The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Nerd Culture?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Axavil
How common are the slightly more nerdily inclined in exeter university? Is it as established a group of people as in other universities?

If you refer to yourself as a nerd then you're probably not a nerd, just sayin'.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
LOL this thread's brilliant, guys. Wish Southampton had something similar...But then what constitutes a 'nerd' these days? In the classic sense of being intellectual and academically-inclined, and being very passionate about one's subject, I'm OCD and a complete nerd. But I can't be doing with PC games, fantasy novels (save the work of Tolkein, which, as ever, are works of genius) and the dead fashion sense that comes with some nerds...
Original post by Einheri

Good point.

Original post by Einheri
If you refer to yourself as a nerd then you're probably not a nerd, just sayin'.
Reply 223
does being a geek count?
Original post by allyk130
What do we need to be interested in to make the cut for this nerd meetup?

It's mainly for Doctor Who fans but feel free to come even if you're not a big DW fan! I'm sure we all have obsessions with other fandoms and interests as well, so don't feel as though you would be unwelcome! It's just a way to meet some people you may find common interests with. Hope to see you there! :smile:
Reply 225
Im starting psychology at exeter too this year :biggrin:

Same, hello guys :biggrin:
Im starting psychology at exeter too this year :biggrin:

Nice to meet you:smile: which accommodation are you in?
Reply 227
Birks Grange... what about you?
Reply 228
Original post by englishmajor2013
It's mainly for Doctor Who fans but feel free to come even if you're not a big DW fan! I'm sure we all have obsessions with other fandoms and interests as well, so don't feel as though you would be unwelcome! It's just a way to meet some people you may find common interests with. Hope to see you there! :smile:

I've enjoyed quite a few of the new seasons, and I love Torchwood. So maybe I'll see you there :biggrin:
I've enjoyed quite a few of the new seasons, and I love Torchwood. So maybe I'll see you there :biggrin:

I hope to see you there! It'll be fun. :smile:
Where there are DW fans, there are Torchwood fans :biggrin: :biggrin:
Cough FIREFLY cough
Reply 232
How's everyone getting on moving in?
Did you all enjoy a good first night out, or simply enjoy a cosy night in watching Doctor Who (or both, in my case :biggrin:)

And for those moving in tomorrow (technically today, as it's beyond midnight :tongue:), best wishes to all ^_^
Original post by NW-CG
How's everyone getting on moving in?
Did you all enjoy a good first night out, or simply enjoy a cosy night in watching Doctor Who (or both, in my case :biggrin:)

And for those moving in tomorrow (technically today, as it's beyond midnight :tongue:), best wishes to all ^_^

I missed Doctor Who :frown:

What accommodation are you in?
Reply 234
Original post by Organised=Chaos
I missed Doctor Who :frown:

What accommodation are you in?

James Owen Court (Block A)...

You're in Birks Grange, right?
Do you know a guy called John Ware?
Fell asleep last night, instead of going to the club :frown:
How is everyone's freshers week going? I think I'll need to sleep for a month after it!

Is anyone else in Birks Village? Looking forward to the meetup guys!! :smile:
Hey

Haven't been on in ages, hope everyone's first week was good!

Whats happening with the meet up?
it was a bit of a dibocal and needs to be rearranged
Reply 239
i take it then the meeting up stuff has gone???
seeing as noone is replying here any more ;P
hows everyone doing in their halls??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending