The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3740
Does anyone find that the more they try and improve last years personal statement, the worse it becomes? :colondollar:

Last years one was quite good but I need to take stuff out to put other stuff in :rolleyes: and well it ain't going so well. But I don't want to scrap it!!
Original post by laurenl93
Kirstie just do me a favour and shoot me in the face now.

If you want, I'll shoot randomly at your ps and any characters that are shot just aren't meant to be there.

I'm tempted to give my little sister mine with a nice big red pen, and anything she draws on i'll get rid of - consider it fate :tongue:
hey everyoneeee,

okay so i'm reapplying to medicine this year, got straight rejections last year from all 4 uni's with no interviews. However, i managed to bag a*a*aa in my a levels, and now im just working on my personal statement which is turning out to be more annoying than i thought! need to cut it down by 220 characters which is a pisstake!

anyway, i'm having a lot of trouble with choosing what uni's too actually apply to, i'm thinking of applying to manchester, leeds, uea and another one which im not sure of yet. does anyone know what medical schools are actually "easier" to get into?

if so then please quote the messsage and post a reply! much appreciateddd
Original post by Quackers93
If you want, I'll shoot randomly at your ps and any characters that are shot just aren't meant to be there.

I'm tempted to give my little sister mine with a nice big red pen, and anything she draws on i'll get rid of - consider it fate :tongue:

No but like, i look at it and when im about to get rid of something something flashes in my mind that goes AH **** IF I GET RID OF THAT THEN I WILL BE LOSING SHOWING I HAVE "X" SKILL AND THEN ILL FAIL

And literally just. oednfdsioufdsjkjs.

However i keep getting soo excited about applying for UCAS again because i feel like i know soo much more this time round and i like all the unis im applying to
yes, thats right, i know all the unis im applying to. :eek:

Not applying to st andrews eventhough i kinda wanna </3
Still as heartbroken as i was when i saw the 'unsuccessful'. And just as heartbroken further as when they said it was my UKCAT's fault when the reason i chose to apply to them was their supposed 4% weighing of ukcat. bad times.

Where are you applying love? lancaster right?
IF WE BOTH GET INTERVIEWS (:crossedf:)
AND THEY'RE ON THE SAME DAY (:crossedf:)
we should party hard in lancaster :sexface:

and same to anyone else on this thread who i like and isnt an old man (Joe being the exception) and is applying to Lancaster :woo:

first i just need to get this damn PS done...
Original post by alkesh_92
hey everyoneeee,

okay so i'm reapplying to medicine this year, got straight rejections last year from all 4 uni's with no interviews. However, i managed to bag a*a*aa in my a levels, and now im just working on my personal statement which is turning out to be more annoying than i thought! need to cut it down by 220 characters which is a pisstake!

anyway, i'm having a lot of trouble with choosing what uni's too actually apply to, i'm thinking of applying to manchester, leeds, uea and another one which im not sure of yet. does anyone know what medical schools are actually "easier" to get into?

if so then please quote the messsage and post a reply! much appreciateddd

use this
http://medreq.co.uk/
so annoyed.
just did the ukcat practice test but couldnt be bothered doing DA cos my tea was ready so i clicked end exam, rather than going through all the questions and clicking 'end review', so it completely closed and i never found out if my answers were right. fml.

Shameless self plug, tut tut tut :P.

I wonder how many people I could troll on youtube by going, You need maths to A2 though :P
You know what the youtube lot are usually like.
Original post by joemullally
Shameless self plug, tut tut tut :P.

I wonder how many people I could troll on youtube by going, You need maths to A2 though :P
You know what the youtube lot are usually like.

Hey Joe, do you rememeber that time we realised you need atleast an A* in maths AS level and a UKCAT score of 800 in order to stand a minimum chance of getting into medicine?

Well, I also discovered that all the unis i'm applying to hate year 13's but love gap year students. Especially those with jobs in hospitals. Who hate ukcat.... any year 13's reading this should know that i'm applying to lancaster liverpool UEA and aberdeen. That is all.

:ninja:
also, 4,258 characters :woo:

It''s getting there! but also getting ****ter on the way
Hey Joe, do you rememeber that time we realised you need atleast an A* in maths AS level and a UKCAT score of 800 in order to stand a minimum chance of getting into medicine?

Well, I also discovered that all the unis i'm applying to hate year 13's but love gap year students. Especially those with jobs in hospitals. Who hate ukcat.... any year 13's reading this should know that i'm applying to lancaster liverpool UEA and aberdeen. That is all.

:ninja:

Also if your name doesn't start with a J or you're a full nationality (not like half and half like myself) then Leeds hate you, They reckon more genetic combinations mean that applicants with a heterozygous advantage are more likely to be better doctors.

and unless you have eaten a fully grown 7 year old then there's no point in applying to glasgow.

and don't even think about barts unless you've preformed an emergency tracheotomy on a leprechaun.

also, 4,258 characters :woo:

It''s getting there! but also getting ****ter on the way

I know what you mean about the ****ter thing, the more I rejigged mine the worse it felt,
Then I re-read it and compared it to an earlier version (like three or four drafts before) and realised I did the right thing.

Every day you work on it is another day you get older, and therefore wiser.
So if you leave it late, it'l be better? (optimistic thoughts?)

Also, my gap year so far, missing my friends, missing my ex, basically this.

Pound a pint tonight should fix it? With some friends from college, As's who wern't dicks from last year. (including my crazy chinese friend, he's actually the best mental out of asia ever.)
(edited 12 years ago)
Also if your name doesn't start with a J or you're a full nationality (not like half and half like myself) then Leeds hate you, They reckon more genetic combinations mean that applicants with a heterozygous advantage are more likely to be better doctors.

and unless you have eaten a fully grown 7 year old then there's no point in applying to glasgow.

and don't even think about barts unless you've preformed an emergency tracheotomy on a leprechaun.

I know what you mean about the ****ter thing, the more I rejigged mine the worse it felt,
Then I re-read it and compared it to an earlier version (like three or four drafts before) and realised I did the right thing.

So if you leave it late, it'l be better?
(optimistic thoughts?)

Pound a pint tonight should fix it? With some friends from college, As's who wern't dicks from last year. (including my crazy chinese friend, he's actually the best mental out of asia ever.)

adopting this as my excuse for procrastination from now on, leaving things to the last minute cos thats when i'm wisest obv
Reply 3753
Hey I just wanted to ask how is everyone spending their gap year and what unis are you people applying to?

boredom is killing me.
Reply 3754

So if you leave it late, it'l be better? (optimistic thoughts?)

Dammit, I couldn't manage the 7 year old, but I've finished off a 4 year old? Do you think thats enough? :|

And also - I have a crazy chinese friend. He has a fanpage on facebook :ninja:
Original post by Shaz51
Hey I just wanted to ask how is everyone spending their gap year and what unis are you people applying to?

boredom is killing me.

its been 2 days since my friends left and im already bored out of my mind. cant believe its come to this lol
Reply 3756
I still have literally no idea what to put for my gap year in my personal statement, all the rest sounds good so I don't want to put in a massive weak point :/
HI :biggrin:
someone please reassure me about the ukcat, last year i got 650 and i've been reading that some reapplicants have gone down? has anyone gone up?...a lot?
Original post by atomos
so annoyed.
just did the ukcat practice test but couldnt be bothered doing DA cos my tea was ready so i clicked end exam, rather than going through all the questions and clicking 'end review', so it completely closed and i never found out if my answers were right. fml.

loool I did the same exact thing but i stopped after QR lol.. its just too long and boring
No but like, i look at it and when im about to get rid of something something flashes in my mind that goes AH **** IF I GET RID OF THAT THEN I WILL BE LOSING SHOWING I HAVE &quot;X&quot; SKILL AND THEN ILL FAIL

And literally just. oednfdsioufdsjkjs.

However i keep getting soo excited about applying for UCAS again because i feel like i know soo much more this time round and i like all the unis im applying to
yes, thats right, i know all the unis im applying to. :eek:

Not applying to st andrews eventhough i kinda wanna &lt;/3
Still as heartbroken as i was when i saw the 'unsuccessful'. And just as heartbroken further as when they said it was my UKCAT's fault when the reason i chose to apply to them was their supposed 4% weighing of ukcat. bad times.

Where are you applying love? lancaster right?
IF WE BOTH GET INTERVIEWS (:crossedf:)
AND THEY'RE ON THE SAME DAY (:crossedf:)
we should party hard in lancaster :sexface:

and same to anyone else on this thread who i like and isnt an old man (Joe being the exception) and is applying to Lancaster :woo:

first i just need to get this damn PS done...

Oh me too !! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending