The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UEAAccommodation
Well I didn't know what else to say! The short code for the Law school is LAW and it has to be in capitals like that. I wasn't trying to be facitious or anything (although I'll admit it does read that way).

As for the FREEBIES in your room. There is some good stuff in there: a bag of kettle chips, a new drink called Ting, a guzzle puzzle and some ritz crackers amongst other stuff. Enjoy!

Sweets and kettle chips? I love UEA more and more... :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2681
Jealous much of the FREEBIES!

I'm trying to remember everything ours had in it... I know there was a mini shower gel and toothpaste, the latter of which my fiance still has because he is obsessed with overly small or large objects.

Also teabags and a can of boost and lots of booklets. I need freshers fair or 'welcome fair', whatever it's called now, to get more free stuff!

xxx
Original post by kpwxx
Jealous much of the FREEBIES!

I'm trying to remember everything ours had in it... I know there was a mini shower gel and toothpaste, the latter of which my fiance still has because he is obsessed with overly small or large objects.

Also teabags and a can of boost and lots of booklets. I need freshers fair or 'welcome fair', whatever it's called now, to get more free stuff!

xxx

Having seen this year's, it's definitely better than ours was two years ago.

I don't remember having sweets or crisps in ours.
We had a tiny bottle of tabasco sauce in ours. And toothpaste, a mini box of 'Krave' (which ended up being used in the middle cup in Ring of Fire and was only slightly more disgusting that way than consumed the conventional way), a bottle of Mountain Dew and some coffee.

I'm going to have to go and 'acquire' as much stuff from the freshers' fair as possible. I need one of those wall calenders they do with LCR events on and stuff, I feel a bit out of the loop now I'm not living on campus any more! Plus, there's no such thing as too many free pens, surely...
I can't help but get excited about freebies! Also, what about dominos vouchers? I read in another thread that we get a pack of free dominos vouchers
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by pigwigeon

Original post by pigwigeon
We had a tiny bottle of tabasco sauce in ours. And toothpaste, a mini box of 'Krave' (which ended up being used in the middle cup in Ring of Fire and was only slightly more disgusting that way than consumed the conventional way), a bottle of Mountain Dew and some coffee.

And some haribo and a small bar of milka iirc :holmes:

I was hoping to be able to pick up a bedding pack on my arrival but i cant find an application form to fill out. Are they not available to English student and internationals only? thanks :smile: just thought it'd be easier to pick it up there as room in the car is now subsidised due to giving a mate a lift up aswell :smile:
Reply 2687
Original post by Trixie2005

I was hoping to be able to pick up a bedding pack on my arrival but i cant find an application form to fill out. Are they not available to English student and internationals only? thanks :smile: just thought it'd be easier to pick it up there as room in the car is now subsidised due to giving a mate a lift up aswell :smile:

Here's an earlier post from UEAAccom

You can buy a bedding pack from us for £20 if you like when you get here (it has a duvet, sheet, pillow and covers for both) or if you prefer you can go on our website and order one to be put in your room for you so it's there for you when you arrive.

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/applyforroom/beddingapplication

So you should be fine!

Original post by mrdoovde1
I can't help but get excited about freebies! Also, what about dominos vouchers? I read in another thread that we get a pack of free dominos vouchers

At fresher's/welcome fair there is usually a stand by dominoes. They give out a free slice of pizza if you give them your phone number (the stall usually has a big queue... :P) They also hand out bags with menus inside which have tonnes of vouchers attached. They have all sorts on, mainly BOGOF but also half price if you spend £30, free x if you buy y etc. They also have two vouchers for a free personal size pizza which can only be used at certain times of day on certain dates, but last year they gave out empty pizza boxes to use with the first voucher. My friends walked down with several boxes on the day and got them all filled up for free, you could also upgrade a size for £1! Not sure exactly what they'll do this year but vouchers are bound to be available cause they make tonnes of money off it. There will literally be stacks of them so you can pick up tonnes, plus I think they hand them out/post them in halls as well. I don't think people are actually allowed to deliver menus etc in halls but it certainly happened in the village in the first week! You are sure to never run dry of vouchers basically.

xxxxx
Original post by kpwxx
At fresher's/welcome fair there is usually a stand by dominoes. They give out a free slice of pizza if you give them your phone number (the stall usually has a big queue... :P) They also hand out bags with menus inside which have tonnes of vouchers attached. They have all sorts on, mainly BOGOF but also half price if you spend £30, free x if you buy y etc. They also have two vouchers for a free personal size pizza which can only be used at certain times of day on certain dates, but last year they gave out empty pizza boxes to use with the first voucher. My friends walked down with several boxes on the day and got them all filled up for free, you could also upgrade a size for £1! Not sure exactly what they'll do this year but vouchers are bound to be available cause they make tonnes of money off it. There will literally be stacks of them so you can pick up tonnes, plus I think they hand them out/post them in halls as well. I don't think people are actually allowed to deliver menus etc in halls but it certainly happened in the village in the first week! You are sure to never run dry of vouchers basically.

xxxxx

Oh cool thanks. Where and when is the freshers fair?
Original post by mrdoovde1
Oh cool thanks. Where and when is the freshers fair?

If it's the welcome fair mentioned in the diary then 11-3 on monday 26th in the LCR
Original post by Trixie2005

What Kpwxx quoted me on was correct at the time I posed it but since then we have had to stop taking orders for them to be put in rooms (as we can't guarantee we will have time to it now) so we took the application form off line.

You will still be able to get one from us when you arrive though. Just call into the Accommodation Office when when you get here and we can help.

They cost £20 but we will bill this to you, you don't pay for it when you pick it up.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
And some haribo and a small bar of milka iirc :holmes:

Ahhhhh, yes. Those disappeared so quickly I forgot they even existed... :tongue:
In case I don't get a chance later I just wanted to say to everyone that I hope you have a fantastic year in halls (or whereever you are going to live).

It's been great chatting with you and answering all your questions these last few months and I hope I'll see some of you this weekend when you move in. I'll be in the main arrivals hall looking after the team giving out all your keys so if you see me say hi. If not quite a few of you will be hearing from me soon if you are moving into Browne House, Kett House, Suffolk Terrace, Orwell Close, Wolfson Close, Paston House or Victory House!

Have an exciting (but nervy) weekend, see you soon!

Matt (UEAAccommodation)
Reply 2693

Matt (UEAAccommodation)

Hey, you don't happen to know how much a bus pass is gonna be this year do you? xxx
Original post by kpwxx
Hey, you don't happen to know how much a bus pass is gonna be this year do you? xxx

I know I'm not the person you quoted, but I've seen it around that its £200 with the student discount
Original post by kpwxx

Jelly is right, they are 200 quid.Worth every penny if you use the bus a lot.
Reply 2696
Original post by jelly1000
I know I'm not the person you quoted, but I've seen it around that its £200 with the student discount

Jelly is right, they are 200 quid.Worth every penny if you use the bus a lot.

Ta! They've not gone up this year, shocker lol. I am gonna get one I think been as I'm like an hours walk this year. I'm just worried I'll pay and end up being able to get lifts from house mates most days anyway. But at least I'll get to use my pretty paper chase pass holder again!

xxx
Original post by kpwxx
Ta! They've not gone up this year, shocker lol. I am gonna get one I think been as I'm like an hours walk this year. I'm just worried I'll pay and end up being able to get lifts from house mates most days anyway. But at least I'll get to use my pretty paper chase pass holder again!

xxx

I believe they go up in November.
Original post by kpwxx

Original post by kpwxx

xxx

It goes up to £210 on 1st November :sadnod:

I love my bus pass. I've used it so much already :yep:
Reply 2699
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
It goes up to £210 on 1st November :sadnod:

I love my bus pass. I've used it so much already :yep:

jelly1000

Ah I see!

It's also nice to think there will never be a time when I'm all like 'I should stay and revise but I have to walk home and I'm hungry!', cause I can just hop on the bus! Plus I can walk past an awesome chip shop between my house and the stop. Plus I can get the bus to ASDA if no-one else wants to go!

xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending