to pretending to be an engineer now.. :getmecoat:
Reply 5636
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I'm guessing (yay for having had over 3 months off medicine), but could 2 be some kind of ADH deficiency? Adding in the headaches, some form of pituitary or hypothalamic tumour?

I'll go back to pretending to be an engineer now.. :getmecoat:

Thanks! See I thought that...but then wouldn't the patient have lots of clear urine? My tutor put the normal colour urine bit in bold for emphasis....but then he does like playing around with naive med students....:confused:
Original post by Alanine
Thanks! See I thought that...but then wouldn't the patient have lots of clear urine? My tutor put the normal colour urine bit in bold for emphasis....but then he does like playing around with naive med students....:confused:

High output kidney failure? I am frankly clutching at straws here... the polyurea bit is confusing me.
Reply 5638

Is that in Coventry? If it was: I was in there back in feb!
Reply 5639
Same! Also thanks so much for your message about my iBSc PS, sadly illness kinda caught up with me and I never actually applied. So I've been flung into clinicals.....

Latest

Trending

Trending