The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by High As A Kite
Hi, please someone reply quickly!

I'm doing the medical forms at the moment and was wondering what my Norwich address would be? (im living in constable terrace if it matters)

- also, it simply states 'School' on one form and 'UEA Students: School...' on the other.... what does it want? School of law or something?

thanks!

Your Name Your School Abrieveation
Constable Terrace (or whatever building it is)
Norwich
Norfolk
NR4 7TJ
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by UEAAccommodation
Your Name Your School Abrieveation
Constable Terrace (or whatever building it is)
Norwich
Norfolk
NR4 7TJ

hey thanks for the reply, what is the law school abbreviation ?
LAW
Is there any reason why, after unpacking, you wouldn't be able to leve campus for a while? (My parents want to take me out for lunch, and buy some food etc from the supermarket in the town centre...)
Original post by xx glitterpixie xx

Is there any reason why, after unpacking, you wouldn't be able to leve campus for a while? (My parents want to take me out for lunch, and buy some food etc from the supermarket in the town centre...)

No :smile:

None at all. You can come and go as you please. A lot of people do the same thing you mention.
sorry, me again! but perhaps others might want to read too

i went to the Drs and they said the GMS1 form wasnt theirs to fill in, and that the form means I would be transferring to a practice in norwich - and the Dr there would fill it in ?

what has everyone else done with the GMS1 form? (bottom left section)

i went to the Drs and they said the GMS1 form wasnt theirs to fill in, and that the form means I would be transferring to a practice in norwich - and the Dr there would fill it in ?

you take it to the medical centre on campus when you get there.
Reply 2668

Yeah, as jelly1000 said you don't need your old doctors to do anything (except provide your NHS number if you don't know it already).

xxx
oh god, what a fail lol i was thinking to myself, "should i push this issue and tell them im sure the Dr here has to do it?" .. haha good thing i didnt!

but, i still got a list of my previous vacc. and yup, they gave me my NHS number so it wasnt a wasted journey! (albeit a 45 second walk)

thanks you two :smile:
Right then.

Providing you are coming by car when you arrive and get to the main car park you will be directed to park in a certain area depending on what residence you have been allocated to. Don't worry, you won't be leaving your car there, you can move to the residence one you have your keys. Remember that you will need to bring either some photo ID or a print out of your room offer letter with you or we won't be able to issue your keys. You don't want to be sent back up to the car to get this so remember to pick them up.

After you have been parked up follow the happy throng of excited new people to the Student Union Building (more specifically the LCR in the building) and join the queue (if you're unlucky) or go straight up to the long line desks (if you are lucky!). These are manned and womaned by a host of students, normally in yellow T-Shirts, and they will be able to help you to sign your licence and collect your keys. You will have to sign the licence even if for instance your parents will be paying for it. The contract will be with you and not them. I'll also be in the hall looking after this team so if you see me say hi!

In the pack you will get at this point will be:

Your Keys

Your UEA campus ID card (if you have completed the on-line application for it by the deadline). If you haven't there may be a temporary residence card in it's place that will open your room door (if you residence needs one). If you get a temporary card you will need return it to us in the Accommodation Office when you do get your campus ID from the library in the first week.

Your room licence and T+Cs that go with it.

Information about the insurance you have on the room. Every student has this set up and it is a mandatory charge of £6 for the year added to the rent (in other words £6 on top of the total shown as the rent payment on the licence).

The Inventory sheet for your room. When you get into the room fill in the back of this ticking off the condition of the various items shown on the list (good, fair or poor) then leave it on your desk. When you cleaner comes in on the next weekday to empty your room bin they will sign it off and take it away. At the end of your contract period they will come back and make sure everything is still in the same condition. This document protects you from being charged for things you haven't broken so make sure that you fill it in.

And some information about meningitis that we give out on behalf of the meningitis trust. Don't worry about this though. I can't think of a single case of meningitis in the 7 years I've worked here. It's just for your info.

Once you have this pack go back to your car and you can then move it to your new residence. You will be directed to park as close as you can to the entrance nearest your room. There will be teams of student helpers on hand to help you unload led by the Senior Residents for your building.

Once you have unloaded your car please don't leave it where it is. If your parents (or whoever is bringing you) want to stay a bit longer please get them to move the car back to the main car park as the spot you had will be needed so that someone else can unload.

In the room will be a bedding pack (if you ordered one) and a small box containing some freebies (a drink, some snacks and shampoo etc) and also the Student Accommodation Survival Guide. Pretty much any question you may have will be answered in this book so please read it as it may save you a trip to see us in the office if you do.

Lastly, get settled in and meet your new flatmates!

If you do have any problems though please come and see us in the Arrivals Hall or the Accommodation Office. we'll be happy to help.

Hope this gives you the heads up.

Thanks, this is really useful. :smile:
LAW

That made me laugh! :teehee:
Original post by diamonddust

Makes it seem like UEAAccomodation was shouting 'LAW'
Original post by jelly1000

Makes it seem like UEAAccomodation was shouting 'LAW'

:laugh: Which makes it even funnier! :biggrin:
Right then.

Providing you are coming by car when you arrive and get to the main car park you will be directed to park in a certain area depending on what residence you have been allocated to. Don't worry, you won't be leaving your car there, you can move to the residence one you have your keys. Remember that you will need to bring either some photo ID or a print out of your room offer letter with you or we won't be able to issue your keys. You don't want to be sent back up to the car to get this so remember to pick them up.

After you have been parked up follow the happy throng of excited new people to the Student Union Building (more specifically the LCR in the building) and join the queue (if you're unlucky) or go straight up to the long line desks (if you are lucky!). These are manned and womaned by a host of students, normally in yellow T-Shirts, and they will be able to help you to sign your licence and collect your keys. You will have to sign the licence even if for instance your parents will be paying for it. The contract will be with you and not them. I'll also be in the hall looking after this team so if you see me say hi!

In the pack you will get at this point will be:

Your Keys

Your UEA campus ID card (if you have completed the on-line application for it by the deadline). If you haven't there may be a temporary residence card in it's place that will open your room door (if you residence needs one). If you get a temporary card you will need return it to us in the Accommodation Office when you do get your campus ID from the library in the first week.

Your room licence and T+Cs that go with it.

Information about the insurance you have on the room. Every student has this set up and it is a mandatory charge of £6 for the year added to the rent (in other words £6 on top of the total shown as the rent payment on the licence).

The Inventory sheet for your room. When you get into the room fill in the back of this ticking off the condition of the various items shown on the list (good, fair or poor) then leave it on your desk. When you cleaner comes in on the next weekday to empty your room bin they will sign it off and take it away. At the end of your contract period they will come back and make sure everything is still in the same condition. This document protects you from being charged for things you haven't broken so make sure that you fill it in.

And some information about meningitis that we give out on behalf of the meningitis trust. Don't worry about this though. I can't think of a single case of meningitis in the 7 years I've worked here. It's just for your info.

Once you have this pack go back to your car and you can then move it to your new residence. You will be directed to park as close as you can to the entrance nearest your room. There will be teams of student helpers on hand to help you unload led by the Senior Residents for your building.

Once you have unloaded your car please don't leave it where it is. If your parents (or whoever is bringing you) want to stay a bit longer please get them to move the car back to the main car park as the spot you had will be needed so that someone else can unload.

In the room will be a bedding pack (if you ordered one) and a small box containing some freebies (a drink, some snacks and shampoo etc) and also the Student Accommodation Survival Guide. Pretty much any question you may have will be answered in this book so please read it as it may save you a trip to see us in the office if you do.

Lastly, get settled in and meet your new flatmates!

If you do have any problems though please come and see us in the Arrivals Hall or the Accommodation Office. we'll be happy to help.

Hope this gives you the heads up.

Ok, I'm going to honest. I read this twice and the first time I read it, the only thing I saw was 'FREEBIES'! :tongue:
Thanks so much for this! :biggrin:

Well I didn't know what else to say! The short code for the Law school is LAW and it has to be in capitals like that. I wasn't trying to be facitious or anything (although I'll admit it does read that way).

As for the FREEBIES in your room. There is some good stuff in there: a bag of kettle chips, a new drink called Ting, a guzzle puzzle and some ritz crackers amongst other stuff. Enjoy!
Well I didn't know what else to say! The short code for the Law school is LAW and it has to be in capitals like that. I wasn't trying to be facitious or anything (although I'll admit it does read that way).

As for the FREEBIES in your room. There is some good stuff in there: a bag of kettle chips, a new drink called Ting, a guzzle puzzle and some ritz crackers amongst other stuff. Enjoy!

Oh I know you weren't trying to be factitious, don't worry! :laugh: It was just one of those unintentionally hilarious moments. :smile: :awesome:
I have no idea what a guzzle puzzle is (*goes to Google*) but you had me at Kettle Chips! :biggrin:

Awesome, I've been wanting to see if guzzle puzzle are any good. I'm loving this already.

*Hurry up Saturday* :colone: Never heard of Ting, my mum got me a guzzle puzzle but I had so many lime pole things and not enough rings haha
Actually don't hurry I haven't packed LOL I tried to put all my clothes in my suitcase and it wouldn't close/none of us could lift it :colondollar: So I had to buy vac bags and shove them in there so they're easier to carry up any stairs I might have to go up.

And thanks for the itinerary :smile:

I'm trying to work out which reading books/ DVDs I should take and it's hard to choose... friends box set or no friends box set a few extra books... or take the box set and watch some episodes when waiting in the launderette...but a book would be easier to carry than a laptop. And I need to find a box to dump all my little ornaments in....and a binliner for all my shoes...laptop bag... medical forms...rabbit slippers....paper to write a proper list instead of on here LOL
(edited 12 years ago)
I can confirm that the Guzzle Puzzle sweeties are very nice! (Well, I had to check all the items in the gift boxes for quality when they came in, obviously...)

Edit: The Ting drink is pretty good too. It's a Jamaican Grapefruit and Lemon fizzy thing, bit like Lilt I suppose.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending