The Student Room Group

King's College London vs Warwick

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Well are you talking in general or for law, i would say in general UCL and LSE are better than KCL, but in terms of law i think KCL is slightly better.
Original post by LutherVan
Historical reputation, present department strength and employability. The middle makes them pip KCL just very very slightly.

For the first KCL is outstandingly better than Durham and Warwick in my opinion, which makes it negligibly better than the 2.

Outstandingly? LOL

Even if I gave you the argument that it is marginally better, I don't see how you can say it is outstandingly better.

KCL is outstandingly better than Nottingham Trent.
Cambridge is outstandingly better than KCL.
Reply 102
adam0311: from what i see he justified his choice and you are yet to do it.
Original post by Lawlet

He justified it with a wikipedia alumni list. That's not justified.
Original post by adam0311
He justified it with a wikipedia alumni list. That's not justified.

Can't believe that this is still going on...
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Can't believe that this is still going on...

Can't believe people think that a wiki alumni list constitutes an entire unis relative ranking.
Can't believe people think that a wiki alumni list constitutes an entire unis relative ranking.

Ironic that potential lawyers don't use proper sources. :rolleyes:
Original post by Lawlet

Unfortunately, he still can not show alumni of Durham/Warwick that are (as he claimed) matchable to KCL alumni in law.

Yet he will not accept the ones from KCL that have excelled based on Wiki, Blue chip and Legal 500 records that the other 2 do not possess, instead he prefers to tell lies after lies.
Reply 108

we are not talking about ENTIRE uni ranking, we are talking about law ALONE, this is a law thread, not a general uni discussion thread.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Ironic that potential lawyers don't use proper sources. :rolleyes:

Forget poor sources. The bigger problem is the lack of analysis on those sources.

Unfortunately, he still can not show alumni of Durham/Warwick that are (as he claimed) matchable to KCL alumni in law.

Yet he will not accept the ones from KCL that have excelled based on Wiki, Blue chip and Legal 500 records that the other 2 do not possess, instead he prefers to tell lies after lies.

You mustn't have read my post. Post #72, point 6.

Original post by Lawlet
we are not talking about ENTIRE uni ranking, we are talking about law ALONE, this is a law thread, not a general uni discussion thread.

Just leave the thread. You clearly haven't been following this thread. I was referring to the law alumni of KCL, just like LutherVan was. So I have no idea how your post is relevant.
Reply 110
Forget poor sources. The bigger problem is the lack of analysis on those sources.

Just leave the thread. You clearly haven't been following this thread. I was referring to the law alumni of KCL, just like LutherVan was. So I have no idea how your post is relevant.

Get off the planet, you clearly haven't inherited any common sense from your parents, hence you're not a worthy human being.
Reply 111
Guys, I came on this thread to see peoples opinions about the two mentioned unis, as I applied to both, and thought it would be a bunch of people stating their opinion of each uni (studying there etc) and leaving it and all it was just you guys arguing about university rankings all the way through. Statistics are pretty much flawed and to be honest it doesn't matter where uni's are ranked or which has better employability, the fact that you're arguing about it shows that it is practically impossible to tell between the top unis and that they are all in fact VERY good.
Original post by Lawlet
Get off the planet, you clearly haven't inherited any common sense from your parents, hence you're not a worthy human being.

Y u mad bro?

(edited 13 years ago)

I avoided the post because you told a lie again that is now representative of your desperate line of arguments, Sir?

You claimed "majority" of KCL alumni on wiki are Africa based. It is clearly obvious now that maths is not your greatest strength, especially also considering your last ratio calculations on the alumni that matriculated at KCL. How did 3 out of 24 count as majority in your calculations?

To go further and for argument sakes count the ones that practiced in any third world country as "AFRICA" (since it will not surprise one an American does not know which countries are in Africa and might think India is an African country), how did 6 out of 24 count as majority in your calculations?

According to you, KCL and Durham have the same amount of Partners at MC and other mid-sized firms. So how does Durham match KCL if KCL has, in addition, more Legal 500 alumni, more top blue-chip legal supremos (General Counsels) and more accomplished alumni?

You asked what is special about KCL law alumni list?

KCL lists
- the second highest legal official in England (Lord Justice of Appeal)
- 1 Law Lord
- 2 International Court of Justice judges
- 5 UK QCs
- 9 knighted lawyers
- 5 highest national/regional legal official in foreign countries
- A US deputy governor

Durham could not list ONE accomplished famous law alumni on its wiki page and is resorting to listing only Law staff that graduated from other universities.

How can you claim Durham or Warwick have "matchable" alumni?

Sir, you can't prove they are matchable, put a sock in it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 114
Y u mad bro?

You're still foaming at the mouth? I think you just dislike having the last word.
I avoided the post because you told a lie again that is now representative of your desperate line of arguments, Sir?

You claimed "majority" of KCL alumni on wiki are Africa based. It is clearly obvious now that maths is not your greatest strength, especially also considering your last ratio calculations on the alumni that matriculated at KCL. How did 3 out of 24 count as majority in your calculations?

To go further and for argument sakes count the ones that practiced in any third world country as "AFRICA" (since it will not surprise one an American does not know which countries are in Africa and might think India is an African country), how did 6 out of 24 count as majority in your calculations?

According to you, KCL and Durham have the same amount of Partners at MC and other mid-sized firms. So how does Durham match KCL if KCL has more Legal 500 alumni, more top blue-chip legal supremos (General Counsels) and more accomplished alumni?

You asked what is special about KCL law alumni list?

KCL lists
- the second highest legal official in England (Lord Justice of Appeal)
- 1 Law Lord
- 2 International Court of Justice judges
- 5 UK QCs
- 9 knighted lawyers
- 5 highest national/regional legal official in foreign countries
- A US deputy governor

Durham could not list ONE accomplished famous law alumni on its wiki page and is resorting to listing only Law staff that graduated from other universities.

How can you claim Durham or Warwick have "matchable" alumni?

Sir, you can't prove they are matchable, put a sock in it.

This clearly isn't going anywhere. We'll have to agree to disagree. Good debate mate. Happy new years.
Reply 116
ARWU 2011
Cambridge - 5th
Oxford- 10th
UCL - 20th
Imperial - 24th
Manchester- 38th
Edinburgh -53rd
King's - 68th
Bristol - 70th
Warwick - 150-200th

QS World University Ranking 2011
Cambridge - 1st
Oxford - 5th
Imperial - 6th
UCL - 7th
Edinburgh - 20th
King's - 27th
Bristol - 30th
Warwick - 50th

Times World University Ranking Top 200

Cambridge - 6th
Oxford - 6th
Imperial - 9th
UCL - 22nd
Edinburgh - 40th
Bristol - 68th
King's - 77th
Warwick - not ranked (LOL!)

Conclusion
King's college is a Top 100 university in the world, and Warwick is pretty unknown. On a personal note, I wouldn't want to spend my precious youth in a place called coventry.

and yes I go to kings and I'm absolutely in love with the vibrant city life :biggrin:
Dont know about Law specifically, but overall Warwick definitely has a stronger reputation with employers today than KCL.
Reply 118
KCL for the philosophy politics and law course, hands down.
Original post by Zweihander
Dont know about Law specifically, but overall Warwick definitely has a stronger reputation with employers today than KCL.

KCL has a stronger academic reputation though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending