The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone from London by the way ? Just asking out of curiosity
Reply 3181
do you think that if your applying to oxbridge other universities will discriminate against you? I know they cant see where else your applying but if you submit your ucas before october 15th its kinda obvious
Which place do you think will be more likely to offer a place for Economics, Warwick or Bath?
Original post by funkydee
Well i looked on ALL the college websites and decided Pembroke was the one! lol what about you?

St Catz, had a look at the websites, not quite all as some people had already chosen certain colleges for econ at my school (prepared people) , and talked to 2 or 3 teachers who studied at cambridge and came to the conclusion Catz would be good :smile:
Original post by Tremmel Smith

Yep :smile:
Original post by Hemzo
I agree, I've seen my friends who struggle with languages, far from easy..
Definitely want to pick up Portuguese or Spanish at university and learn that alongside Economics, always been fond of languages :smile:

:five:

W.London
Original post by wachno
do you think that if your applying to oxbridge other universities will discriminate against you? I know they cant see where else your applying but if you submit your ucas before october 15th its kinda obvious

Some schools have internal deadlines before Oct 15th, and there is no way they will know if you are going to get an offer from oxbridge, hence as they do not want to miss out on a top candidate they will still give you an offer if you merit one.
if you had these grades would you think its a good idea to apply to cambridge, warwick, lse, ucl and durham? (i dont mind taking a gap year and reapplying)

GCSE's:
6.5A* 2.5A 1B

AS: (ums will be included on ucas)
Maths A (456/500) (97 in C3)
Economics A (195/200)
English Lit A (180/200)
Physics A (272/300)
Critical Thinking C (138/200)

A-Level Predictions:
Maths A*
Economics A*
Physics A*
Further Maths A

Snap man- I was thinking about applying to exactly the same 5 unis and wouldn't mind taking a gap year, though 1 or 2 choices may change lol. You're maths scores are nice, esp that 97 in C3-. Econ and Physics also good. I'd say that you have a decent chance of getting at least one offer, with a decent PS
(edited 12 years ago)

Yep :biggrin:
Reply 3190
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Snap man- I was thinking about applying to exactly the same 5 unis and wouldn't mind taking a gap year, though 1 or 2 choices may change lol. You're maths scores are nice, esp that 97 in C3-. Econ and Physics also good. I'd say that you have a decent chance of getting at least one interview, with a decent PS

I thought only oxbridge interview for econ.

me!
Original post by zxh800
I thought only oxbridge interview for econ.

Yeah sorry meant offer, changed it

Yes.
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Yeah sorry meant offer, changed it

where you thinking of applying?
where you thinking of applying?

Exactly the same as you- though I might replace LSE with Nottingham
It's weird. I come on this thread every night to help one another and see the same people everyday.

You're starting to become my family. :colondollar:
Any decent universities that offer Economics at AAA?
Original post by 94george94
It's weird. I come on this thread every night to help one another and see the same people everyday.

You're starting to become my family. :colondollar:

awwwhhh how cute :biggrin:
Original post by miscellaneous123
Any decent universities that offer Economics at AAA?

Southampton & York etc.

Just look at league tables then research around the 15th mark.

Latest

Trending

Trending